Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610535 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97C - 15 Jan - Privatizing World Peace
« Reply #1950 on: January 29, 2016, 11:34:39 am »
All Meridian's fork versions up to this point are backward-compatible afaik, so you can either use the version provided or the newest one, it won't cause bugs.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 29, 2016, 11:56:05 am »
All Meridian's fork versions up to this point are backward-compatible afaik, so you can either use the version provided or the newest one, it won't cause bugs.

Speaking of compatibility... do you plan to upgrade X-PirateZ to OXCE 2.9 or can I continue with 2.5b for some time?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1952 on: January 29, 2016, 12:38:26 pm »
Not sure how soon I will do that; not in the current release, certainly. So it's OK to run on 2.5b for now.
But, do you know what kind of new features were implemented by mid-November OXC build the OXCE is based on now? If it's Soldier Types, I will change as soon as possible, even if all I would have as alternate soldier races for now are doggies (yes, they will get experience points, varied looks and 1-2 new armor types!) :) I also need to understand what exactly Yankes has added and what can be done with it; it looks very black magic.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: January 29, 2016, 02:17:55 pm »
Not sure how soon I will do that; not in the current release, certainly. So it's OK to run on 2.5b for now.
But, do you know what kind of new features were implemented by mid-November OXC build the OXCE is based on now? If it's Soldier Types, I will change as soon as possible, even if all I would have as alternate soldier races for now are doggies (yes, they will get experience points, varied looks and 1-2 new armor types!) :) I also need to understand what exactly Yankes has added and what can be done with it; it looks very black magic.

Yes, soldier types were added there.
And also the addUFO in mapscript (I think Solarius is waiting for that).

Yankes stopped merging just one commit before the Soldier Diaries... that will be painful btw.
That one commit before Soldier Diaries is the TFTD Damage formula being a mod instead of an option.

Here's a full changelog in OXC (between OXCE 2.5b and 2.9), I highlighted some interesting ones:

OXCE 2.9
-----
d93f5fe no more missionSite zone bugs please
a75fcdf Durrrrr
be559a4 Merge pull request #1065 from winterheart/master
631d02e "I have no deathSound, and I must scream"
771507c Added filtering to Transfer screen
61c2601 Support for mod soldiers with custom death sounds and names. (mods with custom civilians will have to re-add their death sounds)
616b174 Added filtering to Sell screen
2fd91bf - Added research requirements to mod soldiers - Added unit requirements to mod armor
1605d49 Improved mod error messages
508cb4d Fix missing engineer purchase. Fix battlescape crash.
e745641 Merge pull request #1064 from ajschult/AlienDeployment
4e1553a Initialization order must match declaration order
6c072ab C++ fixes
a8c8afe First pass at purchase screen filtering
c9769f7 Added customizable alert background
603df0b Merge pull request #1063 from JonnyH/adlib-memory-fix
269b2cc Fix memory corruption in adlplayer.cpp
a97b0c7 Fixed scientist/engineer costs
e05edff Merge cleanup
1052bb3 Cleanup
abbdf63 Refactored purchase screens. Added support for extra soldier types.
3bf425e Merge pull request #1058 from R1dO/refactor_Savegame_Base
a98efd2 Merge pull request #1060 from R1dO/Cmake__NO_OPENGL
1237bbd Allow build even when openGL headers are not found.
5b92fac tee hee
723b79b multiple UFOs on a single battlescape
68661ba Merge pull request #1059 from ajschult/install_data_local
553f194 Handle spaces in filenames by avoiding xargs
0b9f904 merge setUFO and addUFO
fdaec26 fix spelling mistake on caribbean region
a9bbf12 fix some oversight
05385fe add setUFO command to mapscripts
0462159 make sure burntime math gets done properly
6750092 Merge pull request #1054 from winterheart/verbose-load-images
3a2f9f6 Merge pull request #1057 from winterheart/GNUInstallDirs
3a9b73f Refactor Base::getItems into Base::getStorageItems
fb8d532 Add support for GNUInstallDirs variables (>=CMake 2.8.5)
939badc Merge pull request #1055 from winterheart/png-fix
c16cec8 Fix another warning from libpng.
a320763 Fix drill UFOpaedia entries
22e6b0e Add verbose facility logging for loading images.
a3c09c0 make retaliation odds a property of alien missions
e9f46f4 Merge pull request #1053 from NHOrus/errfix
9e28d6f Correct solution to signed/unsigned problem
4110eaf Fix ambient sound mods
f0b09bc Fix resource mods
11bbba6 Fix research complete message bug
-----
OXCE 2.5b

