Author Topic: [WIP][OXCE][UFO] X-Com: Terror From the Unknown (TFTU)  (Read 81068 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Build mods from Ethereal.
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2019, 05:05:12 am »
yergnoor Thank you very much, comrade. I don't have an Android and I can't test it.

Online yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2019, 06:12:56 am »
Ethereal, Android is what I tested (for lack of something else), but OXCE works the same on different devices, except for some nuances. Such as the lack of a computer keyboard in Android or problems with the display of gif in MacOS. But the mod action itself does not depend on a particular device. Therefore, it is enough to check the usual OXCE, only without a converted set of rules, as is done in your mod build.
The only significant difference of my version is the absence of the Russian version of the recruitment of names for X-Com soldiers. These names are located in a different place (not in standard/xcom1/), so they were not included in the mod. True, I was thinking of making an autonomous mod with Russian variants of names, as it was done, for example, in X-Piratez. The matter is simple, but for Western players it’s still more convenient to use original names, so the Russians could include only those who need it.
The rest of the alteration was incredibly simple. Since all your resources are located in the xcom1 folder (with the exception of the original UFO game data), it is already a ready mod. It was only necessary to change the metadata from the ones that the UFO game had to those that the mod had to have. And now what happened can be used on any device that has OXCE. If you want, you can also make standalone versions of your mod and subsequently, but only until all changes are made in the same xcom1 folder.
Judging by the fact that none of those who downloaded my version wrote about the error, it works not only for me.

Well, here all this text is in Russian.
Spoiler:
Ethereal, Android - это то, а чём тестировал я (за неимением другого), но OXCE работает одинаково на разных устройствах, кроме некоторых нюансов. Таких как отсутствие компьютерной клавиатуры в Android или проблемы с отображением gif в MacOS. Но само действие мода от конкретного устройства не зависит. Поэтому и для проверки достаточно обычного OXCE, только без переделанного набора правил, как это сделано в твоей сборке мода.
Единственное значимое отличие моего варианта - отсутствие русского варианта набора имён для солдат X-Com. Эти имена располагаются в другом месте (не в standard/xcom1/), поэтому в мод и не попали. Правда, я подумывал сделать автономный мод с русскими вариантами имён, как это сделано, например, в X-Piratez. Дело несложное, а для западных игроков всё-же удобнее использовать оригинальные имена, поэтому русские могли бы включать только те, кому это необходимо.
В остальном же переделка была невероятно проста. Поскольку все ресурсы у тебя расположены в папке xcom1 (за исключением данных оригинальной игры UFO), то она уже является готовым модом. Нужно было только изменить метаданные с тех, какие были у игры UFO, на те, которые должны быть у отдельного мода. И теперь то, что получилось можно использовать на любом устройстве на котором есть OXCE. Если захочешь, то можешь так-же делать автономные версии своего мода и впоследствии, но только пока все изменения производятся в одной папке xcom1.
Судя по тому, что никто из скачавших мой вариант не написал об ошибке, работает он не только у меня.

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2019, 07:33:52 am »
I'm getting a '\mods\Ethereal/soldiers.rul : bad file' error.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2019, 08:10:13 am »
yergnoor, Very happy to read this. I will take note of the information and try to implement this knowledge in the next update. It will not be available before the OXCE update. Thank you for the work done.

I'm getting a '\mods\Ethereal/soldiers.rul : bad file' error.

Update OXCE.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:11:57 am by Ethereal »

Online yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2019, 08:14:53 am »
NebulaM78, ​​are we talking about a separate version of the mod? If so, which version of OpenXcom was used to launch? The mod from Ethereal can only work with OpenXcom Extended, version of December 22, 2018 or later. If you use the usual OpenXcom, not Extended, an error will be generated.
With the usual installation method (original from Ethereal), the required version of OXCE is already attached. When used as a mod, the user himself should do it.
P.S. I forgot to specify this part, because I use the application on Android, and for it the current version exists only OpenXcom Extended.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:27:25 am by yergnoor »

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2019, 09:10:49 am »
I updated OXCE to the latest version, and now I'm getting a 'FileRecord::at(SoldierName/19-Russian.nam): requested file not found.' error.

