aliens

Author Topic: some sprite reskins  (Read 24925 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: some sprite reskins
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2022, 09:47:06 am »
Well Sir, for what it coulb be helpful, as for dshk, Google is our friend  :)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2022, 11:06:15 pm »
Really I have always been hot and bothered about the XM-312 or XM-50 machinegun which I consider probably the most advanced HMG on the planet. Its got recoil mitigation, keeping the weight low (15kg) and a slow fire rate so enemies can be pinned down for twice as long. Like an Excalibur it was too pure to be wielded by a mortal army though. Actually it would probably be classified as a Medium Machinegun since the Maxim is an MMG and technically heavier. It's also sci-fi fuel.

Edit:

Heavy Chaingun version of the HMG including a rules supplement to change the hand object to the autocannon for consistency (you only have to copy it to the ruleset folder, maybe just in the resources folder I dunno, no modifications to piratez.rul are necessary).

So its like a slow firing gatling gun firing heavy cartridges, with infernal accuracy. Hmm that must be like its a big chaingun, or its a smaller vulcan minigun that shoots slower. Sounds like a heavy machinegun to me. And because the barrels rotate making the feed mechanism is stupidly reliable, the barrels are air cooled and can be made thinner, keeping the weight at "heavy" instead of "massive".
(does not need a power supply, gas operated like russian vulcan cannons, just with a strong governor to prevent a high fire rate)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 02:35:19 am by RSSwizard »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2022, 04:55:58 pm »
Nice ones as always, buh i'd go with thinner barrels on HMG. Don't know Dioxine's plans but im happy with the current heavy rifle sprite so i would keep it  :)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2022, 10:30:04 pm »
in time for christmas
HMG reskin which doesn't need the rule patch.
Reciprocating barrel design. Inspired by the xm-312 and bits from the tornado rocket mortar.

keep in mind the heavy_rifle.gif is for the aircraft hmg, which is visually different with the top cover removed showing fiddly bits and a mount piece on the bottom.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2022, 08:34:49 pm »
I have a minigun equipped NPC armored car for a personal tweak, not sure if anyone would be interested. But in the process I came up with a cool worthwhile minigun/chaingun hand object barrel assembly that could be used for them.

(the tweak involves the armored car shooting pistol bullets at a high rate "because they're cheap" in bursts of 24 or aimed shot x8)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2022, 12:12:17 am »
handobs

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2023, 01:55:01 am »
Some new fire here, different than my modified version from years ago. I was inspired by the fallout1/2 color cycled torches that would be on cave walls sometimes. The idea is to obscure the terrain more than the original fire would but without totally carpeting the affected area. Making the fire seem more imposing and dangerous, abit more realistic. Example was a standard molotov. This version is in the unmodified xpz palette. A sample .rul file to test it will be included, just place it in the root folder of the mod along with the gfx to make it work (same folder where the metadata and splash files are).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 02:00:20 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2023, 07:51:01 pm »
modified plasma sword, the old blade looked like jello, may seem simple but I think it looks pretty menacing. Either that or lime sherbet. Bit of a '90s style I think.

edit -
And a plasma dagger along the same lones, looks alot jabby-er.
I dont have a prob with the regular plasma dagger at all, just wanted to see if I could do the same thing to it
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 12:14:52 am by RSSwizard »

Offline TBeholder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2023, 08:05:27 pm »
Please might i ask to update its post adding a version without that foregrip? I never stood those on firearms >. <  ;D :)
I’m not going to claim that rail-mounted perpendicular grips aren’t butt-ugly, but foregrip in general is a feature that’s not going away. See for example here.
Handling recoil.
Placing the hand further from parts that heat up.
Also, having a proper foregrip discourages the user from instinctively trying to use magazine as a grip (depends on placement of the magazine, of course).
It provides an added lever of control and they really help with rapid target acquisition. To the point that they are considered an assault weapon feature.
…“are considered” by whom?  ???  Surely it’s not an effect of faceless and omnipresent gravity. I have seen  mockery of the term «assault weapon» as such from “gun nut” crowd, for that matter, and inclined to agree that it’s an anti-concept, given lack of straightforward definitions.

