aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1108753 times)

Offline Totoro

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3630 on: April 07, 2023, 06:50:59 pm »
I have the same issue.

Same here on version 2.8. After capturing and interrogating the Ethereal Commander + researching the then opened up hijacking comms line, I started to get the UAC moon mission again (which I already completed - not through code book capture btw but by elimination), and not the MiB lunar base one. So I'm stuck in the storyline.

Waiting over 2 game years after all doable research is done before an Arbiter shows up is also quite frustrating. My previous run was on 2.6., much smoother experience in terms of game progression. One quick fix could be to give the Ethereal Commander a different color than the other Ethereals, and maybe add one in some alien Bases or some such on occasion?

Other than that, since it is my first post => Thank you for creating this Mod! Been xcom fan since the very beginning, and this is quite the joy to play.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: April 07, 2023, 10:22:33 pm »
I have the same issue.
I also noticed the M.A.G.M.A Reactor Malfunction mission comes back sometimes the next month.

I think the M.A.G.M.A Reactor Malfunction missions do spawn every 4 to 6 weeks (but I might be wrong).

The problem of not being able to progress any further in the game though (Past the The UAC code book mission) has me dead in the water.
Without the MIB lunar moon mission, I'm out of luck.

Offline Frenzyk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: April 08, 2023, 12:21:01 am »
The Headquarters provides 25 storage space and you storages are almost full.

thnx. Think it worth to menthin this in ufopedia page

Got Magneto-Plasma Gun from Osiron crate. I can use it without research, but can't get it's stats. Is it by design? I can't use star cannon before research.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 09:48:39 pm by Frenzyk »

Offline Totoro

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: April 08, 2023, 06:03:07 pm »
The problem of not being able to progress any further in the game though (Past the The UAC code book mission) has me dead in the water.
Without the MIB lunar moon mission, I'm out of luck.

Maybe have a quick fix for you that worked for me. Wait until the mission pops up on the geoscape, save the game, quit. Then open up the saved game with any text editor (I  used notepad). Search for "STR_MIB_LUNAR_BASE_LANDING". For me it was halfway down in the save file or so.

That line should be something like: "    type: STR_MIB_LUNAR_BASE_LANDING". Below that line you should have: "deployment: STR_MOON_UAC_BASE_LANDING". If you do, replace the "STR_MOON_UAC_BASE_LANDING" part with "STR_MIB_LUNAR_BASE_LANDING".

That worked for me. It changes the mission location to the right one. Storyline progressed normal after succesfully completing that mission for me too. Be sure to backup your save file before you change anything, just in case stuff goes wrong.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 06:04:48 pm by Totoro »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: April 08, 2023, 10:47:50 pm »
That line should be something like: "    type: STR_MIB_LUNAR_BASE_LANDING". Below that line you should have: "deployment: STR_MOON_UAC_BASE_LANDING". If you do, replace the "STR_MOON_UAC_BASE_LANDING" part with "STR_MIB_LUNAR_BASE_LANDING".

It's a great idea, I thank you kindly for responding. You think a lot like I do, sometimes you can get around somethings by getting creative.
However, I don't think it will work in my case. That mission is crashing the game for me (STR_MIB_LUNAR_BASE_LANDING). I can't even do it as a quick battle.

It could be my own fault IDK.
I copied some of the code from github and replaced the lines in Alien deployments. Still no work though.

Appreciate the time you took out to offer a solution though. I'll try it anyway and see where it gets me. Great idea.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: April 08, 2023, 11:21:26 pm »
I thought Solarius fixed the moon regions on Github? Are you saying that if you use his regions_XCOMFILES.rul, globe_XCOMFILES.rul and alienDeployments_XCOMFILES.rul, the issue still persists?

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: April 09, 2023, 07:14:40 pm »
I thought Solarius fixed the moon regions on Github? Are you saying that if you use his regions_XCOMFILES.rul, globe_XCOMFILES.rul and alienDeployments_XCOMFILES.rul, the issue still persists?

Yes indeed. I replaced all the lines I found on github and still get this crash. i believe it's A fatal error has occurred: Map generator encountered an error: Unknown race:  defined in deployment: STR_MIB_LUNAR_BASE_LANDING

I attached a log

Offline Frenzyk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: April 09, 2023, 10:05:27 pm »
1) Reptoid Commando missing description
2) Dragonfire Turret missing combat analysis
3) Shogg studies tends to yield nothing for several times(3 in my case), before disappearing. Probably because I had shogg artefacts I researched after "Shogg studies" was open. Also not sure it contains all. In my mind it should contains autopsy of reptoid commando, leader, antman, spider king. Also spider queen was mentioned ins king's description but no research for it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:13:15 pm by Frenzyk »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: April 09, 2023, 10:48:37 pm »
Yes indeed. I replaced all the lines I found on github and still get this crash. i believe it's A fatal error has occurred: Map generator encountered an error: Unknown race:  defined in deployment: STR_MIB_LUNAR_BASE_LANDING
That is very strange. Can you post your alienDeployments_XCOMFILES.rul, alienRaces_XCOMFILES.rul and alienMissions_XCOMFILES.rul?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: April 10, 2023, 12:49:20 pm »
Hmm... Frankly I don't understand why this has happened. This base (STR_HYBRID_EMBASSY_ASSAULT) shouldn't have the race STR_ZSRR at all, it should have STR_HYBRID. I understand that it used to be a STR_ZSRR base (STR_CULT_GREATEST_MANOR_ZSRR_ASSAULT), but after the base upgrade, it should no longer be the case...
...but here we are. I seriously don't know why and how.

I have added logging (in the save file) to track base upgrade details.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: April 10, 2023, 03:15:19 pm »
That is very strange. Can you post your alienDeployments_XCOMFILES.rul, alienRaces_XCOMFILES.rul and alienMissions_XCOMFILES.rul?

Thanks Juku. i really appreciate it.
I may have made an error pasting the code in from github, so this could be self inflicted. But I was pretty careful and double checked my work.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: April 10, 2023, 04:05:03 pm »
Well, I don't really understand what's going on. I have the exact same files, and also my manual region fixes which are effectively the same as Solarius', the MiB race is well defined there, and I can take your "UAC Moon Keeps spawning.sav", wait until the moon mission spawns and get black Sectopods on the Moon and everything.

Did you try just installing the Github version to some other location, pasting your save over and seeing what happens then?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: April 10, 2023, 06:21:42 pm »
With the latest update, enemies in some Dimension X missions have been acting indefinitely. For their progress, I even have to click on the sign "the application is not responding" several times. So far, this has happened to me on the two final cyberweb missions. At the same time, other large-scale missions not related to changing x are played perfectly.

I haven't had any other such reports. Please provide a save, is possible.

Has this been clarified or solved?
Do we have a save?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 06:40:46 pm by Meridian »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: April 10, 2023, 06:38:54 pm »
Yes, a save file would definitely be helpful.

@Chuckebaby

Can you upload the save in question, provided you haven't managed to solve this in the meantime?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 06:45:39 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: April 11, 2023, 01:09:04 am »
Yes, a save file would definitely be helpful.

@Chuckebaby

Can you upload the save in question, provided you haven't managed to solve this in the meantime?

Thank you Krautbernd, I really appreciate the help.

I should probably mention it. I have one mod I set up to create larger storage limits I increased facilities_XCOMFILES storage to 1000.
I can't see how this would affect the issue I'm having now though. I simply went in and edited the original and increased the size.

Here's a save game file. again, I appreciate you.