EDIT: Nevermind, I changed the Russian.nam file to 19-Russian.nam and the Japanese.nam to 16-Japanese.nam and now it works.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:00:40 am by NebulaM78 »

Online yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2019, 10:01:11 am »
I updated OXCE to the latest version, and now I'm getting a 'FileRecord::at(SoldierName/19-Russian.nam): requested file not found.' error.
NebulaM78, ​​I think I understood, and this is my fault. The fact is that I borrowed for myself from the Ethereal mod its set of names written in Russian letters. It's more convenient for me to play not only with his mod, but also with others. But in his mod For some types of soldiers, specific files are indicated, from where names must come. Like the one you specified SoldierName/19-Russian.nam - a certain kind of soldiers is hired only among Russians (there is another kind hired in Japan). I have this file available, therefore The mod started, but with the original OXCE names it failed, there the names of the files with the names others.
Try to replace inside the mod file soldiers.rul on the attached. I changed the pointers to those that operate inside normal OXCE.
I apologize and ask to write about the result. I myself can not check whether it happened correctly. If everything works, then I will upload the mod file above. Thank you for writing about the error.
Addition:
Fine! I see that while I was fighting with the Google translator (it slows down the drafting of comments) you have already figured out the reasons. In any case, the error is an error and the mod file will have to be changed. That each new user did not face this problem.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:07:27 am by yergnoor »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2019, 12:18:28 pm »
Perhaps we should follow the example XPiratez. They also have their soldier names and registered in the folder modification.

Russian.nam - a certain kind of soldiers is hired only among Russians (there is another kind hired in Japan)

You're using my modification as a Supplement to yours. I have nothing against it.

P.S. Being determines consciousness. I Russian and the only country where I was - Japan. Cute Keiko... Her music... Words can't describe it.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2019, 11:33:56 am »
Update.

- Added multiple studies for profit in the form of items (so that scientists can pay for themselves, and to stimulate the creation of a second base with laboratories).
- Many different improvements and fixes.
- We need spaceships to attack the Infiltration Bases.
- Numerous balance edits.

The mod is hybrid, but all underwater terrains are tied to TFTD ships. I can't implement "fakeUnderwater" yet, because "Terrain Pack" from Hobbes is installed. How within it to make it I do not know. I know about the hybrid mod from Precentor Apollyon, but I'm not ready to give up the "Terrain Pack", in addition there is changed (not for the better) the appearance of the globe.

Above all. The mod is now implemented as a separate mod, as strange as it may be. I checked his work on Win XP (32) and Win 7 (64).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:12:06 pm by Ethereal »

wcho035

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2019, 12:17:02 pm »
To be honest, making the globe is the hardest part with the current tools available. I have to make certain compromises because the polygons are easy to go crazy when I am building the globe. Luke88 would have his version released around new years day. However, his globe will be different to the vanilla planet Earth globe. 

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2019, 12:55:35 pm »
Luke88 would have his version released around new years day. However, his globe will be different to the vanilla planet Earth globe.

We wait and - see. Anyway, I have everything tied up on the Terrain Pack and can’t get away from it.

wcho035

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2019, 01:10:33 pm »
You don’t have to use my globe, if you can make a better one. Then I love to use your version

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2019, 01:22:49 pm »
You don’t have to use my globe, if you can make a better one. Then I love to use your version

I can not do better. I tried many times, but nothing worked.

Online yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2019, 01:28:23 pm »
Alas, but I crash when I try to run this mod and load its resources. I have the latest version of OXCE - 6.1.1, only for Android, not on your PC. But it should work the same way. If you check the log, the game does not like the formats of graphic files, many of them, until you do not get completely unacceptable.
As far as I remember, Meridian has adapted many mods to the requirements of the new OXCE. Would it be worth it to do with this? Or is it impossible?
SpoilerRussian:
Увы, но у меня при попытке запустить этот мод происходит крах, при загрузке его ресурсов. Версия OXCE у меня последняя - 6.1.1, только для Android, а не на компьютер. Но работать она должна так-же. Если проверить лог, игре не нравятся форматы графических файлов, очень многих из них, пока не попадается полностью недопустимый.
Насколько я помню, Meridian адаптировал многие моды под требования новых OXCE. Может стоило бы ему сделать и с этим? Или это невозможно?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 01:30:52 pm by yergnoor »

wcho035

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2019, 01:29:19 pm »
Personally, I said strongly I do prefer people to use my mod as a starting base. Not rip it’s guts out. I have not gone the way Hobbes has done yet.  I do want people to use my mod and every thing a modder could do to make it feature complete.

The version I did not publish and is my main mod, is feature complete and a lot more. However, due to its unbalanced state and copyright issues. It is not released.