Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072258 times)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3570 on: February 24, 2023, 03:40:38 pm »
I guess I misunderstood how rounding works.

It is not your 'misunderstanding' of rounding that is at fault here. The assumption that C++ uses normal rounding rules in this scenario on the other hand ... ;-)

I would not be surprised if the code responsible for recovery uses integer math: That will always round towards zero, unless special provisions are taken.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3571 on: February 24, 2023, 04:19:41 pm »
I would not be surprised if the code responsible for recovery uses integer math: That will always round towards zero, unless special provisions are taken.

Actually it was way less subtle than that, but I won't be digging my own grave here... :D

Just kidding, I assumed it was in percentage, not actual dividers. So I set 50 where it was supposed to be 2.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: February 24, 2023, 07:03:53 pm »
It is not your 'misunderstanding' of rounding that is at fault here. The assumption that C++ uses normal rounding rules in this scenario on the other hand ... ;-)

I think the dividers rounding down is intentional.
The intent is for it to be used on multi-tile items, such as UFO walls and such, right? So let's say that 49% of a massive item was pulverized. Should you still get the whole item when there is only 51% of it left?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 08:00:30 pm by Mathel »

Offline Ciorba

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: February 25, 2023, 05:44:59 am »
There seems to be a typo of sorts in the CultGreatestManorEXALT 1-7 mission weights:
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_CULT_MANOR_EXALT_ASSAULT: 80
        STR_CULT_GREATER_MANOR_EXALT_ASSAULT: 15
        STR_CULT_GREATEST_MANOR_EXALT_ASSAULT: 15

The last line is probably meant to be 5 for 100 total, like the initial mission and the other factions' equivalent missions.
(Thank you so much for the rebalance on the manor missions frequency by the way.)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: February 25, 2023, 05:21:08 pm »
There seems to be a typo of sorts in the CultGreatestManorEXALT 1-7 mission weights:
The last line is probably meant to be 5 for 100 total, like the initial mission and the other factions' equivalent missions.
(Thank you so much for the rebalance on the manor missions frequency by the way.)

Yes, it's a typo, thank you. Fixed.
By the way, it's not wrong if those numbers don't add up to 100, but I usually do that anyway for easier reading.

Offline ClaireTheApocalypse

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: February 27, 2023, 12:32:55 pm »
Church of Dagon grim ritual site event says that it subtracts 50 points, but it actually only subtracts 25.

Edit: In fact, most of these Church of Dagon events say they subtract more points than they actually do.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:34:59 pm by ClaireTheApocalypse »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: February 27, 2023, 02:27:47 pm »
Church of Dagon grim ritual site event says that it subtracts 50 points, but it actually only subtracts 25.

Edit: In fact, most of these Church of Dagon events say they subtract more points than they actually do.

Thanks. I found only 2 cases though (Grim Ritual and Gone With the Fish).

I'll comb all cult events for more, just in case.

Offline plainer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: February 27, 2023, 02:45:12 pm »
Path preview bug. I can add a save file if needed ((added a file)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 02:55:51 pm by plainer »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: February 27, 2023, 02:52:52 pm »
Path preview bug. I can add a save file if needed.

Please do add a save file. I'm not sure what I'm looking at - some issues with the trees?

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: February 27, 2023, 03:38:29 pm »
From the looks of the image i'd suspect the reporter is missing the yellow preview squares containing the numbers "21" and "17".

Going even further.
Judging from the black triangle just above the "next soldier button" this is because the ground tiles have not yet been discovered.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: March 04, 2023, 03:54:05 pm »
Path preview bug. I can add a save file if needed ((added a file)
Please post this in OXCE bug subforum,  I don't think this is XCF related. Path preview is a OXCE feature.

@Solarius

One of the tiles on the top floor of the high rise building (data seizure / CEO arrest) is still missing entirely. Looking at the map view is there is just a gaping hole in the floor north of the elevator shaft. I mean it's not all that surprising given what I've seen in commercial buildings, but usually not on the top floor where the CEO and higher ups are located. Maybe move that "feature" down a couple of floors? ;)

EDIT:

I already reported this back in 2019:

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5047.msg110428.html#msg110428

This can't be that hard to fix, can it?

EDIT 2:

Fixed map file attached, but you might want to have a look at it since it's from an older compilation of MapView that I still had on my harddrive.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 08:22:51 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: March 04, 2023, 04:12:40 pm »
I edited your post to make the images not so huge, as it makes them hard to view. Just use [img width=640] (or whatever value you want; I used 800 in this case) instead of just [img].

Some of the tiles on the top floor of the high rise building (data seizure / CEO arrest) still aren't solid and can be shot, seen and fallen through. It's basically just carpet on top of a hole. Not all that unusual given what I've seen in commercial buildings, but usually not on the CEO floor.

If it's not about the elevator shaft, then I have no goddamn idea what you mean. Sorry.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: March 04, 2023, 04:23:27 pm »
If it's not about the elevator shaft, then I have no goddamn idea what you mean. Sorry.

What part of "there is a missing floor tile next to the elevator shaft" do you have trouble understanding?

There is literally a hole in the floor next to the elevator shaft. I am not an architect and at best an amateur map creator, but this strikes me as a counterintuitive feature given the existence of both a stairwell and the elevator shaft your are referring to.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 04:48:12 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: March 04, 2023, 08:30:43 pm »
It appears that while I fixed the problem a long time ago, I forgot to copy the map file to the game. Now fixed.

I appreciate the report.

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: March 06, 2023, 01:09:55 am »
A very minor thing, but is the mateba aquisition supposed to be an "unlocked by" instead of a "depends on" for "the kludge or mateba aquisition?  Currently you need to research kludge acquisition to unlock "the kludge or mateba aquisition" which feels unintended.  You need "the kludge or mateba aquisition" to buy the .454 ammo for both guns, and to see the ammo stats in the ufopedia.