aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3690211 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97D - 29 Jan - High Times
« Reply #1980 on: February 04, 2016, 08:24:38 am »
What does Voodoo Mastery refer to? The Ghost Dagger is surprisingly effective. I even took down a tank!!

It refers to Psi attack strength, the attribute psi-amp is using, which is Voodoo Skill * Voodoo Power.

This is naturally explained in the VooDoo School facility description.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 04, 2016, 08:37:10 am »
Thanks. That explains it. I was looking at the formula and wondering why Ghost Blade was so good for anything. Could you explain why it is useless versus Star Gods? I can use a Bardiche to kill one but not a Ghost blade.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1982 on: February 04, 2016, 08:44:10 am »
High resistance to Plasma.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 04, 2016, 12:03:08 pm »
Thanks. I dont think it states that Ghost Blade deals Plasma damage. I will double check once I get on the game.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 05, 2016, 12:17:28 am »
What is STR_HEALER_PLUS? It's a project on the research screen. Also, i'm not too sure when robbery is a better option than plain ransom, got any tips?

Another thing: i was just assaulting a totally normal cargo freigther, and some of the time during the enemy's turn, the screen focuses on certain spots on the landscape and makes this weird (scanning?) sound. I've encountered this before, but ignored it since it didn't seem to have an effect. This time however, it made one of my elite gals in defender armor drop unconscious and blow herself up due to carrying live grenades. What gives?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:26:08 am by Foxhound634 »

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 05, 2016, 12:56:35 am »
Is the Conqueror SUPPOSED to take two years to craft? Why can't I assign more than 10 runs to build it? There's workshop space there!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1986 on: February 05, 2016, 11:31:32 am »
What is STR_HEALER_PLUS? It's a project on the research screen.

Probably a harmless leftover from version upgrade. Happens when continuing the campaign from an earlier version.

Also, i'm not too sure when robbery is a better option than plain ransom, got any tips?

When you want the raw materials instead of money.

Another thing: i was just assaulting a totally normal cargo freigther, and some of the time during the enemy's turn, the screen focuses on certain spots on the landscape and makes this weird (scanning?) sound. I've encountered this before, but ignored it since it didn't seem to have an effect. This time however, it made one of my elite gals in defender armor drop unconscious and blow herself up due to carrying live grenades. What gives?

It was probably a strange desert, right? That's one of the mod's mysteries. :)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 05, 2016, 12:19:20 pm »
Probably a harmless leftover from version upgrade. Happens when continuing the campaign from an earlier version.

Ok so i don't get anything from researching it?

It was probably a strange desert, right? That's one of the mod's mysteries. :)

Yeah, a pink desert...confusion intensifying!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1988 on: February 05, 2016, 12:57:20 pm »
Ok so i don't get anything from researching it?

Not exactly, you probably do. I don't know about this particular item, but in general it means that this part of the tech tree was rebuilt and such non-translated strings are 0 cost researches that normally shouldn't be visible at all.

You see, if a research has cost 0, then it's researched straight away. If it doesn't have any prerequisites, it's automatically researched at the first midnight (no scientists required, because nothing needs to be researched), so making it doesn't even make sense - you can as well make it starting knowledge. But a 0 cost research with requirements makes much more sense, because it is researched automatically when all prerequisites are met, so it can be used as a "trigger" for enabling something.
What you see is probably such a 0 cost research. In a normal game you wouldn't see it at all on the list, because it gets researched the same moment when it becomes available for research, so it doesn't even show up. But if the tech tree changes, this relation often breaks and these researches can be seen.
The solution? Put 1 scientist on this research, it'll be discovered for sure within a day.

Yeah, a pink desert...confusion intensifying!

^_^

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1989 on: February 05, 2016, 01:24:57 pm »
It's part of the update process, start all the STR_* projects with a brainer each to get them at the next midnight.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1990 on: February 05, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »
Is the Conqueror SUPPOSED to take two years to craft? Why can't I assign more than 10 runs to build it? There's workshop space there!

It takes 100 workshop space, if you want it finished quickly, you need much more :P

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 05, 2016, 04:39:23 pm »
On STR_HEALER_PLUS? Researched it and got the Spa

Weird Noise? In the desert, yup knocks out your soldiers in the open. when I noticed this I quickly moved my soldiers into either my craft or the enemies craft.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 06, 2016, 11:11:45 am »
Little Requests, Dioxine

Is it possible to make the EuroSyndicate Lasrifle have the ability to stun an enemy?

PS is the TK projector bugged?

Also what exactly does the research 'The Mutant Self Defense Force' do? For some reason I am reluctant to research it ...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1993 on: February 06, 2016, 01:18:08 pm »
Little Requests, Dioxine

Is it possible to make the EuroSyndicate Lasrifle have the ability to stun an enemy?

Wut

PS is the TK projector bugged?

Also what exactly does the research 'The Mutant Self Defense Force' do? For some reason I am reluctant to research it ...

Is not, and I'm not saying anything past what Bootypedia says :)
EDIT: there are downsides and upsides for doing that research, but it is definitely not required to end the game. It's sort of a 'different ending' thing.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:27:10 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 06, 2016, 05:19:22 pm »
^Similar to stun ability of Combat Shotgun, Autogun and Battle Rifle is what I meant.