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1954 on: January 29, 2016, 02:47:52 pm »
Yankes stopped merging just one commit before the Soldier Diaries... that will be painful btw.
That one commit before Soldier Diaries is the TFTD Damage formula being a mod instead of an option.

Thank you so much. Do you happen to know where to download the required OXC version? Also - if TFTD formula is a mod, does it change anything? Besides the inability to switch to TFTD formula with a single button? I have no problem with people using my weapons as intended (with TFTD damage formula added manually where applicable through OXCE functionality).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 29, 2016, 03:08:45 pm »
Thank you so much. Do you happen to know where to download the required OXC version?

You don't need the OXC version I think.

Yankes provides:
1. the standalone EXE -- on the mod portal (https://www.openxcom.com/mod/openxcom-extended) and also a backup somewhere
2. all the data files -- attached in the first post (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.0.html), filename: data29.zip

Also - if TFTD formula is a mod, does it change anything? Besides the inability to switch to TFTD formula with a single button? I have no problem with people using my weapons as intended (with TFTD damage formula added manually where applicable through OXCE functionality).

No change for you.
Only Ivan won't be able to switch to TFTD damage formula anymore :D Finally!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1956 on: January 29, 2016, 03:15:35 pm »
Hmm so I guess your fork will have to be upgraded soon as well, soldier types alone are worth it (although I don't know when I will start implementing this stuff) :) Unless you think it's better to wait for Soldier Diaries.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 29, 2016, 03:38:12 pm »
Hmm so I guess your fork will have to be upgraded soon as well, soldier types alone are worth it (although I don't know when I will start implementing this stuff) :) Unless you think it's better to wait for Soldier Diaries.

My idea would be (if you agree):

1/ release 0.97d in the near future with all the changes you've made so far using OXCE 2.5b+
2/ after that start working on 0.98 with OXCE 2.9 from Yankes... within 2-3 weeks from today I should be able to upgrade my fork too

3/ upgrade to newest nightly will not be easy for Yankes and also not for me... so I would not wait for OXCE 3.0 right now and keep that for future releases (0.99?)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97D - 29 Jan - High Times
« Reply #1958 on: January 29, 2016, 04:44:20 pm »
Makes sense to me. I will quite likely release 0.97d today.

...And so it is released. Not so much new stuff (bar the 3 new facilities, including DAT SWIMMING POOL and SUPER MAIDS) but a lot of improvements and fixes. Main highlights:

- Prisoners can be robbed of their possessions now, even those who were impossible to enslave (less enemies possible to enslave though). You lose half the ransom money, though.

- Getting hit by a lesser faction should be now easier to handle, as many of their nastiest weapons will be replaced with Plasma Subrifle (it's still quite deadly, though). That's for you, Meridian :)

- Inventories have shrunk for most outfits. If you're (literally) naked, you get no inventory slots, and vice-versa, full inventory is only available for fatigues equipped with full combat webbing. What's in between, gets in between. The upside - armor weight is now only physical weight, so gym suits, bikinis etc. weigh 0 instead of whatever they used to.

- Weapons train proper stats now. Thanks to Meridian especially for this.

- Big weapons (and bows) cannot be fired when your other hand is occupied.

