Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1105916 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3645 on: April 11, 2023, 03:41:01 am »
Well, the problem is in your setup, not in the save. I can get to black Sectopods on moon rocks with it just fine.

Can you make a version at the beginning of the month where the spawn has been set in the save but not revealed yet?

Also, what about a separate install, as I asked earlier?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 03:42:43 am by Juku121 »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: April 11, 2023, 11:37:40 am »
Thank you Krautbernd, I really appreciate the help.

I should probably mention it. I have one mod I set up to create larger storage limits I increased facilities_XCOMFILES storage to 1000.
I can't see how this would affect the issue I'm having now though. I simply went in and edited the original and increased the size.

Here's a save game file. again, I appreciate you.

I might be missing something here, but I don't see the MIB mission spawned or being spawned. I wasn't asking you to upload a random save, I was asking you to upload a save that demonstrates the bug you are encountering. Sorry if this was unclear.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 11, 2023, 04:39:40 pm »
I might be missing something here, but I don't see the MIB mission spawned or being spawned. I wasn't asking you to upload a random save, I was asking you to upload a save that demonstrates the bug you are encountering. Sorry if this was unclear.

My apologies as I probably wasn't clear in describing what is actually going on.
I can not proceed any further than the UAC code book mission. The "MIB lunar base landing" mission never spawns for me.

However I Can try to load it up (as a "New battle") on the New battle/load screen. But that is where I get the crash. (Those were the error logs i posted earlier).

You could try to repro it by doing a New battle and choose MIB lunar base landing but I'm not sure that is going to make any difference. I believe something in either my save files or my install files has gone to shit.

Also, what about a separate install, as I asked earlier?

Do I just install a new version side by side to the old one ? Sorry I lost you on that bro.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 11, 2023, 06:37:57 pm »
The "MIB lunar base landing" mission never spawns for me.
Well, it does spawn. It just used to convert itself to the UAC moon mission. Now, I don't really know.

Do I just install a new version side by side to the old one ?
Probably the easiest, yeah. Make a new directory, install OXCE, paste over your current user data, paste the Github version into 'user/mods'.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3649 on: April 13, 2023, 12:53:49 pm »
1) I got this event with "Parcel from the syndicate..."(or something like that). The thing is I terminated syndicate long ago, so assume this event also should not happen. Also nothing happens after I done research of parcel, so I wonder what should happen in case if syndicate existed?

It definitely should happen after the Syndicate's destruction.

2) I terminated Church of Dagon, but "T'leth Embassy" missions still appears. Is it by design?

Yes, there is a small chance.

3.1) Technomancers. HL logo intro theme is very short, thus it's very, VERY annoying.

Hmm, maybe? Nobody has complained about it before, but fair enough. I thought it looped rather well, but it's a matter of taste.
I need more feedback.

3.2) Alien theme. In general Alien Shooter theme is not intrusive and fits well. But you have sooo many alien missions... is it possible to associate more that one track with the mission and add some diversity?

Hmm, I assign tracks one by one to missions (rather than having an array).I probably could change it, but it's not trivial. Maybe I could simply add more music for specific UFOs or something...

4) It is possible to research hovertank Tratanium RL before simple tank and if done so it will lack of ammunition. With other types of tanks you can't research hover before simple tank.

All right, I'll add Tank/Tritanium Rocket Launcher as a prerequisite.

I'm still caught in a loop with the UAC moon mission (code book). Keeps repeating over and over again.
I replaced the code that I found here  but still no difference.
https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/commit/8c90de4f59148e6d055e6c3dea1c44903b751d40#diff-ab75e4e4a08769823d6606d43d05140488890a65a90049a21af139360c4f5385L443-R451

Maybe my saves have become unusable, i have no idea.

Hmm... I can't say more without a save, sorry.

Simply put, I researched the mateba aquisition, which showed the stats for the mateba and allowed it to be purchased.  However researching "The mateba acquisition" did not unlock or lead to "The Kludge or Mateba aquisition" which is needed to both see the stats for and purchase the .454 ammo used for both guns.

Aha! I see the problem now. Thank you!

I also noticed the M.A.G.M.A Reactor Malfunction mission comes back sometimes the next month.

Yes, it's possible, just not very likely.

1) Missing corner wall
2) Misssing text

Thanks, both fixed.

Same here on version 2.8.

2.8 is borked. I'm more worried about reports from players using 2.9, after the fix. Still, Juku's investigation results are a hopeful sign.

