Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577364 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.93 - 19 Aug - Sectoids!
« Reply #585 on: September 07, 2015, 01:30:41 pm »
The Debug mode is activated by pressing ctrl+d, but you need to have debug enabled in the config file.
As for doctoring the saves, any text editor would do.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 07, 2015, 01:52:04 pm »
Yep, it worked. More prisoners than usual, but that's what they get for crashing my game.

Thanks again.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #587 on: September 07, 2015, 10:03:27 pm »
Just for the note, it's also possible to add Fatal Wounds instead of Stun levels to disable a unit. Just give them 100 Fatal Wounds and they'll die before they get to act. Perhaps it's more fair than stunning them.

EDIT:

Not sure if you people care, but today I have expanded the Piratez article on TV Tropes. It contains some spoilers, but nothing major, and some are hidden.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 08, 2015, 03:38:50 am »
Hello, lovingthe mod, but i wonder i can use the save game i made from the not extended version of the mod?, i really would like to keep my progress

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #589 on: September 08, 2015, 05:45:34 am »
Your soldiers, craft, bases and weapons will be unharmed, but you might end up in a real pinch tech and money-wise. Plus it'll be a steep learning curve to experience the reality of Extended's battlefield. :)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 08, 2015, 05:49:16 am »
Plus it'll be a steep learning curve to experience the reality of Extended's battlefield.

I agree with Dioxine, you could do it, but Piratez Extended is totaly diffrent in its experiance.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 08, 2015, 11:03:13 pm »
I agree with Dioxine, you could do it, but Piratez Extended is totaly diffrent in its experiance.

if you say so....it will be a drag though, starting again with crap guns and meele what it's almost impossible to use, i wonder if there a guide for starters

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 09, 2015, 11:08:53 am »
Guide: use blackpowder bombs

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 09, 2015, 12:47:23 pm »
Frankly, muskets & co. aren't that bad. The main problem is that your swabbies lack the stats to use them effectively. Combined with lack of good armour and equipment, this makes early game somewhat hard - you just need to be careful and avoid battles which are too costly.

If I were you jmf, I'd start a new game as normal and then copy the soldiers and equipment you have in your old game, as well as the research. (Just be sure to take off all armours before the transfer.) This will of course make your early game easier, but given Piratez nature, it shouldn't really matter that much.

Besides, early game should get a bit easier with the next release. We'll see if it really is. :)

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #594 on: September 09, 2015, 03:37:00 pm »
Guide: use blackpowder bombs

Cutlasses and axes cut through power armors too.

Also you should use 'alternate movement method' so you can ctrl+click for sprinting (trades energy for TU). On gals who have enough energy, you will be able to walk around the enemy to hit him in the back.

The blunderbuss is also great at close range, I did not bother with the other starter guns because either they lack autonomy, precision or weight a ton.

What I did early on is to give melee weapons and have the gals loot guns from the dead security guards. You can also buy either a rpg or a couple of panzer to kill cyberdisks on the first terror missions.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:43:43 pm by Boltgun »

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 09, 2015, 03:50:44 pm »
Frankly, muskets & co. aren't that bad. The main problem is that your swabbies lack the stats to use them effectively. Combined with lack of good armour and equipment, this makes early game somewhat hard - you just need to be careful and avoid battles which are too costly.

If I were you jmf, I'd start a new game as normal and then copy the soldiers and equipment you have in your old game, as well as the research. (Just be sure to take off all armours before the transfer.) This will of course make your early game easier, but given Piratez nature, it shouldn't really matter that much.

Besides, early game should get a bit easier with the next release. We'll see if it really is. :)
Sorry to say but: how do i copy my soldiers & gear? (i'm a noob)
also  Rince Wind was right, bombs are good, but since gals are weak i still have to get bit closer to use them, oh well  spamming SMG has worked fine to me (i use a lot ot ammo but at least i can gather more stuff)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 09, 2015, 07:43:48 pm »
Sorry to say but: how do i copy my soldiers & gear? (i'm a noob)

1. First, remove all armour from all soldiers in a base (I assume you only have one base), unload all equipment from planes and sell all planes to make sure nothing goes wrong; save and quit.
2. Start a new game in Piratez Extended. Complete one research to make sure you have the section, save and quit.
3. Then open both .sav files in any half-decent text editor, like EditPad or Notepad++ (after making a backup of both, of course). Replace the relevant sections of the Piratez Extended save with content from the old save. It would be:
Code: [Select]
bases:
  - soldiers:
    items:
discovered:

Make sure that you keep the same number of spaces in indentations, because YAML is very fragile in this regard.
4. Load the doctored save in Piratez to see if it works.
5. Don't panic when it crashes, just fix your errors. :P

also  Rince Wind was right, bombs are good, but since gals are weak i still have to get bit closer to use them, oh well  spamming SMG has worked fine to me (i use a lot ot ammo but at least i can gather more stuff)

That's interesting, I haven't really thought of SMGs as default weapons, though I do use them. That's yet another proof of how many tactics are viable in this mod. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #597 on: September 09, 2015, 08:14:29 pm »
If you want to copy not only the soldiers, but also gear & research, it's better to simply load your save into Extended; copying non-existant research might cause trouble. It is advised to have a lot of cash at hand, though (eg. you'd need to build a Still to manufacture any alcohol) :)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #598 on: September 09, 2015, 08:23:23 pm »
Molotovs for unarmoured types for quick morale kills (panics/berserks) and Black Powder Bombs for armoured. Usually use stronger gals to snipe/flank armoured units, and weak/fast gals for melee unarmoured (to loot their guns for free pewpews). The runtiest of gals I use to collect gear/bodies and/or toss ammo/bombs to frontline gals to maintain pressure.

If I ever ran into trouble, I usually had a primed smoke grenade and just drop it and try to run gal out of sight.

However, tactics change once I get Smokey Suits; then I just take my time and smoke everything and swarm targets with Fistycuffs/Cattle Prods.

Another fun tactic is I usually put my high reaction gals in armour with high NV and let them take potshots at enemies wandering in the dark.

Strategy layer: Heavily depends on what factions you get; the earlier you get Church, the better. Mercs is good too but they can be a huge struggle early-game. I seem to switch research trees between better ships (especially craft weapons!) or better armour; you can always rely on salvaged weapons/utilizing weapons from dead enemies. However, any of the "custom" weapons are generally really good research topics. 3-5 Brainers per topic, depending on the space.

edit: This is all mostly from v0.92 X-PirateZ. :P

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 10, 2015, 04:00:34 am »
1. First, remove all armour from all soldiers in a base (I assume you only have one base), unload all equipment from planes and sell all planes to make sure nothing goes wrong; save and quit.
2. Start a new game in Piratez Extended. Complete one research to make sure you have the section, save and quit.
3. Then open both .sav files in any half-decent text editor, like EditPad or Notepad++ (after making a backup of both, of course). Replace the relevant sections of the Piratez Extended save with content from the old save. It would be:
Code: [Select]
bases:
  - soldiers:
    items:
discovered:

Make sure that you keep the same number of spaces in indentations, because YAML is very fragile in this regard.
4. Load the doctored save in Piratez to see if it works.
5. Don't panic when it crashes, just fix your errors. :P

That's interesting, I haven't really thought of SMGs as default weapons, though I do use them. That's yet another proof of how many tactics are viable in this mod. :)
i will try, i hope it works in my my game with 4 months into in extended