Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609965 times)

Offline alcatraz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J5 - 16 Aug - Hunter, Hunted?
« Reply #5925 on: August 25, 2018, 10:48:09 am »
So I loaded up the newest version for a new campaign, and discovered that the weapon descriptions have gone from crisp blue on deep red and black, to light brown poo on dark brown poo, presumably via the new and very funny Anal button which I now have to press to get basic information that used to be on the first page.

I can't do much about the unwanted anal, but is there any way I can adjust the colors?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: August 25, 2018, 02:17:26 pm »
So I loaded up the newest version for a new campaign, and discovered that the weapon descriptions have gone from crisp blue on deep red and black, to light brown poo on dark brown poo, presumably via the new and very funny Anal button which I now have to press to get basic information that used to be on the first page.

I can't do much about the unwanted anal, but is there any way I can adjust the colors?

Thanks for the kind words, it is always nice when I see people recognizing all the effort that we put into our work.

1/ As for returning to original colors, you can do that by finding the following two pieces of ruleset and deleting both of them

Code: [Select]
  - type: articleItem
    elements:
      - id: button
        color: 146   # gold
      - id: text
        color: 150   # grey
      - id: list
        color: 150   # grey
        color2: 133  # light blue
      - id: ammoColor
        color: 34    # red

- type: PAL_DGOOD_NORMALPEDIA
    target: PAL_BATTLEPEDIA
    file: Resources/Pals/dgoodpal_normal_mdf.pal

2/ As for removing the INFO/ANAL button, it will be possible in the next version by adding a following line

hidePediaInfoButton: true

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: August 25, 2018, 05:59:35 pm »
Do note that the upcoming ruleset option meridian mentioned will only hide the anal button, it will not add the info migrated to that section back to the normal entry. You would have to add that info back to the affected pedia entries yourself.

Offline alcatraz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: August 26, 2018, 09:14:47 pm »
Thanks for the kind words, it is always nice when I see people recognizing all the effort that we put into our work.

Well I could have given a dispassionate criticism of the harder-to-read text and the extra clicks required for the information, but it was poo-colored with an anal button, of course I'm going to make fun of it at the same time.

Plus, I don't actually want to hide the Anal button, I still need the information on that screen.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: August 27, 2018, 01:06:33 am »
Color Scheme is mod dependent.

Info/Anal is a great tool, because it removes the bloat from the pedia article, and move back to another, easy accessible screen. But you have automatically the information about power and skill scaling in the front page, that is normally everything you want or need to know.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5930 on: August 27, 2018, 11:21:13 am »

It was added because of autists like you, so you can wank to the data all the day without me having to slave endlessly to keep the hand-written pedia entries up to date and within limited space. Also, crisp blue on red and black? What kind of shrooms were you taking.

Offline NeverAfter

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: August 27, 2018, 08:09:12 pm »
Was wondering if it might eventually be possible to set up something that would let you "autoresolve" easier more generic missions so you don't have to keep repeating the same missions so many times. Like, you bring a bandit gang or two under your control, and you can use them to resolve easier missions, but you only get a small amount of infamy and some credit chits as your cut or something.

I have no idea if the engine would allow this, but its just an idea that keeps rolling around in my head after I start to get burnt out on running so many battlescape missions, so I thought I'd at least kick it out there.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: August 27, 2018, 08:18:31 pm »
Just ignore the missions. No one expects you to do them all.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: August 27, 2018, 10:46:34 pm »
You don't really need to do maybe half of the missions or less. You can ignore missions easily. Even pogroms are ignorable to a degree. I like to try almost all the missions, but eventually the infirmary gets full, and those periods are not so critical. And those missions that get easy are good to train novices.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: August 28, 2018, 12:24:09 am »
Some early missions are still fun later in the game, like bandit town. It sort of evolves from dealing with a challenge of handling a lot of enemies on an open map to a shooting gallery where you can bring heavy weaponry and enjoy the carnage, while farming multi-kill condemnations and stuff.

And then there are missions like the red barn and bandit caves. No fun at all.

And those missions that get easy are good to train novices.
The last patches helped a lot. Namely, shakeup and gladiatorial training. Huge thanks to Dioxine for reducing the need to grind rookies.

KZad Bhat

Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J5 - 16 Aug - Hunter, Hunted?
« Reply #5935 on: August 28, 2018, 09:25:08 am »
Easy missions are also a good testing ground for weapons you haven't used yet, to see how they work. That way if they're not as worthwhile as they first seemed, you're not at a loss getting a few gals rearmed while the others mop up.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: August 29, 2018, 12:21:09 am »
Anyone ever uses Super Sawed-Off? Its almost twice as heavy as default one, ammo eats up just as many slots, is slower to fire, and is behind Cougar SMG in research.
With new shotgun accuracy shotguns became actually playable, and Sawed-off was my go-to for quickdraw slot early on. Yet the upgraded one comes way too late, and doesnt offer much.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5937 on: August 29, 2018, 12:46:46 am »
and is behind Cougar SMG in research.

Woops, a bug. Should be Assault SMG, which changes quite a LOT :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: August 29, 2018, 12:47:36 am »
The super, may be slower to fire, but it does have much more effective range. Normal one starts falling off at 4 tiles, 10 accuracy per tile. Super starts at 6, with 8 per tile.

With the better mode accuracy and better falloff the super has an effective range of about 10 for autofire and 12 for snap, while getting 100% shots. The sawed on the other hand is 4 for auto, and 7 for snap.

Also super has 6 gauge ammo with 4 more damage per pellet, and 15% better spread which further improves its outer range performance. Less pellets thou.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: August 29, 2018, 01:14:35 am »
Each chem pellet permanently removes some armour, right? So, up to 16 Chem procs per Auto? Looks like Sawed-Off is actually a pretty solid choice for side arm all the way through the game.
Still, Id rather go with a basic one, just because of the speed and weight.