Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3686379 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6270 on: October 27, 2018, 04:47:29 am »
Game statistics:
J3/J4: 7-9 MT missions - got 2 or 3 impalers
J6: 6-7 MT missions - got 2 impalers
J7 IM: 2 MT missions (btw these missions seriously lag in this version) - 1 impaler. +3 from PSoL.

Well cool; after checking more closely, the chance of obtaining an Impaler in that mission is actually closer to 5% than 1%.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: October 27, 2018, 05:59:39 am »
Unless you're save scumming like crazy or some mod you're using is modifying the loot drops.
Nope. It is pointless for a savescum to convince the mod developer to nerf the imbalanced weapon that helps to oneshot, see? 
Try the iron man, it makes the game completely different, immersing you into the survival thriller with the  wicked world)

A little more suggestions:
I used the tactics of kidnapping raids on enemy bases (2-3 enemies and goodbye) but no one punished me for that. I mean, I know that score is already lost, but the missions were successful for me. After 3-4 base raids in the single month still no crackdowns.

Weird little enemies that have no hellerium addiction - can I propose they should slowly die in the base's lower level? 

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: October 27, 2018, 08:19:34 am »
Nope. It is pointless for a savescum to convince the mod developer to nerf the imbalanced weapon that helps to oneshot, see? 
Try the iron man, it makes the game completely different, immersing you into the survival thriller with the  wicked world)

I used the tactics of kidnapping raids on enemy bases (2-3 enemies and goodbye) but no one punished me for that. I mean, I know that score is already lost, but the missions were successful for me. After 3-4 base raids in the single month still no crackdowns.

Weird little enemies that have no hellerium addiction - can I propose they should slowly die in the base's lower level?

You should probably stick to the honor system rather than enabling iron man, most of the time the game works fine but occasionally bugs pop up and being able to provide a save game helps squish those bugs.  And even at 5% drop rate those numbers are still pretty skewed, you're looking at doing those towers in double digit numbers to achieve those rates.  I normally only see those mysterious tower missions pop up a few times per game.  Are you farming missions for in game years or something ?  There's nothing wrong with doing that, play however you want, just trying to make sense as to how you're finding so many of those things when no matter where they come from they're rare.  That aside, you can substitute any number of weapons for impalers and make the same argument you're making so I'm not sure why you're so fixated on them, everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: October 27, 2018, 10:55:26 am »
most of the time the game works fine but occasionally bugs pop

The game was 100% (300+ hrs of gameplay through the versions) stable through previous gameplay with the savegames.
So... I decided to make a move forward. Through total 150+ hours of gameplay in IM there was just one bug that crashed the game (Magic girl kill led to a non-responding interface), and it occurs in the IM (thank you mr. Murphy). Stoddard saved me that time, enabling the interface. Thank you again Stoddard:)
So yeah, you are right. Also, you were the one who agitated for the same change back then in the Bugs&Crashes Report thread.
But amazing atmosphere dissolves knowing that you can reverse any mistake. Sorry, I really cannot do this no more, it is like a drug. Not trolling you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:03:21 am by Abyss »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6274 on: October 27, 2018, 12:28:34 pm »

Neither is doable in any way I know on the OXC engine. And the second one would be contrary to the lore, it is not toxic in that way. And if it was - well, why add sewers in the first place then, lol :)

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #6275 on: October 27, 2018, 07:42:46 pm »
Game statistics:
J3/J4: 7-9 MT missions - got 2 or 3 impalers
J6: 6-7 MT missions - got 2 impalers
J7 IM: 2 MT missions (btw these missions seriously lag in this version) - 1 impaler. +3 from PSoL.

whats are J3, Jx, and "MT"
?
and "PSoL"

(i dont know means of these ..shortcuts
(acronyms

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: October 27, 2018, 08:28:22 pm »
whats are J3, Jx, and "MT"
?
and "PSoL"
From the context it's:

Jx = Game version (0.99J8)
MT = Mysterious Tower mission
PSoL = Pink Ship of Love vessel
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:33:38 am by cc »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6277 on: October 27, 2018, 09:00:45 pm »
~~ ^^  thx.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:05:20 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: October 28, 2018, 10:59:42 pm »
Upgraded, first mission is padlocks of chaos. I go there with the usual team: gals and a tank.
The Lock is in her underwear, damn. Try around with using another craft, with unequipping and reequipping, nothing works. I wait for the next thing, which is some landing ship, go there and it works.
At this point of time it dawns on me that tanks might not be allowed anymore and I look in the what to wear list.
So - no more tanks for padlock of chaos. :(

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6280 on: October 29, 2018, 02:25:32 am »
At least you got to see your Lokk in an underwear, irate about her tank suddenly disappearing.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: October 29, 2018, 12:37:46 pm »
So - no more tanks for padlock of chaos. :(

Damn shame, that is a mission where heavy weapons are much needed. You can still do with rocket launchers, mortars, lascannons, fairy dragon etc. but these are less convinient.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: October 29, 2018, 06:37:56 pm »
Yes, but after bringing only 2 out of 13 home without injuries on my first try this one worked way better. The two new Juggernaut Armors certainly helped (one got injured by the 2nd stage of a zombie trooper, but their weapons were useless). Most gals can go out again right away, 3 that will be in the sickbay for 1-3 days and two that need a bit more time. I got really lucky when a vamp missed three hits against my weakest gal though.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6283 on: October 29, 2018, 07:48:02 pm »
:S ..so, in some mission there are unavalaible tanks? ?

(and which ones - those new "wearable tanks", or classical tanks
?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: October 29, 2018, 08:49:48 pm »
The wearable tank is not in the list of allowed outfits.