aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071734 times)

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2505 on: July 04, 2020, 03:22:24 am »
What exactly triggers tritanium ammo being shown on ufopedia pages of relevant guns? I thought it was the research for the ammo itself, but seemingly not.
In my current campaign, I've just suddenly noticed tritanium ammo being displayed for all guns, which can use it. But I haven't researched anything relating to tritanium ammo, yet. Besides the guns themselves, of course.

I went back to an earlier save (-1 month), where I had just researched a black ops weapon and lo, no tritanium ammo visible on its ufopedia page.

I looked a the save (the current one) and indeed, research topics of those ammo types are listed under 'discovered'. But how did it happen?

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: July 04, 2020, 10:06:09 am »
Two things. First, the Sorcerers of Dagon don't seem to be able to use the Staff of Heart's Grip correctly- when they're equipped with it, they just bash my guys over the head with it instead of using its special attack. Second, the pig bite and the space technomad processing don't seem to have names set for them so it's referred to by something like "STR_PIG_BITE".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2507 on: July 04, 2020, 11:25:25 am »
Solarius, are the missile-racks in the M.A.G.M.A./Industrial-type maps suppsoed to be duds? I just shot one hoping it would take down a group of zombies and was sadly disappointed.

Both types explode, but the effect is rather weak. I'll bump it up.

What exactly triggers tritanium ammo being shown on ufopedia pages of relevant guns? I thought it was the research for the ammo itself, but seemingly not.

In my current campaign, I've just suddenly noticed tritanium ammo being displayed for all guns, which can use it. But I haven't researched anything relating to tritanium ammo, yet. Besides the guns themselves, of course.

Depends on the weapon. There is no simple answer to this.

Which weapons do you mean? BlackOps? M.A.G.M.A.? UAC? Or maybe generic ones?

Two things. First, the Sorcerers of Dagon don't seem to be able to use the Staff of Heart's Grip correctly- when they're equipped with it, they just bash my guys over the head with it instead of using its special attack.

I think I know why... This weapon uses Readiness, and they don't have this stat, since they're non-X-Com. Darn, fixing this won't be easy... Thanks for the notification.

Second, the pig bite and the space technomad processing don't seem to have names set for them so it's referred to by something like "STR_PIG_BITE".

Indeed the string missed description, but I have no idea why it would be called STR_PIG_BITE... Well, I fixed it, we will see.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 12:43:17 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: July 04, 2020, 01:24:20 pm »
Which weapons do you mean? BlackOps? M.A.G.M.A.? UAC? Or maybe generic ones?
BlackOps pistol, smg, magnum and the normal magnum and shotgun.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 01:35:32 pm by Bananas_Akimbo »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: July 04, 2020, 05:33:20 pm »
These clips only show when they're researched. For example, tritanium shotgun shells can be unlocked either by finding and researching such a clip, or by researching Shotgun Tritanium Shells Manufacturing (which requires Tritanium Ammunition and Shotgun researches).

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: July 04, 2020, 08:08:45 pm »
These clips only show when they're researched. For example, tritanium shotgun shells can be unlocked either by finding and researching such a clip, or by researching Shotgun Tritanium Shells Manufacturing (which requires Tritanium Ammunition and Shotgun researches).
That's what I thought. But I haven't done any of that. The clips just showed up one day (or so it seems). Once I get time to play again, I'll try to retrace my steps on the old save and see, if I can make it happen again.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: July 04, 2020, 11:18:02 pm »
The HWP rangefinder seems to be broken- instead of costing 0 TU with 999% accuracy, it has 0% accuracy and costs 999 TU.

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: July 05, 2020, 02:59:47 am »
hmm, they appeared to work okay in testing, but I won't bet my arm on this. Would you maybe have a battle save?

Nope...
;w;

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: July 05, 2020, 03:01:32 am »
Not sure what you mean, all tavern missions were tested and worked okay.

Guns without ammo would sound worrying, but everything looks fine to me.

They happened on a easy rider mission...

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: July 05, 2020, 11:11:50 pm »
Not sure if this has changed recently, but is the Syndicate data seizure mission (high-rise) supposed to spawn with "regular" terrain instead of the parking lot?

EDIT:
I am currently running into a segfault that I believe to have traced back to transforming enemies trying to surrender. Case in point would be the cyberweb fortress in XCF, with the cyberweb technomad "suits" trying to surrender when i kill the last bot/mechanical enemy.

EDIT 2:
I also reported this in the OXCE-subforum:
I am encountering a segfault during the cyberweb fortress mission with a cyberweb spacesuit trying to surrender when i kill the last mechanical enemy on the map. When kill/force the suit to transform beforehand the crash doesn't occur.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:44:24 am by krautbernd »

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: July 06, 2020, 06:40:01 am »
The pig bite attack is still called STR_PIG_BITE in Ufopedia.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: July 06, 2020, 10:50:14 am »
The HWP rangefinder seems to be broken- instead of costing 0 TU with 999% accuracy, it has 0% accuracy and costs 999 TU.

That's totally intended. I'm not sure how it would even work otherwise.

They happened on a easy rider mission...

There is no Easy Rider mission in the mod yet. Not a single one.
I remember however that there were some tweaks early on, so if you have used the unreleased GitHub version, there might have been some shenanigans going on.

Not sure if this has changed recently, but is the Syndicate data seizure mission (high-rise) supposed to spawn with "regular" terrain instead of the parking lot?

Yeah, the parking lot terrain no longer exists.

EDIT:
I am currently running into a segfault that I believe to have traced back to transforming enemies trying to surrender. Case in point would be the cyberweb fortress in XCF, with the cyberweb technomad "suits" trying to surrender when i kill the last bot/mechanical enemy.

That's not good. Do you have a save maybe?
I can't see any issue with the code yet.

The pig bite attack is still called STR_PIG_BITE in Ufopedia.

Thanks, bad alias fixed.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: July 06, 2020, 11:44:58 am »
That's not good. Do you have a save maybe?
I can't see any issue with the code yet.

I do, but you'll either have to use two of my submods or I'll have to modify the save to switch soldier types and armors. Save and mods attached.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: July 06, 2020, 11:53:48 am »
This file should load fine without mods, segfault still happens when you kill the robot before killing the suit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: July 06, 2020, 05:08:34 pm »
OK, thanks!
I tested and didn't get a crash. Must be some older issue, no longer present in my version. I suggest getting an update from GitHub.