Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577282 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.93 - 19 Aug - Sectoids!
« Reply #555 on: August 28, 2015, 01:59:00 pm »
Hey Dioxine, would you be interested in a ruleset to allow you to take a pic like the one below with all of Piratez's units? Be warned it can take some time to get everyone on the same spot though ;)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:01:11 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #556 on: August 28, 2015, 02:48:10 pm »
Wow, how did you do that? :) You didn't get everyone, but you've brought some extras too, so it's fine :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 28, 2015, 02:53:11 pm »
Wow, how did you do that? :) You didn't get everyone, but you've brought some extras too, so it's fine :)

This pic is from Redux, not Piratez. I created a special alienRace and alienDeployment and then hit CTRL+D during the mission and moved all the aliens around on their turn (the Waspite apparently doesn't like pics and ran away).

If you're interested I can post a ruleset that you can simply drop on the folder containing Piratez rulesets. You'll need to define the units you want displayed and then move all to single location on debug mode.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:07:38 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #558 on: August 28, 2015, 04:55:01 pm »
(the Waspite apparently doesn't like pics and ran away).

The Waspite took the photo.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #559 on: August 28, 2015, 05:48:44 pm »
If you're interested I can post a ruleset that you can simply drop on the folder containing Piratez rulesets. You'll need to define the units you want displayed and then move all to single location on debug mode.

Yeah why not... Is it simply a humongous alienRace? I thought they were limited to 8 units... :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 28, 2015, 10:59:37 pm »
Yeah why not... Is it simply a humongous alienRace? I thought they were limited to 8 units... :)

Yup, it is a huge alien race of 59 units. And as of yesterday, when Warboy added a safety, it is entirely possible to have deployments of more than 8 units.

I can't get the ruleset to work on its own but you can simply copy paste the relevant sections to your rulesets. You'll need to adjust the 'STR_GROUP_PICTURE"  alienRace with the units from your mod, and then set the equivalent number of alien ranks in the correspondent alienDeployment  entry.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #561 on: August 28, 2015, 11:15:04 pm »
Yup, it is a huge alien race of 59 units. And as of yesterday, when Warboy added a safety, it is entirely possible to have deployments of more than 8 units.

I can't get the ruleset to work on its own but you can simply copy paste the relevant sections to your rulesets. You'll need to adjust the 'STR_GROUP_PICTURE"  alienRace with the units from your mod, and then set the equivalent number of alien ranks in the correspondent alienDeployment  entry.

Instead of group pictures, I can only foresee Dioxine filling UFOs to the brim now.

So many hostiles. The scantily clad mutantity!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 28, 2015, 11:28:43 pm »
Instead of group pictures, I can only foresee Dioxine filling UFOs to the brim now.

So many hostiles. The scantily clad mutantity!

While it can also increase quantity a bit, this also adds for a lot more variety, while retaining quantity. If you have a total of 24 enemy units, divided through 8 ranks, you can now have 24 ranks and customize individually the name, appearance, stats and weapons/items of each unit.

The main question is really how much work you want to spend doing this, and how to properly set up and use the correspondent alienDeployment entry. Because that entry will always require a 24 rank alienRace to work, otherwise the game will crash.

@Dioxine, could you do me a favor and identify the units which you are the author? I'm starting to have problems remembering all of the contributions to add to the credits list and I've reused a lot of material from Piratez. :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:33:07 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #563 on: August 29, 2015, 01:04:32 am »
While it can also increase quantity a bit, this also adds for a lot more variety, while retaining quantity. If you have a total of 24 enemy units, divided through 8 ranks, you can now have 24 ranks and customize individually the name, appearance, stats and weapons/items of each unit.

The main question is really how much work you want to spend doing this, and how to properly set up and use the correspondent alienDeployment entry. Because that entry will always require a 24 rank alienRace to work, otherwise the game will crash.

Nah I consider 8 ranks more than enough for normal deployments, besides adding huge races to normal missions would mean not only a lot of work, but also a possibility of collisions... eg. if I add just single 20-units race, I'll have to rework all retal mission craft deployments... Also don't mistake the number of ranks with quantity of aliens - I have deployments up to 33 units, but most of my races usually only have 4-6 types of units. Going in the direction of customization (eg. 4 types of basic enemy soldier mean 20 instead of 5 weapon loadout variants), this could be consider , but a huge pain to actually impelement :)

@Dioxine, could you do me a favor and identify the units which you are the author? I'm starting to have problems remembering all of the contributions to add to the credits list and I've reused a lot of material from Piratez. :)

Yeah have a picture :) I think they're all units where I've added some significant contribution, either if they're often modified TFTD or Warboy's/Luke83's/wherever they got them from - sprites.
Oh yeah, and Piratez currently stand at 84 types of new enemy & civilian units (counting by spritesheets), plus most of vanilla units (Sectoid, Cyberdisc, Reaper, Chryssalid, Celatid, Ethereal, Sectopod, X-Com unarmored/Personal Armor/Power Suit, Civilians).

EDIT: took the liberty to update the Iron Man armor for release...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:17:54 pm by Dioxine »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2015, 07:40:51 pm »
wouldn't that technically be an IronWoman armor? just sayin'...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #565 on: August 29, 2015, 07:53:07 pm »
Not sure, I'm not an expert on American comics :)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 29, 2015, 08:52:13 pm »
Got a new version of the Iron(wo)man armour right here.

A test version and two templates, (one holding the helm on the left and one on the right.)

These might look better.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2015, 10:16:22 am »
After a long hiatus I started playing Piratez  again :) this time as Extended.
So I started a campaign. One question comes to my mind: The stone hatchet. I kind of researched something that allowed me to fabricate it. But I couldn't see anything on the Bootypedia. Just for kicks I made one, very cheap, then the research screen for this item came up. Is it normal.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2015, 10:18:55 am »
After a long hiatus I started playing Piratez  again :) this time as Extended.
So I started a campaign. One question comes to my mind: The stone hatchet. I kind of researched something that allowed me to fabricate it. But I couldn't see anything on the Bootypedia. Just for kicks I made one, very cheap, then the research screen for this item came up. Is it normal.

Yes, this is exactly how it was designed, because reasons. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2015, 11:38:03 am »
I've made a choice for the final version of the armor - sorry if it feels unfair, since some work was wasted but I have to make the choices, being ultimatively responsible for everything. Example attached.

@Hatchet: aliens did it.