aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577309 times)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.93 - 19 Aug - Sectoids!
« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2015, 07:49:15 pm »
So the armors will show hairstyles? Is that what you meant?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #571 on: August 31, 2015, 12:32:43 am »
I mean I'll be using this version I've made, based on Roxis' older work, with no-helmet, faceplate-on. Hard to really choose, mix and match with how many paperdolls I have to make now... Customization simply takes too much work.

Also, some eye candy...

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #572 on: September 01, 2015, 08:51:04 am »
Nice, it's much more detailed, is that a new design for the gym suit or a new thing?

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 01, 2015, 09:31:05 am »
I mean I'll be using this version I've made, based on Roxis' older work, with no-helmet, faceplate-on. Hard to really choose, mix and match with how many paperdolls I have to make now... Customization simply takes too much work.

Also, some eye candy...

Very-very nice!

A question: what do you think about specialized pistol holster slot for gal`s inventory(with low asses TU costs)? It will free a bit space on belt (or not ^__^). I saw somewhere here mod, successfully implementing tose.

upd: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/quick-draw-hip-slot there, found it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:46:39 am by LexThorn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #574 on: September 03, 2015, 06:09:48 pm »
Nice, it's much more detailed, is that a new design for the gym suit or a new thing?

It's an upgrade of the Gym Suit: higher tech, better buffs, more embarrassing :)

A question: what do you think about specialized pistol holster slot for gal`s inventory(with low asses TU costs)? It will free a bit space on belt (or not ^__^). I saw somewhere here mod, successfully implementing tose.

I have mixed feelings about this, but there is much popular support, so I'll probably do that.

In other news: what happens when you hit 7 consecutive Excavators... This is after 2.5 MONTHS of smelting the iron ore :) Also, Wolf Nazis.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 04, 2015, 03:45:37 pm »
It's an upgrade of the Gym Suit: higher tech, better buffs, more embarrassing :)

Hmm....... Are we getting new line of "embarrassing" armors that will end with some sort of triple-forcefielded flying micro-bikini? ^____________^

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #576 on: September 04, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »
1. These outfits increase Stamina, energy recovery, and (slightly) things like VooDoo or Bravery, but will never give you ANY protection. Oh yeah they do give resistance to the 'secret damage type', eg. the one Cyclops are using to destroy armor :). As for actual armors, you already have Force Belt which is standard short-on-clothing, adequate-on-pockets'n'holsters outfit + Force belt, and the advanced, flying Blitz armor, which is somewhat skimpy but does add chest, abdomen and face protection beneath the forcefield.
2. Yeah the next level after the swimsuit will be a bikini, but why stop there? :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 04, 2015, 05:38:58 pm »
Also, some eye candy...

More bikini civilians! Let's hope the rookies don't get too distracted by them :D

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 04, 2015, 06:24:00 pm »
1. These outfits increase Stamina, energy recovery, and (slightly) things like VooDoo or Bravery, but will never give you ANY protection. Oh yeah they do give resistance to the 'secret damage type', eg. the one Cyclops are using to destroy armor :). As for actual armors, you already have Force Belt which is standard short-on-clothing, adequate-on-pockets'n'holsters outfit + Force belt, and the advanced, flying Blitz armor, which is somewhat skimpy but does add chest, abdomen and face protection beneath the forcefield.
2. Yeah the next level after the swimsuit will be a bikini, but why stop there? :)

Wow! I will wait with impatience. It seems that we are waiting for a few more of pixel eroticism from Dioxine-sama ^__^

Offline Soyden

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 05, 2015, 03:30:18 am »
Hi, I made an account for here to tell you how much I enjoy this mod. Its been one those rides where every time I think its time to fire the brainers because I'm outta stuff to research, I end up running into a new faction to knock down and loot, getting more information that shows what is going on in the world. Its really cool how the world you created for this mod fits so well with the X-com mechanics.
Thanks for the awesome new way to play X-com.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #580 on: September 06, 2015, 07:23:55 pm »
Thank you, I'm very happy to hear that :)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 06, 2015, 11:05:14 pm »
Hi, I am one of those that started playing because of Boltguns AAR. And I have to say it is great, I am having a lot of fun, I like the humor and the world building. (among other things)

Now I ran into a problem: I startet a new Iron Man game in the current version, and in a Terror Mission the game just closes during the 1st enemy turn. I tried moving my gals differently, even left the ship on the 1st turn. But the 2nd or 3rd enemy seems to cause the crash.

I attached the save and the log file, hope it helps.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #582 on: September 07, 2015, 10:27:25 am »
Did you using a unpatched version of UFO enemy defense by any chance?

I first tried to use a fully patched version and I crashed all the time. I had to use a completely vanilla and bug ridden version.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:30:49 am by Boltgun »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #583 on: September 07, 2015, 11:36:45 am »
This is a map problem. Very rarely, a random Pogrom map may cause crashes due to enemy units trying to do something forbidden. All of these maps are authored by Hobbes, so I can reccomend updating all maps to his newest edition ( https://www.openxcom.com/mod/ufo-redux - a very good mod too, a little in the Conspiracy Theory vein); however, this may cause other errors.

As for the situation at hand, well, I won't try to sugarcoat it. Since you're Ironman, you're f**ked. You can try doctoring the save by adding stun level to enemy units until the culprit is disabled and cannot cause trouble. This is the only way out afaik (except escaping the battle). You might also try to kill the culprit, but he's too far and too well holed-up for it to be possible with your weapons (red building behind the petrol station, if that's indeed him - maybe if you've opened the way with a couple of Panzerfausts, and finished him off with the GL...).

In my experience, Pogrom crash of that kind happens maybe once in 50 Pogroms, but I still recommend self-enforced Ironman, saving just before every landing - just in case of a map crash. If a crash happens, reload and land again (have Savescumming enabled so a random seed is used and a different map is generated - both to avoid crash and to play fair :) )

Also I'll take the liberty to present the new inventory system, using one of your fine warriors as an example :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:49:42 am by Dioxine »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 07, 2015, 01:12:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I'll try to doctor the save. Or is there a way to open some kind of debug mode? What program do I need to open the save? If that won't work I'll just withdraw.

Self enforced ironman...unfortunately I am to weakwilled to do that, if one of my favourites dies I'd be too tempted to reload. :D