Waiting over 2 game years after all doable research is done before an Arbiter shows up is also quite frustrating. My previous run was on 2.6., much smoother experience in terms of game progression. One quick fix could be to give the Ethereal Commander a different color than the other Ethereals, and maybe add one in some alien Bases or some such on occasion?

Maybe not in bases, as the whole point is to circumvent the aliens' security (including not putting guys with critical information on the frontlines). But making a custom sprite is possible.

Other than that, since it is my first post => Thank you for creating this Mod! Been xcom fan since the very beginning, and this is quite the joy to play.

Thank you so much! :)

1) Reptoid Commando missing description

I can't see anything missing. Most combat analysis articles contain no text, unless they have shields or other special features.

2) Dragonfire Turret missing combat analysis

I think I know why, and I think I fixed it. :)

3) Shogg studies tends to yield nothing for several times(3 in my case), before disappearing. Probably because I had shogg artefacts I researched after "Shogg studies" was open. Also not sure it contains all. In my mind it should contains autopsy of reptoid commando, leader, antman, spider king. Also spider queen was mentioned ins king's description but no research for it.

I don't follow. How can you research one project 3 times?

I have added logging (in the save file) to track base upgrade details.

Thanks, that's useful.

Has this been clarified or solved?
Do we have a save?

I haven't received any further info, sorry.

Offline Stealth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 13, 2023, 04:56:41 pm »
Unlocking the Mateba does not unlock the ammo for it unless you also unlock the Kludge. I'm assuming this isn't intentional?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 13, 2023, 06:20:47 pm »
Unlocking the Mateba does not unlock the ammo for it unless you also unlock the Kludge. I'm assuming this isn't intentional?

This has literally been adressed in the preceeding post.

Offline Frenzyk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: April 13, 2023, 10:45:06 pm »
It definitely should happen after the Syndicate's destruction.
I made research - nothing happened. What should be opened/happen? Encoded message, that I got from ring?

Hmm, maybe? Nobody has complained about it before, but fair enough. I thought it looped rather well, but it's a matter of taste.
I need more feedback.
I'm usually not very picky at such things, but it really annoying. And it drives my wife insane=)))

Hmm, I assign tracks one by one to missions (rather than having an array). I probably could change it, but it's not trivial. Maybe I could simply add more music for specific UFOs or something...
Good idea

I can't see anything missing. Most combat analysis articles contain no text, unless they have shields or other special features.
I mean article. Like Some lore article + combat analysis. Although research completion window is empty like there is even no combat analysis.

I don't follow. How can you research one project 3 times?
Same as interrogations I think. You can research leaders to yield different techs. If you started project at different bases in parallel you can encounter situation, when nothing more to yield from particular alien class and you do research for nothing. But in this case I made "Shogg studies" project successively in one base, it yielded something at start, but then 3 times it yielded nothing, before finally disappear. Here is the save. Engine v.7.8, mod v.2.8
Checked it again and result is different. One empty research before disappear, so my guess is there some shogg techs without ufopedia record, like Reptoid Commando or Wrecked Syndicate bot.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 06:22:29 pm by Frenzyk »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 13, 2023, 11:36:27 pm »
I made research - nothing happened. What should be opened/happen?
Nothing. It's a remnant from the time when there were embassies and their keys, which may or may not get reworked into something else.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: April 14, 2023, 05:46:10 am »
I started a new batch in the current patch about two weeks ago. I have encountered such a phenomenon that zombie infectors do not appear in my game, although everything has been studied for a long time, and the invasion will begin soon.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 14, 2023, 06:34:48 pm »
Can you upload the save in question? Infectors only spawn in medium infestations which are locked behind reasearch and liek all missions are also rng-based. You might simply have bad luck with spawns and/or are missing the necessary reasearch.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: April 15, 2023, 07:39:43 am »
this

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: April 15, 2023, 07:41:47 am »
For reference. All studies have been completed for another 2-3 months. Since then, there have been 20 times a zombie attack, and just many times zombies in the form of life form missions.

Offline Frenzyk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 15, 2023, 12:39:11 pm »
Nothing. It's a remnant from the time when there were embassies and their keys, which may or may not get reworked into something else.

Then it's good Idea to disable this event for now.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: April 15, 2023, 12:48:49 pm »
this

Nothing wrong from what I can tell, I fast-forwarded a month and actually got a medium infestation with an infector. Looks simply like bad rng to me.