- Sniper rifles are for skilled combatants only. Do not be suprised with abysmal hit chances if you give them to swabbies.

- Overkill feature support added. Some weapons can completely vaporize combatants, with their equipment.

- You get partial refund for dismantling Facilities.

- Lo-tech Anti-Tank weaponry is a bit more effective in its role. This includes Landmines.

- Some low-level med items are consummable now. Feedback needed on how this works out.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:46:09 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 29, 2016, 07:29:38 pm »
Yes, soldier types were added there.
And also the addUFO in mapscript (I think Solarius is waiting for that).

Thanks for info dump, I now have half less things to write :)

I choose merge merge target deliberate to add `addUFO` for Solarius.

Aside changes from nightly that could be useful for you Dioxine is `spriteScript`. This will allow easy creating small variants of same unit (or animations).
In case of pirates is now possible to have unique torso for each paper doll in battlescape. Very useful to have different hair styles for each unit.
Another smaller thing is option for sharing repeating groups of values in armor/unit definitions.

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: January 30, 2016, 06:51:31 am »
Been away from Xcom for a while, and just updated (as in extracted the latest) version of XPiratez over my old copy. This might be my problem.

I noticed that some of my girls in the Pirate outfit can't equip any weapons, and they have one hand completely blocked out (which I'm assuming is by design). Or did I screw something up real bad?

EDIT: Nevermind, I installed it the proper way and everything is peachy!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 08:39:42 am by Axebeard »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: January 30, 2016, 11:41:35 am »
Upgraded and my observations/questions are below.

1. New Research Item shows in mine titled STR_HEALER_PLUS?

2. Elerium Grenade is now Hilarium Grenade?

PS This has occurred right across all the versions of XPiratez I played. The Provincial Govt crafts add negative points to my monthly score. If we are not really meant to attack (i.e. take negative influence if we do) - shouldn't they increase rather than reduce our score?

I got the mint and building it. Also decided to cough up money to purchase 3 Euro LRs. 70 Laser seems a nice weapon. Would add more variety to attacks.

Also nice mechanic on rebel trading.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:05:09 pm by Cristao »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1962 on: January 30, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »
You're not 'meant' to do anything, but wouldn't it be strange if you got positive score from attacking the same people who pay you? Maybe if it was the Guild it'd make sense, but govts are too poor already to stage false flags :)
Elerium was renamed to Hilarium because I wanted to drift away a bit from cloning X-Com nomenclature. The name could change over 600 years :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:05:38 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: January 30, 2016, 10:28:21 pm »
My idea would be (if you agree):
1/ release 0.97d in the near future with all the changes you've made so far using OXCE 2.5b+
2/ after that start working on 0.98 with OXCE 2.9 from Yankes... within 2-3 weeks from today I should be able to upgrade my fork too
3/ upgrade to newest nightly will not be easy for Yankes and also not for me... so I would not wait for OXCE 3.0 right now and keep that for future releases (0.99?)

So, I spent several hours merging (dang it, that's a tedious job!), several hours fighting with visual studio 2015, c++11 and yaml... but I managed to compile a version, which doesn't crash :) (unless you have playIntro turned on, so don't turn it on).

@Dioxine:
Attached is:
1. new executable (with features from 2016-01-30)
2. DLLs (some of them are new, at least one I think, so make sure to update)
3. also corresponding data files just in case (without translations from transifex)

Download (2016-01-30-oxce29plus.rar, 2.2 MB): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YcEtIczRKYzhWcFU

@Everybody else:
Don't use this unless you know what you're doing! This is not per se compatible with current version of X-PirateZ (0.97d).

PS: if anybody is interested, here's the source: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commits/oxce2.9-plus-proto

Offline Ruludos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: January 31, 2016, 04:42:37 am »
I was just browsing through the Bootypaedia for the nth time when I realized that, with a decent damage roll, the Fusion Torch could cut through a UFO's outer wall.

Why am I just now realizing this?