Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071557 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3270 on: September 11, 2022, 05:38:12 pm »
It hapend again with OXCE 7.7. Do you have a plan for the next XCom Files release?

Why? What's the point of having a giant death ray that's meant to vaporize things and then not vaporize things? Easiest solution - don't use giant death rays if you don't want to vaporize stuff.

Offline MoonKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: September 11, 2022, 05:45:08 pm »
Right, there was such a problem, but now is fixed on my end.
Next release: after next OXCE release.
It happend again with OXCE 7.7. Do you have a plan for the next XCom Files release?

Offline Irismono

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: September 13, 2022, 04:30:33 am »
Spawned in a lake. No biggie since there aren't any civilians, but still, spawned in a lake.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 12:19:29 pm by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3273 on: September 18, 2022, 04:44:32 pm »
Hello! Long time no see, since most of the past month was holiday time for me. Now I'm back!

Get crush on hybrid embassy assault. Game says that there is no exalt with rank 13. Log+save included(van just canceled from starting assault on this embassy).

This must be an ancient save. And indeed, it can't work, as this race doesn't exist since version 1.8 (ancient history by now).

Solution: change the race STR_ADVENT in your save to STR_HYBRID. Or delete the entire base. Or just start a new campaign.

I encountered a map bug where I can't reach an enemy and he can't too. A mission where you disguise as construction workers and arm only with melee weapons. Against Exalt. One guy is on fourth level platforms, he can't get down and I can't kill him without firearms.

I can upload save file, if you are interested.

Save please, if you still have it.

It hapend again with OXCE 7.7. Do you have a plan for the next XCom Files release?

Why wouldn't this happen? This is literally how the feature was designed in OXCE (not by me).

And yeah, next version is coming very soon. You can use the GitHub version as well, should be fine (but naturally, it is untested).

Spawned in a lake. No biggie since there aren't any civilians, but still, spawned in a lake.

Fukken HOW... >:(

No, seriously, I can't see from the code how it's possible, lol. Would you perhaps have a save?

Offline vovapal

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: September 22, 2022, 04:15:54 pm »
This must be an ancient save. And indeed, it can't work, as this race doesn't exist since version 1.8 (ancient history by now).

Solution: change the race STR_ADVENT in your save to STR_HYBRID. Or delete the entire base. Or just start a new campaign.
oh but it was started in version 2.5 im currently playing, mb submode done shit with it. Thank you anyway for reply, but i kinda "fixed" it by tampering around files and deleting unit rank #13. Want to purge foul xenos in this save so will continue straggle. This try is number 13 so it should go smoothly, right?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: September 22, 2022, 06:25:14 pm »
oh but it was started in version 2.5 im currently playing, mb submode done shit with it. Thank you anyway for reply, but i kinda "fixed" it by tampering around files and deleting unit rank #13. Want to purge foul xenos in this save so will continue straggle. This try is number 13 so it should go smoothly, right?

Sorry dude, my bad. I mixed up two cases.

Anyway, this base is supposed to be a hybrid base, so I don't know what the hell EXALT is doing there - they should have moved out. I don't think it's a bug in the mod, or I'd bet getting lots of such reports. Maybe you have outdated OXCE?

As for solving the issue temporarily, yeah you could delete the entry in alienDeployments, but it'll be easier and safer to just expend the EXALT rank. Simply take the file attached and overwrite in your mod; then you'll be able to play the mission (albeit with EXALT instead of hybrids).

Offline vovapal

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: September 22, 2022, 07:14:47 pm »
Sorry dude, my bad. I mixed up two cases.
Anyway, this base is supposed to be a hybrid base, so I don't know what the hell EXALT is doing there - they should have moved out. I don't think it's a bug in the mod, or I'd bet getting lots of such reports. Maybe you have outdated OXCE?
As for solving the issue temporarily, yeah you could delete the entry in alienDeployments, but it'll be easier and safer to just expend the EXALT rank. Simply take the file attached and overwrite in your mod; then you'll be able to play the mission (albeit with EXALT instead of hybrids).

It's ok, everyone makes mistakes sometimes :)
I'll check OXCE version, couse i dont even remember where and when i got it. Now when you mentioned that game said smt about it back at first launch...

Offline Slow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: September 23, 2022, 08:30:42 am »
Save please, if you still have it.

Here's a save file, where I can't reach the enemy and he can't get down too. It's from 2.5 version of the mod.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: September 23, 2022, 12:01:52 pm »
Here's a save file, where I can't reach the enemy and he can't get down too. It's from 2.5 version of the mod.

Thank you very much.

This is a very rare case, as a very specific mapblock arrangement was needed. This generally should not happen, but on such a small map, there simply wasn't enough stairs (there are some, but not to this specific section - it's blocked off).

If I were playing this, my solution would be to lure the enemy down by taunting it with one visible X-Com unit.

Offline Slow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: September 23, 2022, 01:14:55 pm »
Thank you very much.

This is a very rare case, as a very specific mapblock arrangement was needed. This generally should not happen, but on such a small map, there simply wasn't enough stairs (there are some, but not to this specific section - it's blocked off).

If I were playing this, my solution would be to lure the enemy down by taunting it with one visible X-Com unit.

Enemy guy perfectly sees my men, but can't jump down becouse of railings. Anyway, it doesn't matter, after 2.6 patch I started a new game.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: September 23, 2022, 03:36:28 pm »
Enemy guy perfectly sees my men, but can't jump down becouse of railings. Anyway, it doesn't matter, after 2.6 patch I started a new game.

He can still use the ladder. But well, still kinda awkward.

Offline Slow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: September 30, 2022, 03:17:31 pm »
Another stucking bug, this time with lone Shambler. He spawned in the corner of the map, behind the rocks. There's two paths out, they are only one grid width and Shambler being 2x2 grid creature, can't pass.

This bug made killing him very easy.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 02, 2022, 06:10:33 pm »
Another stucking bug, this time with lone Shambler. He spawned in the corner of the map, behind the rocks. There's two paths out, they are only one grid width and Shambler being 2x2 grid creature, can't pass.

This bug made killing him very easy.

Yeah it happens - very rarely. I'll address it.

EDIT: found and fixed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 06:29:47 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline termidor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 03, 2022, 09:23:52 pm »
Small bug I find - if doing an HQ early the message from the cult doesn't seem to appear on time. Did dagon HQ on  november 97 but got the final message (for cult assault) on feb 98

Offline Irismono

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 04, 2022, 09:59:19 am »
Fukken HOW... >:(

No, seriously, I can't see from the code how it's possible, lol. Would you perhaps have a save?
Save is attatched to my original post, apologies for the late reply.