aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3671111 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6210 on: October 22, 2018, 08:01:33 am »
well to be fair a bad clear of a freelance pogrom is probably worse the the mere 100.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6211 on: October 22, 2018, 09:15:09 am »
Still even if you screw up a bandits pogrom with the sheer amount of enemies you should be able to not go down to negative score even if you lose all civilians

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6212 on: October 22, 2018, 10:11:02 am »
Still even if you screw up a bandits pogrom with the sheer amount of enemies you should be able to not go down to negative score even if you lose all civilians

12 civvies on average, -1200, less kills/captures at like 10-20 a pop. If the loots bad you wont break even without saving some civvies.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: October 22, 2018, 11:09:28 am »
The loot alone can be woth the negative score, some crucial items might be hard to come by otherwise.

Offline Slax

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: October 22, 2018, 05:40:15 pm »
So now Megapol units
Spoiler:
spawn with plasma weapons?
I was going nonchalantly to try to capture some Wolfmen for slaving, when they fired at me. Luckly they missed and my gal was with an Assault Marine Armor.
I like the challenge and the new loot.

Aw, man. I thought that happened due to progression.

Spoiler:
"We're losing A LOT of beast cops out there. Maybe we should... you know, retire the old revolvers?"
Dang.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: October 22, 2018, 08:00:47 pm »
I saw a "Hidden/covert enemy tactics" option in the menu. What does that make?   
and opposite, is there any chance to make enemy more agressive/attacky so they wont just patrol the field but will also try to assault the ship of the pirates?

And one very naive question, is there possibility to make neural network script for the types of the enemies so they will improve their behavior over the time during the progress?   

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: October 22, 2018, 09:53:11 pm »
I saw a "Hidden/covert enemy tactics" option in the menu. What does that make?   
and opposite, is there any chance to make enemy more agressive/attacky so they wont just patrol the field but will also try to assault the ship of the pirates?

And one very naive question, is there possibility to make neural network script for the types of the enemies so they will improve their behavior over the time during the progress?

The option for "sneaky" AI makes them more prone to using cover and trying to ambush you based on your last know position. Any setting to make the enemy more aggressive is not exposed to the player.

No the engine is pretty basic as far as what the AI does. Its a bunch/list of IF X then do Y statements. The modders can alter some of the values those statements use to assess with but that's pretty much it.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: October 23, 2018, 12:14:28 am »
What's the "best result"  of handling Dr. X? I followed every path except corruption. Couldn't turn her into vampire because of the lack of blood, but is the opposite better? (not hire).

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: October 23, 2018, 03:01:04 am »
I asked that same question months ago.  I think "prank" gets you the most out of Dr. X.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6219 on: October 23, 2018, 03:13:39 am »
I asked that same question months ago.  I think "prank" gets you the most out of Dr. X.

It's also the most romantic route, at least that's how I feel. :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: October 23, 2018, 06:08:52 am »
As is prank path is the most rewarding. Although the vampire is quite powerful if you get the arc that far in the first 2-3 years of play, as she the single most powerful unit with the seduction power. Really strong at getting safe captures, and certainly safer to risk since you can rez her.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: October 23, 2018, 09:24:36 am »
Thanks, I thought as such. Anyway another problem that bothers me.  I need Merc Engineer for better armor - probably power armor that can go to space, however I haven't seen mercs for quite a while and I can't "hire" one. Are they gone after researching Contact: Mercs?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: October 23, 2018, 12:37:36 pm »
No, mercs are always around whether you can contract them or not; after all, they have clients other than you.  It's just a matter of RNG; they'll go on a contract mission or hideout construction mission eventually, even if eventually might mean as long as a few years.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: October 23, 2018, 03:23:11 pm »
The thought was, that the Pogrom semantics lead us mostly to the anti-jewish insurrections throughout the history. That could be sensitive.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: October 23, 2018, 03:36:49 pm »
The thought was, that the Pogrom semantics lead us mostly to the anti-jewish insurrections throughout the history. That could be sensitive.

I wouldn't go that far. Only Humanists conduct pogroms for their ideology. Mercs, Spartans and Bandits do it for money and Star Gods do it to punish our band of Pirate Gals for their deeds. Everyone do it for target pratice becouse they ecounter little to no ressistance without our help.