aliens

Author Topic: some sprite reskins  (Read 25914 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: some sprite reskins
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2023, 11:04:46 am »
The submachinegun looks like an uzi already, just without a stock.

Actually seems a futuristic version, more squared that the original one, but i think it might be changed. I happen to remember "xeno operaitons" mod had a wonderful sprite for it, please mind to check?

(unrelated) Here's a mixed up Scout Rifle I made, with obvious influences (uac, es, battle rifle, light mg). Might be an acquired taste, but I didn't like the scout rifle anymore.

nice as always. Care to make a remake for the hunting rifle after the Sako S20? Whit a brighter palette of course ;D

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2023, 06:44:01 am »
nice as always. Care to make a remake for the hunting rifle after the Sako S20? Whit a brighter palette of course ;D
Now that's a request I couldn't deny and it came out pretty damn good if I say so myself. The original reminds me of some really old rifle, one of the first semi-auto rifles from the early 1900s. This one is much more like a ubiquitous hunting rifle. Looks like something you don't want pointed at you by raider chicks.

edit: oops
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 06:50:43 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2023, 07:43:14 pm »
The intent was precisely for it to look like early 1900s rifle. But I cannot deny the quality of your reskins :)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2023, 01:08:29 am »
And this is an RCF Carbine. Doing the other rifle gave me some ideas.
Two (x2) versions, with or without suppressor, with or without folding stock. Default is no supp or folding stock.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2023, 11:39:33 am »
The intent was precisely for it to look like early 1900s rifle. But I cannot deny the quality of your reskins :)

Maybe an older design would fit well to the balck market nature of the weapons, so wanna leave as it is now? We'll see in next relases! :P

@RSSWizard, if some more older ARs gonna ever made avaiable at the black market, care to draw them? If you care, have a look here. Thanks as always!

Ediy/ as for these m16s.. eh we shoot it down..
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 01:03:36 am by ontherun »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2023, 10:17:55 pm »
Maybe an older design would fit well
With only 48 pixels and 16 or 32 width there are severe limits to what you can do. I used to think Fallout Tactics sprites (132x54) were compressed. Like minecraft, when you try to do too much with little it starts looking like barf. Just remember x-piratez is effectively a 1994 video game (x-com) upgraded with quality of life improvements, it could never have been made in 1995 but much of what the OXCE engine can do could've been done then if it was cared to do so.

Ive had this nifty thought of doing some kinda minimalist aesthetic similar to System Shock or old NES games where the items have an outline appearance. But such a thing would have to be done to everything to preserve the style. Not gonna happen here.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2023, 04:22:18 am »
Slugthrower Shells which are bigger

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2023, 04:46:45 am »
cleaned up better ones
the slugthrower doing that much damage (just like the assault cannon) demands bigger boolits
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 05:10:51 am by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2023, 05:05:29 am »
Had this cool idea of modding the Tank Battlecannon to use a Boarding Gun instead of a regular machinegun. It might spawn a custom sprite for it. The stats are autofire/4 and burst/3 with the same accuracy and speed as the mg.

Kinda got inspired by the fact the main cannon always ends up in the right hand slot even though (?) most people use it judiciously and use the machinegun primarily and would prefer opportunity fire to come from the MG. So using a boarding gun makes the ammo alot easier to resupply since it grows on trees, and nerfs the tank slightly because of overall ammo capacity, pretty much still the same strength. I figured out how to nullify fixed inventories to put them back in the order I want, so that the auxiliary weapon becomes the primary and the main cannon is the left hand slot.

Edit:  And there it is. It takes less than one man hour for them to unscrew the stock and foregrip off the boarding gun and install it on this special carriage.

This is technically a new item so it doesn't replace any existing ones.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 08:52:07 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2023, 10:26:40 pm »

This is technically a new item so it doesn't replace any existing ones.

I hope it gonna be used to replace the current boarding one. Plus would be nice to ha e a weapon that is also a component, like the hmgs and lmgs that can be mounted on crafts

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2023, 01:43:21 am »
I hope it gonna be used to replace the current boarding one. Plus would be nice to ha e a weapon that is also a component, like the hmgs and lmgs that can be mounted on crafts

The Boarding Gun is gorgeous and it even features in at least one bootypedia splash image, with big fat flat pounted brass slugs. But it doesn't look like the kind of thing you could just clip onto a mount. So for this purpose alone it has a metal rig set up to bolt it into, which is reminiscent of the shooty gun, but wouldn't have any of the custom shooty internals.

New OC
Here is an altered UI Dashboard.
Dark Mode.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 02:38:08 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2023, 10:52:05 am »
New OC
Here is an altered UI Dashboard.
Dark Mode.

If you release a full dark mode submod, I'm sure it will be a big hit.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2023, 11:28:51 am »

Sure! Mabe also a version with a brighter palette? so it is more easy on the eyes..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2023, 08:35:36 pm »
Sure! Mabe also a version with a brighter palette? so it is more easy on the eyes..

I'm afraid palettes are a wholly different beast.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2023, 06:46:31 am »
Thanks for the encouragement, I think it looks pretty snazzy myself.
Full Dark Mode...?  As in the item slots dark gray too?

Brighter palettes are anathema to x-piratez.
Turn up the brightness on your device. I made a palette mod called Delicious Colors already. It provides saturated red and a fleshy orange tone that doesn't exist on the palette.