aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3690797 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6240 on: October 24, 2018, 04:28:15 pm »
Semantics. Apolitical means free from political activism (signing under banners of this or that group), not free of political thought which is impossible. Reduction at absurdum is understandably fun, but not very constructive.

Offline stvip

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6241 on: October 25, 2018, 06:35:51 am »
What is this discussion?  I thought we were all agreed that Dioxine is a rabid anti-feline and the whole point of this mod was to encourage others to consummate his twisted cat-torture obsessions?

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: October 25, 2018, 08:46:23 am »
The constitution says nothing about hitting cat girls with baseball bats and i will continue doing that gash darn it.

In actual news i got barrel bombs and im using them willy nilly whenever im in a bad spot or even pogroms and they dont fail to dissapoint me as of yet.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: October 25, 2018, 11:50:16 am »
Barrel bombs truly shine on missions from Jack where you have to defend fort against Deep Ones. One barrel on each side and you pretty much won already.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: October 25, 2018, 11:55:52 am »
Nuke mortars work for that mission too, apparently they don't mind if the fortress has some big holes in it when you're done.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: October 25, 2018, 12:38:22 pm »
The nuke is a bit of an overkill and tends to blow up loot. Same with a barrel bomb. The humble gas grenades are sufficient for that mission and generally great everytime you face deep ones.

Offline Hadza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: October 25, 2018, 12:53:45 pm »
Nuke mortars work for that mission too, apparently they don't mind if the fortress has some big holes in it when you're done.

Just use gas mortars, their huge blast range guarantees about 10 kills per shot. Haven't tried a grenade yet though.

One other thing to note, I've seen someone mention that prismatic shields drop from ninja seekers, but how would I get one to land? Every time (about 4 times) I've tried downing one, it always exploded even when I tried finishing it off with a charger laser (6 dmg, lowest in game).

Also, ironically, ninja'd

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: October 25, 2018, 07:05:38 pm »
With recent update it's much easier to get them down. Unfortunately they are not 100% to go down and prefer to get blown up

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: October 25, 2018, 11:44:35 pm »
Seriously, Impaler is too strong.
No sense for other stunning stuff. 0.03*VP^2.
Why would I use stunning bombs and microlauncher if there is an Impaler with unlimited ammo, Low energy cost and tremendous 200% accuracy for a shot which totally ignores any type of the armor?

By the time for microlauncher to be decoded there's 2-3 Impalers in the inventory.
And thats for the all compaigns I've started.

Even in Iron man mode (Hard difficulty).
I have lost in the battles about 300 gals, every battle was pretty a challenge.
First impaler? 10 gal loses by the same amount of time.
Harbinger Gal with an Impaler? A Rembo that stifles a squad of Marsec Bodyguards solo.
There is no challenge no more.

Impaler sell price? 30000 or whatever it is? Seriously? It should be a rarity with sell cost of 20 millions.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:57:33 pm by Abyss »

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: October 26, 2018, 12:02:14 am »
Sure gas is nice and all, and it works great, but it's nowhere near as satisfying as the epic kaboom that wrecks half the map in one shot  ;D

@Abyss  The great thing about a single player game is that you can do whatever you want, if you think a piece of equipment is too good, or too bad, or ugly, or whatever, just don't use it.  You can solve your own problem in this case.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:20:26 am by Zippicus »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6250 on: October 26, 2018, 12:22:48 am »
Well it is a legitimate problem; the Impaler still has no ultimate place in the game's balance. For now it is bundled in Love Ships along other similar endgame weapons. What I can do for now is to push Love Ships up the tech tree.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: October 26, 2018, 12:56:46 am »
Well it is a legitimate problem; the Impaler still has no ultimate place in the game's balance. For now it is bundled in Love Ships along other similar endgame weapons. What I can do for now is to push Love Ships up the tech tree.

Nerfing the Impaler would be a problem? As a hellish thing:
- making it consuming more energy (e.g. one shot for the turn),
- seriously reducing morals per shot and constantly, but slightly reducing morals per turn while in inventory
will be making it more challenging to use, I guess

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6252 on: October 26, 2018, 03:56:50 am »
Does it really need nerfing tho, being a strictly endgame thing? But these morale nerfs would make it more climatic, I guess...

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: October 26, 2018, 04:48:58 am »
RIP best friend impaler   ;)

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: October 26, 2018, 06:01:09 am »
Does it really need nerfing tho, being a strictly endgame thing? But these morale nerfs would make it more climatic, I guess...

I see your point. Can I consider it a legal cheat?
Morale nerfs of course will make it more restricted-usage weapon, but in the other hand - why indeed would it be a Star-God-battering-weapon? Is it a technology that surpasses Star God magic? Is it unknown to them?
What is the history of that weapon? Should be there some blood magic lock that makes it useless until the specific research?

From the player point of view it looks like: in the serious base mid-game defense you have to equip 15-25 dogs with activated explosive satchels (e.g. marsec strike or mercenaries strike with plasma/gauss weapons). And most of them move on a suicide. But the single Impaler-gal eliminates half of the attackers. Usually takes 1-2, rarely 3 shots.
It is the equvalent of the power hidden in this spear, IMHO. Lost expeditions, thousands of MIA, legends of supreme Voodoo.