Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304809 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2018, 02:45:09 am »
Wrong. Real Saber:

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2018, 07:47:43 pm »
just another idea:

any mission with fully map of Hight Class, /Imperial Palace, seat of Emperor -

- just map with huge, Grand Emperor´s House Palace (and its surroundings, palace empire gardens, etc..), of course also with throone, and Emperor himself, (and his family, princess, vikomts, dukes, barons, arch-bishops, Reverend-Mothers, ministers, prinzessins, swordmasters, (and mentat (-assassins) ;D ;P

sorry, yap, im now just reading thet long Dune seria ( ~~20 books totally| )
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:59:12 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2018, 09:39:56 pm »
sorry, yap, im now just reading thet long Dune seria ( ~~20 books totally| )

There is, actually, a mod in Dune thematics which was abandoned by a Creator :(
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2957.0.html
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:07:32 pm by Abyss »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2018, 10:56:30 pm »
There is, actually, a mod in Dune thematics which was abandoned by a Creator :(
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2957.0.html

..but last posts, as i can seen, are posted relatively recently (few weeks, well, amybe few months ago..)

anyway, it cwould be very pleasantly, if the creator (developer) of the Dune mod would, will continue on it, to develop it beyond..
*Spice must flown" :p ;D ;P

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2018, 02:29:46 pm »
It wasn't ditched, just Clownagent doesn't work on his stuff all the time. He also made some great contributions to piratez, like cats and parrots.

The Dune mod is really neat, as much as I hate Dune in general. Unless I play as Harkonnen, that is :)

Offline Ewokgod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2018, 03:07:31 pm »
Can I just float this idea...

If a mission like a Mansion Invasion is supposed to be a heist, it might be cool to have a data-gathering/planning stage beforehand.

Robbing/enslaving high ranking faction members and those peons involved in keeping them safe could drop a piece of loot called [Faction] Mansion Info. (e.g Church Priests and higher ranks, Matrons, Exalts and the Warmaidens that are supposed to keep them safe could drop Church Mansion Info).

Gather enough info on a faction Mansion together and manufacture a "Mansion Heist Plan". Once that is researched, a one-off mission to attack a particular mansion is flagged to happen in the next month. That way, the players get an idea of what kind of enemies they are going to face.

This can be expanded on by offering the players many ways to conduct the Mansion Invasion. Just pulling numbers out of the air here, 10 units of Mansion Info makes a "Sneak,Grab and Run" plan that limits the mission to a small infiltration-equipped team and a strict time limit. 20 units of Mansion Info and a monetary cost (bribes) and the player manufactures a "Sneak, Hold and Run" plan that allows for a larger vessel and more time. 40 units and huge bribes and the brainers have found a way to jam any outgoing signals coming from the mansion (no time limit because the "cavalry" won't arrive) and an approach route for a party fully armed and equipped for war. This way the player has the option to go for many mansion invasions with limits or one big score.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2018, 08:53:13 am »
I don't have time to sink it into this rather large sidequest expansion you're proposing, but you know how it goes... Have an idea, want it to happen, make a mod for it yourself. If it's good, it will be included.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2018, 10:45:21 pm »
--- Triple-posting now. Are you trying to test how far you can go before you are banned or something??? ---

Can I just float this idea...

If a mission like a Mansion Invasion is supposed to be a heist, it might be cool to have a data-gathering/planning stage beforehand.

Robbing/enslaving high ranking faction members and those peons involved in keeping them safe could drop a piece of loot called [Faction] Mansion Info. (e.g Church Priests and higher ranks, Matrons, Exalts and the Warmaidens that are supposed to keep them safe could drop Church Mansion Info).

Gather enough info on a faction Mansion together and manufacture a "Mansion Heist Plan". Once that is researched, a one-off mission to attack a particular mansion is flagged to happen in the next month. That way, the players get an idea of what kind of enemies they are going to face.

This can be expanded on by offering the players many ways to conduct the Mansion Invasion. Just pulling numbers out of the air here, 10 units of Mansion Info makes a "Sneak,Grab and Run" plan that limits the mission to a small infiltration-equipped team and a strict time limit. 20 units of Mansion Info and a monetary cost (bribes) and the player manufactures a "Sneak, Hold and Run" plan that allows for a larger vessel and more time. 40 units and huge bribes and the brainers have found a way to jam any outgoing signals coming from the mansion (no time limit because the "cavalry" won't arrive) and an approach route for a party fully armed and equipped for war. This way the player has the option to go for many mansion invasions with limits or one big score.

8) excellent expansions!,

+1 more idea - there, in grand mansions, /Palaces,  would be, like, ~2, ~~ 5, or ~~10 % chance to find & get a such larger treasure, or at least one, or even more, few, new technologies (to just research, or already "researched" )

..and even another suggestion - distinguish those "mansions (missions) into few categories, few "levels of mansions" :

1. big house,
2. (modern) commercial buildings (Commercial-Entertainments Centres, "Plazas", or bigger airports, /train-stations, etc.. and others bigger public buildings, /instituties..

