Author Topic: some sprite reskins  (Read 25843 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
some sprite reskins
« on: September 02, 2022, 10:25:30 pm »
Been really busy with things and haven't updated my X-P for a good while. Dunno if there were any changes to these, but just figured id post in case anyone thought they were cool.

The govt elite soldier is actually a replacement for standard juggernaut armor, I thivkened the legs slightly and put some glint on the armor. I always felt the power armor should look darker.

The armored car has a modified turret for machineguns which looks pretty snazzy.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: some sprite reskins
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 08:56:43 pm »
some additional ones, these being hangar sprites for some crafts so that they more closely resemble their Battle scape map models. Always irked me that the swordfish (which i use alot) is dark gray but rusty red in the hangar, plus the jetbike is definitely black. Vivid purple isnt in the palette but Pink is so the turtle needed a paint job. The Scorpion should be bigger, ive always had a complaint about this, but at the least some antialiasing makes it look decent.

Cant figure out how to put these in an injection mod, they dont display, even if you dont use a reserved sprite index. So they probably have to go in the piratez folder and overwrite after you back up the originals.

Swordfish probably needs a dark black gloss paint coat but i did a pixel for pixel color remap to start with, same with the jetbike. The dark plum color range can suppliment the lack of grays in the basebits palette.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 10:42:55 pm »
oops forgot the jetbike was red, but the windows are yellow and the front is narrow so fixed that. Also made the swordfish look like it does in battle.

Figured out something... the dark tan colors do better for the shadows on all crafts because the hangar is the only place you see them and unlike vanilla game the hangar is brown and red. This makes them blend in better.

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
  • Work hard and play hard lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 06:06:00 am »
Nice. Love to see new things.TY.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 01:07:22 am »
Some personal reworks of MG belts, these being the ones you see more often. Made the PS ammo glitter more, kinda like a mithril ammo. Made Mag ammo stick out more, gave the bullet casings dark grey color.

edit - also tweaked the swordfish more, experimenting still with these non-gray shadows. Got rid of the plastasteel looking prongs on the nose.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 01:09:47 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 09:19:47 pm »
just more stuff I made up while doing my modern "knitting"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 11:58:51 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 01:24:02 am »
different variations on the grenade packs, also got a 40mm/hell version I am happy with (that evil black plastic and red stripe look)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 10:58:45 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 02:39:15 am »
just a black plastic noir laser pistol
i dont modify the hand sprite because of recognition

edit - attached the Lasgun version, and a hybrid type
always bugged me the lasgun had good accuracy, but no sights, not even a reflex sight
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 05:43:53 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 10:55:03 pm »
made shiny version of assault smg and also an invHeight: 2 version. Advanced Launcher too because it should look pretty for devoting an entire slave AI to build it, text says its made completely of plastasteel too. Added original jetbike but with orange cockpit window like its tactical map tiles have.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 10:57:34 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 03:57:03 am »
a MUCH needed resprite of the Mini Shotgun, which has an entire bounty hunting prize dedicated to it (even though its not really that superior). Made from a mashup of the military shotgun.

And some short barrel style ak reworks with a folding stock, sorta more ak74u style.

And another kind of plasma sub made as a mashup from the heavy plasma and the precision laser.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 04:16:06 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 02:16:00 am »
and now a resprite for the heavy plasma
in nature the color Red indicates "danger" and the stargods know this full well
changed the clip, abit of a cross between the plasma rifle and plasma scorcher

added some other barrel shroud colors but they're in .png format
an idea I want to try is making a blue heavy plasma so that the plasma scorcher hand gfx can be used and you dont know at first glance which one they have
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 03:43:34 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 08:43:38 pm »
not sure it exactly looks the same tone as the Plasma Scorcher but its the same color range. Hand sprite can be the same as the scorcher (handSprite: 1192) now anyone with the heavy plasma is much easier to notice.

Somehow these look really vicious. Like a shark. I ended up using the plastasteel barrel one.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2022, 03:32:25 am »
New laser super charger, with a proper plasma blade, and an appearance fitting for a dedicated bounty hunting prize.
Some tweaks on combat shotguns, since the standard one has a rifle butt attack I put the steel buttcap on that one and regular wood stock on the bayonet model. Also tweaked bayonet model so the bayonet doesn't look silly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 03:33:56 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2022, 06:16:36 pm »
that supercharger lasrifle looks fantastic

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2022, 12:23:11 am »
thanks it just kinda came together, jack offers plasma blades so i figured it should look like a dedicated plasma blade, also its pretty heavy and somehow with the poor accuracy I figured the weight should be in the front. And then that happened.