aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071568 times)

Offline Frenzyk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3615 on: March 30, 2023, 11:10:26 pm »
1) "Optronics parts" is in "Evidense" category, should be in components
2) In Cult of apoc mission, portal to Doom dimension sprite is over unit(see screenshot attach)
3) Not real bug but. On Skymarshall exit rout terrain objectts can be swawned and can block exit. See "BUG-Exit.sav" - tank can't exit Skymarshall. In theory 2 bushes can be spawned and operatives will be blocked too.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3616 on: March 31, 2023, 12:57:45 pm »
Yo, I'm back from the land of burned motherboard. Sorry, took me a while!

A very minor thing, but is the mateba aquisition supposed to be an "unlocked by" instead of a "depends on" for "the kludge or mateba aquisition?  Currently you need to research kludge acquisition to unlock "the kludge or mateba aquisition" which feels unintended.  You need "the kludge or mateba aquisition" to buy the .454 ammo for both guns, and to see the ammo stats in the ufopedia.

I understand that you have some reason to report this, but that's not what I'm seeing in the files:

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_MATEBA_BUY
    cost: 2
    lookup: STR_MATEBA
    dependencies:
      - STR_MAGNUM_BUY
      - STR_SHOTGUN_BUY
      - STR_NONSTANDARD_WEAPONS

Could you please explain what exactly is not working? That Mateba/Kludge research branch is, by necessity, a clustertruck of links.

Okay, I figured it out. Solarius needs to fix his moon regions.

Well, that was embarrasing... Thank you so much!

I imagine one could have Ufopedia display without the ability to buy the stuff, but that'd mean Solarius has to create a third research for all of these weapons. Doubt he's enthusiastic about that.

I could, but the current model is already a clustertruck (like I mentioned before), and making it even more messy would effectively alienate me from what I wrote. I prefer to have a grasp on how the mod works. ;)

1) "Optronics parts" is in "Evidense" category, should be in components

A fair point.

2) In Cult of apoc mission, portal to Doom dimension sprite is over unit(see screenshot attach)

Probably because it's an object which pretends to be a wall... Not gonna lie, I don't know how exactly this works.

3) Not real bug but. On Skymarshall exit rout terrain objectts can be swawned and can block exit. See "BUG-Exit.sav" - tank can't exit Skymarshall. In theory 2 bushes can be spawned and operatives will be blocked too.

This can happen with almost any vehicle and is pretty much as designed.

Offline Frenzyk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: March 31, 2023, 02:43:07 pm »
Probably because it's an object which pretends to be a wall... Not gonna lie, I don't know how exactly this works.
Myabe make some redesign of this location: put something on the floor to prevent operative to step on this tile?

Found another one. Prison riot. Prison 3rd floor have overhung wall tile.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: March 31, 2023, 03:39:04 pm »
Myabe make some redesign of this location: put something on the floor to prevent operative to step on this tile?

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Not even necessary to put anything physical there, it's brimming with energies and scary AF.

Found another one. Prison riot. Prison 3rd floor have overhung wall tile.

Lol, sorry.

Both fixes applied. Thanks!

Offline Moth_Of_Decay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: April 02, 2023, 05:07:11 pm »
Recently started playing 2.8 with a couple of sub-mods. Noticed there was an item in the buy menu titled STR_NANORIFLE (or something like that) and after a few months I had a STR_HAUNTED_HOTEL mission show up with equally missing info. How does one go about debugging this sort of thing and finding the cause? Apologies if this is ultra-basic stuff, but I'm not a modder myself.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: April 02, 2023, 06:31:48 pm »
If strings fail to show, it's either a mod that's not installed right or outright buggy.

String live in 'Language' and extrastrings.rul files (although the latter need not be named thus).

What mods are you using? And a save might be of a bit of use as well, if for nothing else then skipping some tedius setup for the debugging person.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: April 03, 2023, 05:14:43 pm »
Yeah, just run a search of the whole mods directory. It's bound to appear somewhere.

