Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3685434 times)

Offline Serpentium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J5 - 16 Aug - Hunter, Hunted?
« Reply #5910 on: August 20, 2018, 05:42:55 pm »
Honestly, can't really blame how unrealistic Wakanda is in the movie. This is marvel we are talking about; where 50% of the universe's inhabitants can be snuffed out with the snap of a finger and giant cosmic demigods devour whole planets.

I guess if they departed just a bit from the Black Panther lore from the comic books, they could have made a better movie.  :P

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: August 20, 2018, 05:46:35 pm »
The problem is that the formula works less and less. There is stuff happening, people fight for whatever reason, and at the end there is a huge fight with lots of CGI and little to no suspension. In Infinity War that last fight was the most boring bit. And the other fights weren't much better. Not as bad as Ultron though, which for me is the worst of the newer MCU movies.
They need to shake it up a bit.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: August 20, 2018, 07:30:56 pm »
The gladiator transform is a substantial gain in many stats, not just melee. The "penalties" from shakeup is just lost experience, go earn some more, nothing permanent. You can undergo multiple transformations, but its up the individual transforms for the requirements. For example shakeup only works on "hand" class type gals. So doing repentia before shakeup doesn't work but the opposite order does.

I see. Thanks for the info!

I personally think they are based on Diablo II more than anything else. :P

Never finished the game so I cannot say.

They are clearly not based on any african culture but on south american natives. Noticed those blowpipes?

It's possible. However, I went with the most common cliché, hence why I said "stereotype". The fact that the game mentions their connection with the Zombie Masters (and thus Vodoo) and their cannibal tendencies reinforces it.

*angry rant*

Wow, overreacting much? How the hell did you conclude that I'm a possible supremacist? Is it bad to poke fun to a new unit in a game filled with politically incorrect stuff?  Also, for your information, I haven't played the new version enough to access this new Gladiator transformation (or the other ones to begin, I was waiting for a new version to start over). I  only saw the new 'pedia description by using the random battle generator since I was curious about this new unit, but the entry only tells the prerequisites, not the advantages upon completion, hence why I asked.

If the Wakanda mention is what offended you, I was joking.

This game doesn't take itself too seriously after all.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: August 21, 2018, 01:38:33 am »
Wow, overreacting much? How the hell did you conclude that I'm a possible supremacist?

When it quacks like a duck... 8)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5914 on: August 21, 2018, 01:56:49 am »
Angry? Hardly. Why people constantly think I am angry, while the actual feeling is disgust and an impulse to bring the light of reason to where only chaos and dark superstition reigns.

But yeah, if you're offended that I took your words at face value, you must excuse me - for me, you're just one of dozens of anynymous faces here, and I have no means of telling if you joke or not. If you're not a nutcase, good for you, but if you were, you would hardly be the only one OR the worst...

Honestly, can't really blame how unrealistic Wakanda is in the movie.

I don't have a problem with any lack of realism; it is of course overblown as this is a mythical story. It only makes it all clearer what it is - and it is nothing nice.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:03:30 am by Dioxine »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: August 21, 2018, 01:44:51 pm »
What does "only the best performing mission counts" mean in the Bullet Magnet condemnation? Only missions with a certain minimum amount of attacks?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: August 21, 2018, 03:02:03 pm »
In the case of bullet magnet it means only the single mission in which a gal got hit the most counts.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: August 21, 2018, 03:48:33 pm »
So to "improve" she would need to get hit more in another mission? Good to know, thanks.

niculinux

« Reply #5918 on: August 21, 2018, 08:37:23 pm »
Some news fomr 0.99.J5  :D i n this version seems muskets are really inaccurate, plus even startin civilian enemies (academy included) seems more resistant! Havin very big trouble as it if not were enough for the game itself, i am not even able to win the first crackdown!!
Demotivational save attached

ah should really stop playing thi torture game !!   :'(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5919 on: August 21, 2018, 09:14:04 pm »
You're hallucinating again. Neither muskets nor civilians have been changed for a long, long time.

niculinux

« Reply #5920 on: August 21, 2018, 10:01:26 pm »
You're hallucinating again. Neither muskets nor civilians have been changed for a long, long time.

ok thanks so my gals really suck at fighting then :) yes paying more attention to their statistics..

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: August 22, 2018, 11:10:47 pm »
It is intended that Topless does not consider current stun level when calculating energy recovering?

EDIT

On the same line...

Gravity Harness give you more stun recovery actually, bootypedia says that it should add stun, not recovery it.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:24:08 pm by ajnunezr »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: August 23, 2018, 01:59:40 am »
Im at 25th Apr 2604, and still havent found a Single Aqua Arrows Quiver, even though Ive done multiply of each Pyramid of Pain, Hell Cruise, They Came From the Sea, and the like.
Im locked out of Aqua Bullets, Extra Cannon Munitions (and damn do I love Autocannons, wish we had a gyro-stabilized one), and ultimately XG weapon line. Underwater missions were also a massive pain until I got Heat Rays, not sure if that Auto-Harpoon locked behind the quiver would made a difference. (Actually not sure if Heat Rays are meant to go underwater either, they really help with vision there.)
Is it just a case of bad RNG? Havent found any Sonic rifles on Hell Cruises either, but its no big deal.
Its not as severe a problem as one with elusive wrench someone else had, but may be add Aquaplastic weapons topics, including Aqua Quiver, to Deep One warrior/nomad research?
Also may be add Aqua Plastic Extraction recipes for Aqua Hatches, Tridents and the like.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: August 23, 2018, 11:48:23 am »
I'd second that. I assume that tying that whole research line to arrows is to show the brainers that Aqua Plastics can be weaponized. But then again, doesn't the trident or the hatchet show that as well? Heck, even the coral crossbow bolts (I'd assume they're AqP-tipped as well) should work.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5924 on: August 23, 2018, 05:47:35 pm »
It is intended that Topless does not consider current stun level when calculating energy recovering?

EDIT

On the same line...

Gravity Harness give you more stun recovery actually, bootypedia says that it should add stun, not recovery it.

Thank you, both fixed.

Im locked out of Aqua Bullets, Extra Cannon Munitions (and damn do I love Autocannons, wish we had a gyro-stabilized one), and ultimately XG weapon line. Underwater missions were also a massive pain until I got Heat Rays, not sure if that Auto-Harpoon locked behind the quiver would made a difference. (Actually not sure if Heat Rays are meant to go underwater either, they really help with vision there.)

Locked out, so what? You do have Heat Rays, for example, so it doesn't sound like you're too hampered, weapon wise. You won't claim the mod has a shortage of weapons, would you? :)
Unless it locks out key technologies, like Higher Studies, then say so, because that'd be a legitimate omission.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:50:49 pm by Dioxine »