aliens

Author Topic: The Endless war, A total conversion for Openxcom.  (Read 82285 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: The Endless war, A total conversion for Openxcom.
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2018, 11:52:05 am »
Doesn't matter that there is so many, as only like 4 of them are any useful :) Discovering which ones was pretty fun tho.

Offline TarzanCZ

• Sergeant
  • For Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2018, 10:58:28 pm »
I tryed to redraw the plasma rifle repeat weapon, i would like to know your opinion.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2018, 02:19:33 am »
I tryed to redraw the plasma rifle repeat weapon, i would like to know your opinion.

I like the left Rifle!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2018, 11:37:04 pm »
Hello:
New version ready:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/59mc7f6m3st4i8q/The_Endless_War_1.19.rar/file
Changelog v.1.19:
- New units:
   - SPHW
   - Tamed Mutant Crusher
   - VTC-88 Cruiser MBT
   - NLM6 Meteor
New enemies:
   - Scibot
   - Highlander
   - AQB
   - Intelligence Officer
   - Stalker
   - Protectorate Dreadnought
   - Technical Supervisor
   - Mutant Crusher
   - Ambassador of the Protectorate
   - Protectorate Miner
   - Council of Nations Politic
   - Governor Comissar
   - MK-3000 Vigilante 
   - Cyborgide
   - Robolegionarie
   - Battlewagon
   - Legionary Tank
   - Krogan Solider
   - Master Spy
   - Evolved Sectoid
   - Syndicate Infiltrator
   - Extinction Diciple
   - Militant
   - Servitron
   - Bibliotecarius
   - HUP Hammer
   - M6A2E1 Heavy Tank
   - Corporate Clerk
New Missions:
   - Assault on the Martian Palace
   - Machine Wars
   - Storming Enemy Artic Base
   - Ambush to irregular forces
   - Exploring Misterious Space Installation
   - Assault on enemy factory
   - Assault Enemy Antarctic Base
   - Storming RPM Base
   - Storming Atzlan Base
   - Storming Atzlan Genetic Lab
   - Storming Californian Factory
   - Forge Wars
   - Assault in Alien Tribal Poblado
   - Phoenix Interceptor
   - Key character Extraction
   - Assault on Industrial Complex
New Weapons:
   - Gauss Shotgun
   - Plasma Rotogun
   - Laser Shotgun
   - Gyrogun
   - M45 Pulse Rifle
   - Calico M100
   - Gas Shotgun
   - Turbogun
   - Cryogun
   - Tesla Vibrogun
   - Extinction Dagger
   - FACT

New Armors:
   - XCOM HUP
   - Mech Suit Pilot
New Facilities:
   - Drone Bay
   - Heavy Drone Bay
New Items:
  - Digital Timer
  - EFS
  - Circular Wave Amplifier
  - Super Steel Fyber
  - Adrenal Gland
  - Blastema
  - Dreadnought Controller
  - Large Intestine
  - Smart Module
  - Healthy Animal Hear
  - Poison Gland
Happy Holidays to all and Happy New Year.  :D

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2019, 01:28:16 pm »
I admire your consistent work so far, even though from what I read your mod sadly isn't as polished as Piratez and perhaps way too hard. I can't say myself personally since I haven't played it much so far and the last time I did was several updates ago.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2019, 08:33:46 pm »
Hello:
Thank you for your opinion. I try to polish it as much as I can, solving any errors that may arise.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2019, 01:49:23 am »
Hello:
Changelog v.1.19:

As far I as I can see, the Endless War is the biggest and still fast developing mode with perhaps 2x-3x more enemies comparative to any other.
That will be probably the third one I try after Piratez and X-Come Files.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2019, 02:31:05 pm »
I tried downloading this some days ago but the .rar file seems to be broken/corrupted? Really wanted to give this one a try but after downloading it three times winrar gave me the same error every time I tried to open the file.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2019, 02:32:15 pm »
You just need a higher version of RAR decompression tool, it uses RAR5.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2019, 02:36:35 pm »
Bluh, didn't notice. I'll download a newer tool and try again later.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:51 pm »
This mod is enormous and has tons of content, although the file distribution is messy and takes forever to load, for not to mention it still has many glaring holes: Reading the ufoapedia at the start of the game causes issues, especially the section regarding enemy UFO, which causes the game to crash.