Offline Moth_Of_Decay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: April 03, 2023, 10:31:32 pm »
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - turned out to just be the arsenal additions mod. Looks like the github master version has a few differences from the older version I had pulled from the io page ages ago, and I was bumbling about assuming it was something else since the haunted hotel mission type didn't exist previously.

Offline Frenzyk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: April 04, 2023, 08:40:26 pm »
1) I got this event with "Parcel from the syndicate..."(or something like that). The thing is I terminated syndicate long ago, so assume this event also should not happen. Also nothing happens after I done research of parcel, so I wonder what should happen in case if syndicate existed?

2) I terminated Church of Dagon, but "T'leth Embassy" missions still appears. Is it by design?

3) Music.
3.1) Technomancers. HL logo intro theme is very short, thus it's very, VERY annoying.
3.2) Alien theme. In general Alien Shooter theme is not intrusive and fits well. But you have sooo many alien missions... is it possible to associate more that one track with the mission and add some diversity?

4) It is possible to research hovertank Tratanium RL before simple tank and if done so it will lack of ammunition. With other types of tanks you can't research hover before simple tank.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:06:17 pm by Frenzyk »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: April 05, 2023, 01:20:58 am »
I'm still caught in a loop with the UAC moon mission (code book). Keeps repeating over and over again.
I replaced the code that I found here  but still no difference.
https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/commit/8c90de4f59148e6d055e6c3dea1c44903b751d40#diff-ab75e4e4a08769823d6606d43d05140488890a65a90049a21af139360c4f5385L443-R451

Maybe my saves have become unusable, i have no idea.

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: April 05, 2023, 02:09:56 am »
Yo, I'm back from the land of burned motherboard. Sorry, took me a while!

I understand that you have some reason to report this, but that's not what I'm seeing in the files:

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_MATEBA_BUY
    cost: 2
    lookup: STR_MATEBA
    dependencies:
      - STR_MAGNUM_BUY
      - STR_SHOTGUN_BUY
      - STR_NONSTANDARD_WEAPONS

Could you please explain what exactly is not working? That Mateba/Kludge research branch is, by necessity, a clustertruck of links.

Simply put, I researched the mateba aquisition, which showed the stats for the mateba and allowed it to be purchased.  However researching "The mateba acquisition" did not unlock or lead to "The Kludge or Mateba aquisition" which is needed to both see the stats for and purchase the .454 ammo used for both guns.  I was not able to see/purchase the ammo until I researched the kludge aquisition as well.  It didn't really matter, but felt clunky and not intended. 

From what I know about the research tree, I believe this occured because "the Mateba aquisition" leads to "The Kludge or Mateba aquisition", while "The Kludge aquisition" Unlocks "The Kludge or Mateba aquisition".  The "The Kludge or Mateba aquisition" does not have a research time in the tech tree viewer, so I don't think you can research it directly, it has to be unlocked by "the kludge aquisition".

Sorry this is a bit of a mess of words.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: April 05, 2023, 11:44:59 am »
I'm still caught in a loop with the UAC moon mission (code book). Keeps repeating over and over again.
I replaced the code that I found here  but still no difference.
https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/commit/8c90de4f59148e6d055e6c3dea1c44903b751d40#diff-ab75e4e4a08769823d6606d43d05140488890a65a90049a21af139360c4f5385L443-R451

Maybe my saves have become unusable, i have no idea.

I have the same issue.
I also noticed the M.A.G.M.A Reactor Malfunction mission comes back sometimes the next month.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: April 05, 2023, 11:46:51 am »
2) I terminated Church of Dagon, but "T'leth Embassy" missions still appears. Is it by design?

You get this because you have not finished the underwater story arc (destroy the T'Leth Tasoth Factory)

Offline Frenzyk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: April 05, 2023, 09:18:31 pm »
1) Missing corner wall
2) Misssing text

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: April 06, 2023, 06:37:49 am »
Want to upgrade my headquarters on first base, but it says "facility in use", although I'm not conducting any research. Also I can't buld new one, cause only one is allowed per base.
The Headquarters provides 25 storage space and you storages are almost full.