My opinion is an angled grip like a tommygun or maybe 45 degrees, butted up against the magwell, would likely be ideal.
But if the grip is too close, wouldn’t arm sometimes push against the magazine?

Including lever action rifles, which should have a 4-6 tube carousel of ammunition able to hold 20+ rounds (check out the SRM-1216 for reference, then put it on a lever action rifle).
An interesting design.
But where it’s useful? Selectable magazines are desirable for shotguns (like side-by-side tubes of NeoStead 2000, though of course detachable is better), because there’s almost always more than one type of ammunition that can be useful. Even a hunter who only wants ducks may keep some slugs at hand, because close encounters of a nasty kind with boars happen.
While for rifles variety of rounds does exist, actually carrying several types seems unusual. I don’t see a solid niche for multi-magazine rifles unless quickly swapping variant ammunition somehow becomes a major consideration too (not that it’s implausible, but non-trivial).
Specifically for lever action, isn’t simplicity its advantage? When extra mechanisms make strong sides of the basic design meaningless, we are looking at Mateba Autorevolver tier of incongruous complexity. What’s the point, other than as a novelty?

Offline MaxMahem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2023, 06:03:32 am »
I have a minigun equipped NPC armored car for a personal tweak, not sure if anyone would be interested. But in the process I came up with a cool worthwhile minigun/chaingun hand object barrel assembly that could be used for them.

(the tweak involves the armored car shooting pistol bullets at a high rate "because they're cheap" in bursts of 24 or aimed shot x8)

I would love to see this! The concept of a Minigun-equipped armored car is very appealing to me. I'd love to have a sprite I could use to play around with various numbers for the gun to see how it plays out.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2023, 03:51:55 am »
This is a Plasma Explosion for weapons like the scorcher and hellerium grenade, baby nuke.
While it looks butt ugly up front, it looks quite beautiful and interesting during gameplay. It came about because of trying to quickly change the standard explosion to have a transitioning color spread. I wanted to give the scorcher a different hit gfx because a simple blue skull fireball without any intense white didn't feel right. And IRL nukes very quickly transition to yellow fire even though they're plasma.

It looks radioactive, probably realistic, has this "evil spell" feeling. Overall both potent and unwholesome feeling. Like a regular explosion "but there's something wrong with it".

edit:  second version removed since its in the package located in later posts
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 01:59:05 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2023, 01:14:25 am »
I would love to see this! The concept of a Minigun-equipped armored car is very appealing to me. I'd love to have a sprite I could use to play around with various numbers for the gun to see how it plays out.

oops I forgot to upload it
an armored car with a minigun instead of double machineguns

this is my code for it, which is injected into base ruleset with a file starting with the letter "a".

Code: [Select]
  - type: AUX_TANK_2MG_WEAPON
    bulletSprite: 1
    fireSound: 84   #highspeedminigun
    hitSound: 22
    hitAnimation: 106   #red dot
    hitAnimFrames: 1
    power: 23
    damageAlter:
      ArmorEffectiveness: 1.0
      ToArmorPre: 0.05
      ToStun: 0.5
    accuracyAuto: 30
    accuracyAimed: 50
    tuAuto: 38
    tuAimed: 38
    confAimed:
      name: STR_BURST
      shots: 8
    autoShots: 24
    autoRange: 15
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 01:22:40 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2023, 01:54:44 am »
New drop here and a working collection.

Replacement Blue Plasma Explosion (based on a sprite someone else did, recolored).

Brighter blue explosion (still replaces emp)

Tutti Fruity Hellerium Explosion

Laser Impact which was originally for heavy lasers but id never posted it before, impact id #36.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2023, 01:56:51 am »
continued...
these are contained in the zip file
.rul files to plug and play in xpiratez folder, enables the graphics for test or just to play it

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2023, 12:57:57 pm »
Dear RSSwizard i'd like to request you a lil' thing, plese mind if i do this publicly? Please bear with me...so since i suppose you're from US care to make a new sprite for the ol' carabine? maybe something inspired to winchester '73 an all american rifle.. what do yuo think?