Offline obimark

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2019, 03:52:06 pm »
Hi, I have tried your mod and my overall feel is that it's... overwhelming. There's simply too much, too soon, too fast. On my first try, within 5 days I got invaded by someone, I have no idea who attacked my base because I haven't managed to kill a single enemy, despite sacrificing archon, 5 dogs and literally using ALL the ammo within base. I had to get creative with savegames to manage that. Not my proudest moment, but I was trying to see how everything works. Yes, I am playing at superhuman, BUT tactics mean nothing when I use all my ammo on a single alien and he doesn't even get a scratch.
Also, in my opinion, most of the things in the beginning are, well, useless. There's so much of it and cool looking, but i feel it's meaningless since I won't be using it. There's far too many planes, most of them I won't ever touch. Sure, it's nice to have all the russian jets, all the american squad or all EU shtick, but I feel it's not needed. 
On the missions I got in the beginning, I felt 95% of weapons that could be purchased, while looking quite good, were less than useless. As far as I could see, weapons are too heavy for rookies to properly carry. I feel there's rather strong imbalance between weapon weights and ammo weights e.g. ZVI falcon ammo weighs 30, while loaded weapon weighs 15. So, with strength around 27 rookies cannot even carry a single rifle and a spare clip without loosing TU. Also, I believe incorporating weight equipped/str indicator would be very helpful.
Next, on many menus I found they did not have proper labels, rather STRING_XYZ placeholders. Not a biggie, but slightly detracts from experience. What I found frustrating is that ammos were all over the purchase screen. For example G36 clip was several weapons down, not under its' propre place, marksman rifle didn't have any clips attached  to (it was under HMG) it and so on.
A minor irritation I found was that in the beginning, my planes were not fueled. As soon as I tried to intercept UFO, I had to return to base, same with skyranger. Also, nowhere could I find weapons to fit on some of the planes. I presume that I could research new weapons, but never got around to it.
I feel UFOpedia could be better organized. For example, there are STORY SO FAR chapters, but they are not placed in any meaningful order. Perhaps instead of labeling them as STORY SO FAR CHAPTER 1 better way would be STORY SO FAR CHAPTER 01 (or 001, depending on number of chapters). This way sorting algorithm will not make a mistake and put CHAPTER 11, 12... after chapter 1. Also, I somewhat struggled with the meaning of ufopedia entries, I believe english is not your primary language? I hope I'm not offensive and it's not my intention to offend, but I believe I could help you out with writing, if you're interested.
I applaude your effort and I really feel there's a lot of potential here, it just needs a bit more shine and balancing.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2019, 10:09:57 pm »
Tried an instant battle last night just to get a feel for what you had in game, Notice some very sexy Pyramid Ufo :), also noticed a Bug, this Unit could not get out of the spacecraft, also is it meant to be a 4x4 unit?

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2019, 10:44:39 pm »
Hello:
I thought your criticism was totally correct and correct. You are right in all your assessments, and I am constantly trying to improve the mod. Your words are very accurate and to offend me, nothing at all. It is true that my command of English is not exactly good. I am a Spanish speaker, but I decided to write the texts like this, so that it would reach more people. Now I'm trying to adapt it to the latest version of the Exe recently created by Meridian, from late January, because I have some errors related to the technology tree. This mod includes all the things that, in my personal opinion, I think the Original XCOM of 1994 should have had, although naturally, it doesn't have to be like that for everybody.

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2019, 04:03:11 am »
Latest download isn't packed properly so I can't open it.