3. luxury appartments (mezonets), "condominiums"

4. luxury villas
&&
5. palazzio, Mansions,

6. Grand (imperial,/kronung) Palaces,

[posts merged]

I don't have time to sink it into this rather large sidequest expansion you're proposing, but you know how it goes... Have an idea, want it to happen, make a mod for it yourself. If it's good, it will be included.

well, ok,
so i would like to make, idk, at beginning rather smthng little, for example, any small, personal weapon, or aircraft (space fighter) - how to begin,
where (and how) to start ?,
with what, from scratch, or some "frame"

what cwould i take as a "base" (basic) - new, empty "page, "document, -

- or rather take a similar unit (similar weapon, / vehicle, as like, similar as what i intend design ?

[posts merged]

What about get into, implementing into Piratez a *Psyichohistory"? ?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychohistory_(fictional)

as a top-tier, end-game technology, for actively, diynamic, and hidden control, secretly,hidden managing and manipulating masses of ..((literally) any) populations, / flow of history, historic´al events, movements, and circumstancies, ....

it would be as hi-tech, end-game top tier tech tree research..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 09:28:14 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 04, 2018, 12:47:07 am »
Psychohistory by Asimov just works in a galaxy populated only by humans.
Earth might be too small a population to use psychohistory on.
Psychohistory is used to make predictions about the future of mankind. Any manipulation is an extremly longterm thing, usually only bearing fruits after generations. The ultimate goal was to not let mankind descent into the stone age again and to make another ascent possible. After 5000 or 10000 years, iirc. It is not a tool to control populations, especially not in the short term.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2018, 07:52:32 pm »
Lisbeth Salander kind, type of such person.. (gal)

or, more generally, any (almost) genial, charismatic, wisdom, clever, cool (still "good-hearted") character, gal,  -  hacker, & technical guru, elektrotechnic master..

(of course, also with appropriate, custom equipments  -  such outfits, as alike Lisbeth had, (with many pockets, and belt, for tools, little, mobile, but-top-performance, state-of-the-art high-mobile workstation (notebook), sophisticated communications´devices, and so on..

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2018, 09:36:45 pm »
Did anyone mention Zrbite(we have some Zrbite-powered crafts seen crashed underwater) as a high-powered Hellerium substitute? Or something like this.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2018, 11:27:34 pm »
Did anyone mention Zrbite(we have some Zrbite-powered crafts seen crashed underwater) as a high-powered Hellerium substitute? Or something like this.

Hard to find a place for Zrbite. It's just elerium equivalent for TFTD which is in fact a reskin of original X-com. If we have hellerium, then why do we need Zrbite? Maybe for sonic weapons, or something. Expect that in future updates (probably).

Maybe hellerium is a combined Zrbite and elerium?

niculinux

« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2018, 04:46:18 pm »
A nice reskin for the harquebus. I'd like to see something like that. But, as always, keep in mind that google is our friend  :)

Edit: it may have to be more heavy slow and incaccurate and of cour havin a smsller range in comparison to musket, also shoul not be bayoneted but still have gunbutt attack, while keeping same damage if not a bit less (35-40). By now the former are lighter than the latter, so the whole thing may need some balancing; i'd also remove the blade from the more ancient one, so upgrading to muskets may be more interesting, but whatever! ;)

Edit 2: i'm not sure of the purpose if an "air musket", i did not disciovered so far in the game, but as soon as i googled it the first result was this
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:09:40 pm by niculinux »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2018, 05:21:24 pm »
Hard to find a place for Zrbite. It's just elerium equivalent for TFTD which is in fact a reskin of original X-com. If we have hellerium, then why do we need Zrbite? Maybe for sonic weapons, or something. Expect that in future updates (probably).

Maybe hellerium is a combined Zrbite and elerium?

Elerium = hellerium, same thing, different name.

Zrbite is functionaly a hellerium substitute, but is likely expensive and slow to manufacture, so mining hellerium is preferable. For all we know, hellerium might only occur in places that don’t allow life to arise naturaly, so Star Gods might originaly use Zrbite to achieve interstellar travel before they found natural hellerium deposits and switched to that. T’leth was manufacturing it for war with the surface world because their supply of hellerium ran out millions of years ago. In Piratez timeline, it is likely that T’leth had to surrender much of their supply and make other major concessions to Star Gods to be allowed continued existence as relatively independent entity.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2018, 06:59:31 pm »
T'leth and Star Gods relations are very interesting topic and I would like to see "expanded".
All those wrecks in oceans could be shot down by Star Gods themselfs, but they could show interest only in Zrbite, so this might be a reason why they are empty.
I found something interesting in Interceptor timeline (despite Interceptor being a spinoff):
"The search for Elerium continues with little success. All of the UFOs that crashed on land have long since been plundered. Explorations of underwater alien wrecks has revealed an alarming property of Elerium-115: it becomes inert with prolonged exposure to sea water."

"The hope that Zrbite might revive the deep space program which was abandoned in 2010 are dashed when scientists discover that all the Zrbite supplies of the world have become inert. It is theorized that the aliens' molecular control network was the key to releasing the power of the mineral. When the destruction of T'leth caused the molecular control network to fail, all the Zrbite was rendered useless."

Why Star Gods would "attack" earth if T'leth were here from 65 million years? We know that they knew about T'leth.

By the way: Interceptor's backstory is intriguing, some of those things could be implemented (like The Inquisitors fighting with Sirius etc).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 07:06:26 pm by JustTheDude »