Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304779 times)

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #720 on: March 21, 2021, 05:18:05 pm »
You mean Jellyfish, the allegedly most OP craft used for "the ultimate defence strategy"? :D

(Well, according to some people. Never used it in my life.)

Do people really say that? They must know something I missed.  I find shadowbat far superior. Even snake is more useful as interceptor and safer to deeply in. Only thing Jellyfish has going for it is that special weapon one gal imprisoned on top of it can use. Otherwise it is slow, can deploy only 6 gals, cant use axsilia, and worst of it is fill is full of deadly holes that kill your gals.

I say Jellyfish is jellyshit! Anyone prove me wrong!  :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 08:39:52 pm by ZoA »

Offline ZoA

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 21, 2021, 08:45:29 pm »
I like to petition to have exit question under "contacts">"abandon ship!" changed as a homage to best 4X game ever. Now it has simple "abandon ship Skipper?", and I'd like to see it changed to "Please don't go. The gals need you. They look up to you." 8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 08:47:55 pm by ZoA »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 22, 2021, 09:17:12 pm »
Hellerium Cannonball
suggested damage 80, 86, or 90

...or 96 because it has a jury-rigged Hellerium Grenade in the middle with all the timer bits removed from it (and cost you hellerium grenades to produce at a 1:1 ratio, plus SC wire to shock it into detonation)

All relevant tech pre-reqs of course.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 09:23:15 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 23, 2021, 02:07:24 pm »
Do people really say that? They must know something I missed.  I find shadowbat far superior. Even snake is more useful as interceptor and safer to deeply in. Only thing Jellyfish has going for it is that special weapon one gal imprisoned on top of it can use. Otherwise it is slow, can deploy only 6 gals, cant use axsilia, and worst of it is fill is full of deadly holes that kill your gals.

Any craft is better with remodeling. The "trick" that made the jelly optimal for defense was to smash out all the consoles in the upper deck so you could cram all 6 gals around a single elevator and murder anything that came down the spokes.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 23, 2021, 03:31:46 pm »

Yes, actually i tried and it's very weird...also the gal trapped above but shots are possbile only to the line of sight and the gal cannot move....maybe some little modification would be welcome, providing balace won't be altered, of course.

Hay as for dogfight i think some terminal velocity soundtrack would suit fine...go try while playng  :P

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 23, 2021, 06:25:07 pm »
Nothing wrong with the gal up top, it's a weapon with way-points afterall. Just make sure the last leg is as straight down as you can get. out the window, up into the sky over the target and back down again

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 05, 2021, 03:22:14 am »
I think im going to make a Hellerium Cannonball mod.
itll require having hellerium grenades and superconducting cannonball unlocked
it cost 5 hellerium grenades + 2 SC wire to make 5 cannonballs
(basically, remove timer bits and external housing, and stick it in a cannonball)
it do the same damage as a hellerium grenade

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 17, 2021, 08:19:26 am »
I propose The Solar Courier & Journey Notes (only for Dead Fish) be made available as loot in more missions.

First one can only be found in human pogroms (100%) and the other on Shipwrecked Gal (100%) or Blood Rituals (25%). Nearing 2066 I still have 6 Couriers to research and I've done every single pogrom. Maybe early Civ ships can carry them, or make them buyable after those two VIPs are researched (aurora, kashub).
Second is the only source for Dead Fish research which I also didn't get yet. Shipwrecks stopped showing up long ago and rituals are super-rare in addition to having low chance of having notes. Alternatively make Dead Fish obtainable from more sources.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:34:56 am by Nilex »

Offline ZoA

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 18, 2021, 10:01:28 pm »
I'd like to propose additional "trappings" for resurrected shade gals. Now they are just kinda stealthy, easily destroyed, support units, usually not worth taking up ship slot or even base living space. But what if those ghosts could, like poltergeist, posses and use various machines prepared for them by runts. This could be done with trappings game mechanics. Runts make "traping" machines for gost gals, and they just swap them just like regular gals swap their trappings.

Here are 2 ghost trappings suggestion:

NECRONATOR
(inspired by  Necron Warriors)

Lore: Our brainers have learned how to assemble parts of Killer Droid Mk.801 and some precious gems in to new vessel for our shade gals. This will give them chrome shiny body to use in their quest for glory and booty.

Assets: to save development time simply reuse sprites for Killer Droid Mk.801 sense parts for the body are assembled from the same. But necronator shuld be using normal gal weapons instead of Killer Droid integrated weapons.

SHADENOUGHT
(inspired by Dreadnot)

Lore: by expanding on base principles we used to make necronators possible we developed way to make our shade gals even more formidable warriors. Behold the shadenought, the instrument of vengeance by which our shades will dispense justice too those that sent them to the word beyond.

Assembly: simply use mecha suit and some precious gems to produce poltergeist mecha

Assets: again to save development time simply reuse sprites,designs and weapons for mecha suit.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:04:27 pm by ZoA »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 19, 2021, 05:47:48 am »
Quite the interesting idea. i like it.

Offline ZoA

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 19, 2021, 07:03:35 pm »
Quite the interesting idea. i like it.

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. Hopefully Dioxin will like it too.  :)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 25, 2021, 11:31:35 pm »
I'd like to see a PINUP that would explain what the colored flashes mean when a unit gets hit.
White - (Armor damage > 0) AND (HP damage == 0) AND (Stun damage == 0)
Black - (Stun damage > HP damage) AND (HP damage < 15% Current HP)
Red - (HP damage >= Stun damage) OR (HP damage >= 15% Current HP)

Is this correct? Are there any other colors?

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 28, 2021, 11:14:16 am »
Guys I have an Idea!

I just watched Black Hawk Dawn and I thought: what if when our ships/flying cars/whatever are shot down it creates a mission of extracting our pilots? Something like "Saving Private Pepega"?

And in this mission our team must save pilots who barricaded themselves in some random building or destroyed ship/car from attacking hordes of marsecs/bandits/humanists.

Also one more event idea about our land transports like trucks and convoys - something like "our vehicle is broken and we need some time to repair it but local bandits saw it and they want to use this opportunity to get some good stuff and new slaves for free"?

And in this mission we must protect ourselves from endless hordes of bandits or gillmans or maybe even zombies for 5-10 rounds till transport is repaired and then we must evacuate from there.

But I don't know if it is possible to create these missions with restrictions of xcom's engine. But if it is possible I think it can add some more flavours to gameplay.

P. S. : also maybe adding heavy machine gun or minigun to "Convoy" transport is a good idea?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 29, 2021, 01:28:18 am »
No hooks at the moment from players losing ships other then getting the crew back. Also well outside the mechanisms for mission creation.

Events atm don't check against very many things, maybe some day in the future.

you have a roof hatch in each one and even multiple varieties of minigun. What does adding a static turret really do given how many bodies you can carry?

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 30, 2021, 07:09:51 am »
Dank.

Well ok then I guess this idea was not so good