aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609992 times)

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L1A1 - 9 Apr - Aurora Nights 2
« Reply #7665 on: May 07, 2020, 08:37:30 pm »
So what should I to do with them at all? Build anti-air facilities? But they are already spamming every 3-4 days so no chance to build any, and my best interceptor is a predator which cant start airbattle( I suppose not fast enough).

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: May 07, 2020, 08:49:29 pm »
Pretty sure you get at least a month of warning before the missiles start flying on non Jack Sparrow(don't know what to say that'll help now though)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: May 08, 2020, 11:11:43 am »
Are you playing on Jack Sparrow, otherwise they should come late enough so that you should have the capabilities to do just fine.

..and for JackSparrow ?
how is the player supposed to deal with the missiles attacks, on such hard level ?

(im playing at the JackSparr.difficulty just now, started new game on L1A1)
btw. still i dont know to decide, if i still wait to ANOTHER version (L1A2++, or L2 - when is the release roughly estimated? ), or if i start now and immediately

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: May 08, 2020, 12:55:33 pm »
You don't need to start a new game if an update comes out.

If you're playing on JS the recommended strat is burrow spam.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: May 08, 2020, 02:03:56 pm »
Jack Sparrow is not meant to be balanced anyway.

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: May 09, 2020, 02:41:33 pm »
Well, I dealt with it by building predators with 2 engine upgrades and gauss cannons, but I barelly got it in time(had 1 week save before missile spam started). I wasnt prepare at all and I dont think I was THAT ignorant to any warnings, and there was 0 about I should prepare for such a rape. I think it will be better if player was warned what exactly he will await( missile speed\damage capacity) at least 2 month before it all starting. And even if I choosed "fair" way and lost my main base - old lab will go away with it too - what is really big loss at the moment.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7671 on: May 09, 2020, 04:03:35 pm »
There are some changes in the upcoming version, mostly a clearer warning at the beginning of a JS campaign.

xcomfan

« Reply #7672 on: May 11, 2020, 03:06:34 pm »
I noticed that bounty missions does not seems to have the same spawing rate; seems the ones from mutant alliance are more frequente, than jack and lastly goblin zaxx. May have all an equalhance in next version or it is supposed?

Also, pruple text used in mostly bootypedia articles is kinda unfreindly on the eyes, may we have another one? Even an option to change it would be ultracool :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: May 12, 2020, 02:16:21 am »
I noticed that bounty missions does not seems to have the same spawing rate; seems the ones from mutant alliance are more frequente, than jack and lastly goblin zaxx. May have all an equalhance in next version or it is supposed?

Also, pruple text used in mostly bootypedia articles is kinda unfreindly on the eyes, may we have another one? Even an option to change it would be ultracool :)

Bounties are approximately equal chance, same number of encounters per tier for each customer, with mostly equal chances. RNG decides what you get in practice.

Pedia entries are hand made, so if you want to go back and edit every single one of thousands of pages, feel free. That said the upcoming version has changes to some parts of the pedia, maybe it will be more to your taste.

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: May 12, 2020, 02:41:10 am »
had two games that went on for 4years and then in both the game I get a star god/mercenary hideout attack that i cant repel.

Is there some tricks to avoid/counter the end game stuff.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: May 12, 2020, 03:06:01 am »
Be ready for it, seriously. On any diff other than JS the bad stuff comes after you'll have a prayer of dealing with it. 4 years is. plenty of time to get a few gals with spiked maces(not serious about that, you need other stuff too) lol.

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: May 12, 2020, 03:46:28 am »
Be ready for it, seriously. On any diff other than JS the bad stuff comes after you'll have a prayer of dealing with it. 4 years is. plenty of time to get a few gals with spiked maces(not serious about that, you need other stuff too) lol.

In both cases there were hovertanks and the mercs had at least 20 soliders. I cant even outgun them with RPGS xD

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: May 12, 2020, 07:38:16 am »
Notice the enemy gets hover tank when they attack your hideout, are you allowed to use tanks or cars in defence as well?

And is there a transport to transport them?

xcomfan

« Reply #7678 on: May 12, 2020, 09:20:27 am »
Bounties are approximately equal chance, same number of encounters per tier for each customer, with mostly equal chances. RNG decides what you get in practice.

oh, some rng asjustment might be needed to ensure more variety, or pheraphs i'm unlucky, dont know

Pedia entries are hand made, so if you want to go back and edit every single one of thousands of pages, feel free. That said the upcoming version has changes to some parts of the pedia, maybe it will be more to your taste.

Ok gonna live with that, thanks :)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: May 12, 2020, 12:10:02 pm »
had two games that went on for 4years and then in both the game I get a star god/mercenary hideout attack that i cant repel.

Is there some tricks to avoid/counter the end game stuff.

After 4 ingame years you should be plenty ready for mercs, and even star gods. Mercs don't like getting shot by lasers, so if you use mostly piercing weapons and hope that it works against every foe you are out of luck. You have to use different weapons for different enemies.
Both fall to the usual as well: melee. I clear entire merc ships in a turn or two by using a gal in furiosa armor with a blood axe (red codex), while the rest of the gang kills the ones that are flying.

Hovertanks and Sectopods have blue shields that you need to get rid off before you can properly damage them. Try using an arena flak cannon, it can strip the shields in one auto shot. After that something like a portable lascannon (which is a bit hard to use, admittedly) can kill them, but lighter weapons like heavy lasers work as well. If all else fails use weapons that strip armor first, like deathblossoms loaded with chem ammo or chain guns. Sectopods have pretty good reactions though, and usually don't move much. They can kill a gal in annihilator armor in one shot if you are unlucky.
If you have your own hovertanks or XECs with lasers/gauss it is not even fair anymore.

If you are still using RPGs after 4 years you seriously neglected your research.

I am in 2605, but for most of the last 1 1/2 years I've been waiting for star gods with a higher pay grade than novice to capture and go on. I wish they would attack me (at least in my main base, the others might survive as well, but they'd probably have troubles capturing them).
Haven't managed to bring a silver towers down, because my Metallo is too slow. And three other craft (2 Sabres with meteor missiles and laser/gauss and a devastator with 3 meteor and an implosion launcher) were not enough.