aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071934 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2430 on: May 30, 2020, 07:27:48 pm »
Why do they show up in land surveys, then?
Do they still give you points?

No, it's me being a ditz. Fixed.

My game crashes right after clicking "awords". I deleted the lines in the save responsible for the medals of the soldier Pavel Plamenev and crashes stopped.

Sorry, doesn't crash for me. ould be some installation issue.

Also, a small glitch in attachment. Female farmer seems to have her pitchfork levitate behind her arm on the graphic rather than being held, at least when facing in that direction.

All right, I'll check.

Do you happen to have a proper save?

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: May 31, 2020, 02:04:01 pm »
All right, I'll check.

Do you happen to have a proper save?
Sorry, didn't make any to send over at the time but I'll make sure to do so in the future should the issue remain unresolved and I'll stumble upon it again.

That aside, are all those weapon clips that aren't clips intentional? And just in case, can I get confirmation on the handcuffs and the like stuff from the previous post?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:46:30 pm by justaround »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: May 31, 2020, 03:43:28 pm »
I just had a military anti monster operation spawn ~30 spike boars, one armored car and thirteen soldiers, half of which died on the first turn. Is this intended? Because this seems kind of excessive considering the equipment I have right now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 03:47:46 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 31, 2020, 06:24:16 pm »
My game crashes right after clicking "awords". I deleted the lines in the save responsible for the medals of the soldier Pavel Plamenev and crashes stopped.

can you upload the crashing save?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: May 31, 2020, 06:51:32 pm »
That aside, are all those weapon clips that aren't clips intentional? And just in case, can I get confirmation on the handcuffs and the like stuff from the previous post?

Umm... Sorry, what? I have no idea what you mean.

I just had a military anti monster operation spawn ~30 spike boars, one armored car and thirteen soldiers, half of which died on the first turn. Is this intended? Because this seems kind of excessive considering the equipment I have right now.

Happens sometimes. Maybe Spikeboars aren't suitable for this kind of mission? They're pretty big and rather solitary...

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: May 31, 2020, 08:30:55 pm »
Happens sometimes. Maybe Spikeboars aren't suitable for this kind of mission? They're pretty big and rather solitary...
Yeah, and they can hit you from half-way across the map. I'd rather have them crop up on a mission I can abandon without getting penalized. They simply aren't on a level with other monsters.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 31, 2020, 09:00:35 pm »
Umm... Sorry, what? I have no idea what you mean.
Let me link it. It's just some earlier post that Meridian answered first part of but the later content went without any confirmation if it's a bug or intended etc.

Also, I was doing the Asylum mission, this time trying the "node way" rather than cleansing everything that moves and isn't human. However, a few issues: first, items I brought with me at the beginning of the mission were left outside of Entrance/evacuation tiles, meaning everything my agents didn't carry with them was lost. Second, apparently all civilians were counted as dead and the point malus from it was great enough that even succesful mission ended at a loss.

I really like that alternative way of doing the mission and I wouldn't mind more stuff like that but could there be some way to avoid similar issues so those alternative ways won't be simply worse? For example, killing all enemies upon node destruction?
Speaking of the node, is there any particular way of destroying it? I had to throw quite a few grenades (the only explosives I was allowed in the mission) and shoot at it from the floor below before it got destroyed.

Lastly, I really expected to be able to take stuff like rosary for the mission. It's categorized as junk item but even parapsychology research claimed we gotta try everything. So, being able to deck out my agents as exorcists seems pretty reasonable and good idea for a haunted asylum.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 02:12:08 am by justaround »

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: June 01, 2020, 12:02:26 am »
can you upload the crashing save?

Of course.
save and log

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: June 01, 2020, 12:27:19 am »
Your save has 5 invalid commendation decorations:

Code: [Select]
            - commendationName: STR_MEDAL_NIGHTOPS_NAME
              decorationLevel: 10

did you edit the save manually?

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: June 01, 2020, 05:25:58 am »
Your save has 5 invalid commendation decorations:

Code: [Select]
            - commendationName: STR_MEDAL_NIGHTOPS_NAME
              decorationLevel: 10

did you edit the save manually?

oh .. my mistake. Yes, I added the first operatives a medal for night missions. I thought that there were 10 grades, but I forgot that the zero medal is also a medal ...

xcomfan

« Reply #2440 on: June 02, 2020, 12:41:14 pm »
1.41a, not sure if it's intended but civilian are not suppose to handle tasers? In the "madman rampage" mission there is one wielding it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 12:47:16 pm by xcomfan »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 02, 2020, 02:28:18 pm »
[...]but civilian are not suppose to handle tasers?
Why?

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 02, 2020, 03:52:19 pm »
1.41a, not sure if it's intended but civilian are not suppose to handle tasers? In the "madman rampage" mission there is one wielding it.

So what do policemen in your hometown have holstered, a nerf gun?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: June 02, 2020, 03:54:01 pm »
Let me link it. It's just some earlier post that Meridian answered first part of but the later content went without any confirmation if it's a bug or intended etc.

Frankly I don't know what that post was about; something about M-clicking stuff in the sell screen, that's all I got from it, sorry. Meridian understood and answered, so I didn't bother. (Never even tried to M-click in that screen myself as a player.)

Also, I was doing the Asylum mission, this time trying the "node way" rather than cleansing everything that moves and isn't human. However, a few issues: first, items I brought with me at the beginning of the mission were left outside of Entrance/evacuation tiles, meaning everything my agents didn't carry with them was lost. Second, apparently all civilians were counted as dead and the point malus from it was great enough that even succesful mission ended at a loss.

Yes, there is no way around this.

I really like that alternative way of doing the mission and I wouldn't mind more stuff like that but could there be some way to avoid similar issues so those alternative ways won't be simply worse? For example, killing all enemies upon node destruction?

If it was possible, it would be used. :) Not like I haven't noticed...

Speaking of the node, is there any particular way of destroying it? I had to throw quite a few grenades (the only explosives I was allowed in the mission) and shoot at it from the floor below before it got destroyed.

I don't have anything specific in mind, various means work.

Lastly, I really expected to be able to take stuff like rosary for the mission. It's categorized as junk item but even parapsychology research claimed we gotta try everything. So, being able to deck out my agents as exorcists seems pretty reasonable and good idea for a haunted asylum.

Good point, I'll add this and similar stuff as a concealable.

xcomfan

« Reply #2444 on: June 02, 2020, 04:09:09 pm »

So what do policemen in your hometown have holstered, a nerf gun?

What's the point? It's unusual in real life...don't know i felt that a civilian equipped with a taser was strange, depend on the country laws if such devices may be sold to the public, whatever!

Edit: oh and sawed off is not conceleable, it is supposed to be i think...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:14:02 pm by xcomfan »