aliens

Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 183164 times)

Hyper2Snyper

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2017, 09:48:21 pm »
     _  _           _ _
    / /  /          \ \  \
    | | |           |  |  |
    | | |_       _|  |  |
    |   | /      \  \    |
    |   |/        \  |   |
    |   |           \    |
    /  /             \    \
   /  /               \    \

Alien High Five

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2018, 11:00:26 pm »
Yay! A new retro teen gamer! High five from another teem!

Retro? Xcom is not retro!!!  ;D

Offline CampDragon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2018, 11:14:26 am »
 Hello I'm Eric. Aged 42.  Nobody special really. Been lurking a looong time, thought I might as well join the forum and be more social.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2018, 03:53:50 pm »
Greetings, Eric! I've lurked, I've participated, i've disappeared, and I'm  back.  I might disappear again :P  Have fun!

Offline RockDoctor

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2018, 09:28:50 am »
I'm Aidan, a geologist (hence "RockDoctor").
I've been playing XCOM since my last bout of unemployment, which coincided with the original release. Obviously I enjoy it (though I will admit that it disappeared off the radar for probably al of Win2k through to Vista. Vista propelled me to dump windows and in the process I picked up DOSbox - which got me back into old habits.
Last month ... a bug borked my Superhuman game just as I was about to get Psionic with everyone. And I hunted and hunted until I found a solution (Hex editor ; byte 06 of UIGLOB.DAT ; I suspect pretty much everyone here will be familiar with that frustrating cycle). But in the process, I saw mention of OpenXCOM.

If I say that my other time-sink is Oolite, I'd be very surprised if I needed to clarify that I'm not talking about limestones with a millimetre-scale spherical granular structure.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2018, 01:53:00 pm »
Welcome, Eric and Aidan!

If I say that my other time-sink is Oolite, I'd be very surprised if I needed to clarify that I'm not talking about limestones with a millimetre-scale spherical granular structure.
I had never heard of either up until now, however Google showed the second of them to me first.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2018, 05:29:50 pm »
I like Oolite too! (The game).

Offline RockDoctor

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2018, 06:19:15 pm »
I like Oolite too! (The game).
I grew up digging fossils (mostly rynchonellid brachiopods, but others too) out of oolite limestones in the local quarries.
When we replaced the industrial computers at work with general purpose PCs in the late 80s, I discovered this thing on a floppy disc called Elite ... and a few years ago it's metaphorical offspring Oolite (the game).

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2018, 09:13:20 pm »
That's sounds as a really cool coincidence  :P

Offline Matachusets

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2018, 11:17:41 pm »
Hi to all!

My name is Jesus, from spain, a "profesional gammer", I like this project a lot, bring me lots of memories from my chilhood.

Terror from the deep was my 8th +o- , game since i start playing it, and one i played hours and hours when i was a child, my 1st game was prince of persia. I star playing when i was 9, now at 32, still kicking keyboard, My job is Private security guard.

My hobnist appart from gamming, mount custom computers and a bit of electronics and programing(few and long time dont touch, thanks to minecraft quick version changes since 1.7.10, i was start learning a bit, and learn a lot of reading error logs XD)

Well, i didont know what more to say, so Hello to all and have a nice day!

Offline Spookykid

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2018, 12:34:08 pm »
Hello Everyone.

My name is SpookyKid

I have been nerding out over Xcom for awhile now and just started x piratez.

I am 27 I have been wanting to become active in a forum.

I have been Lurking for awhile and now I plan on contributing to the conversation.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2018, 01:08:42 pm »
Welcome to the forums, and have fun. :)

Offline General Vershner

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:58 pm »
Hello everyone.

I'm fairly new to OpenXcom, but I've been playing the original since Amiga Format gave it away on their cover disc. Before that I also played Chaos, Rebelstar and Laser Squad on the Spectrum.
My favourite tactical game though, is Laser Squad Nemesis. I was fairly active on the Nemesis forum years ago.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2018, 03:47:20 pm »
I was lurking the forum for a since 2015 and I barely registered in 2017, although I became active early in 2018. (I didn't notice this thread exists!)

I am Mexican, I am 20 years old and I am a law student (my profile picture is one of my favorite memes related to my career and with XCOM, it is a nuisance that I can not read). I know, it's rare for a lawyer to try to work in a game.

I discovered this game when Xcom 2012 came out, it really caught my attention, but my PC could not support  it. So I looked for alternatives and found UFO: EU for an emulator. I still remember that in my first game everything went to hell in May, after a failed base defense mission. Then I found the OpenXcom forum in 2014 through the UFO: Alien Invasion forum. I started playing it and it made me very happy. :') For a long time I was unware about the the existence of the forum, I only used the old page of mods, I found it by chance. I was following closely the work of Liberation in Battle For Mars, it is a pity that it has been forgotten for so long.

Recently I started to work more actively doing mods for this glorious game. It is a pleasure to be part of one of the most active communities and even more, that the work of everyone here persists so much, 8 years after its birth.

Offline Badfella

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2018, 01:44:36 am »
Hello, I'm Badfella. I joined last night because I'm interested in modding.