aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071876 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2220 on: February 17, 2020, 04:44:42 pm »
Small shotgun has the wrong HANDOB (looks like a regular shotgun).

Because I never made one. It's a shotgun, what difference would I make? I mean it's slightly smaller, okay, but it's just a handob. And making handobs is a pain, too. Nobody has reported it before, butvif it's a bother, I mayvdo something about it.

one small bug the webwear is described as a 2x3 item in file, the item itself only takes the place of a 2x2 item, but it's a 2x3 item, you can see it if you make a stack of it the number is at the bottom of the sprite.

Thanks, fixed.

link=topic=5047.msg123685#msg123685 date=1581947783]from a deep one mission I got 3 Human sacrifice, and has no research linked to it
[/quote]

Human sacrifices don't have researches, they're just normal civvies. They give you points and a monetary reward, then they go home.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: February 20, 2020, 11:09:05 am »
In the prison break misson against cult of Apocalypse, there was this crossroad.
Spoilerlarge picture:

It looks like something broke within the map.

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: February 20, 2020, 03:18:36 pm »
got a strange battle.

The hovertank can see and snapshot the abomination. Most of the time it scores a HIT and don't kill the abomination, with some ground damage. But after that the hover tank can't strike again.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: February 20, 2020, 04:52:31 pm »
That crossroad is a mystery to me. I received multiple reports about it, but never managed to replicate it in quick battle.

As for the hovertank issue, I can't say yet, but it's probably related to the ground being flatter (so the unit standing is no longer visible).

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: February 20, 2020, 05:17:19 pm »
I took mind control of the spitters and used it to strike his colleagues. There was a problem with his weapon name it was STR_something instead of a us name. Also you can't see its inventory.

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: February 21, 2020, 06:41:27 pm »
STR_XCOM_PSICLONE in weapons in the resume of soldiers killing with it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: February 22, 2020, 12:54:27 pm »
I took mind control of the spitters and used it to strike his colleagues. There was a problem with his weapon name it was STR_something instead of a us name. Also you can't see its inventory.

The inventory is normal, some creatures don't have it.
The weapon... okay, I really didn't expect anyone to check something irrelevant like this. Spitter weapons work like vanilla built-in X-Com weapons. But okay, I changed it to the more advanced system XCF mostly uses.

STR_XCOM_PSICLONE in weapons in the resume of soldiers killing with it.

Because STR_XCOM_PSICLONE no longer exists, except in your old save.

...wait... killing with a Psiclone? :o

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: February 22, 2020, 01:56:28 pm »
the new version does electric damage so it's possible. But yes it was the old version the panicked status is recorded in missions. One quick question: I used the old psiclone to unlock psi skill, I'm right to think that the new version doesn't do this anymore ?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: February 23, 2020, 02:48:17 pm »
One quick question: I used the old psiclone to unlock psi skill, I'm right to think that the new version doesn't do this anymore ?

Yes, it should, unless there's something I missed.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: February 26, 2020, 04:47:46 pm »
Hello!

I'm here to report some bugs.

• Crates are unrecoverable. I found them on base missions for Dagon and Black Lotus Cults. They lied on 2nd floor near a bar, sometimes together with medical bags. A soldier can pick the crate up, can feel that the item weighs 75 units, can throw it for 20 TUs. But after the battle end the crate is gone. Maybe it's because of "recover: false" string for item "type: STR_GENERIC_CRATE" in "\user\mods\XComFiles\Ruleset\items_XCOMFILES.rul" file?
  • Inventory stats disappeared on the start of Dagon Cult Base Mission. The stats were visible while on pre-battle equip screen. After the battle started, the stats disappeared.

See the attached file for 2 savegames.

Can I somehow recover the crate manually, by file editing?

Thank you for the great mod!

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: February 26, 2020, 07:34:50 pm »
I've got a USO trap mission. Neat I've researched advanced underwater operation and I will test the "trident" with its 15 crew so I sent my ironfist on underwater configuration (no drones except 1 coelocanth, no dog) and 2 brand new flying suits and the rest with aquaplastic and when the mission starts they are still 1 coelocanth and 3 guys on the usual small submarine. What's wrong ?

EDIT, added a saved game the intervention team is in European base.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:36:17 pm by betatester »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 26, 2020, 08:50:09 pm »
Crates are unrecoverable. I found them on base missions for Dagon and Black Lotus Cults. They lied on 2nd floor near a bar, sometimes together with medical bags. A soldier can pick the crate up, can feel that the item weighs 75 units, can throw it for 20 TUs. But after the battle end the crate is gone. Maybe it's because of "recover: false" string for item "type: STR_GENERIC_CRATE" in "\user\mods\XComFiles\Ruleset\items_XCOMFILES.rul" file?
Obviously, it is a worthless crate with no return.
So it's normal!
It's also useless to equip a soldier with a crate since it's in a workshop that the crates are searched.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: February 29, 2020, 01:09:27 pm »
Crates are unrecoverable. I found them on base missions for Dagon and Black Lotus Cults. They lied on 2nd floor near a bar, sometimes together with medical bags. A soldier can pick the crate up, can feel that the item weighs 75 units, can throw it for 20 TUs. But after the battle end the crate is gone. Maybe it's because of "recover: false" string for item "type: STR_GENERIC_CRATE" in "\user\mods\XComFiles\Ruleset\items_XCOMFILES.rul" file?

(...)

Can I somehow recover the crate manually, by file editing?

Generic crates are generic crates, they aren't supposed to be recoverable. You probably took the crate and left its contents on the floor (or they were destroyed by a blast).

Inventory stats disappeared on the start of Dagon Cult Base Mission. The stats were visible while on pre-battle equip screen. After the battle started, the stats disappeared.

Hmm, which inventory stats? Sorry, please elaborate - I don't know what you are referring to.

Thank you for the great mod!

Thanks for the kind words :)

I've got a USO trap mission. Neat I've researched advanced underwater operation and I will test the "trident" with its 15 crew so I sent my ironfist on underwater configuration (no drones except 1 coelocanth, no dog) and 2 brand new flying suits and the rest with aquaplastic and when the mission starts they are still 1 coelocanth and 3 guys on the usual small submarine. What's wrong ?

Underwater craft depends on the mission, not on the craft you send there. (At least for now; I have some ideas on how to improve this, but they're not very elegant.)

Offline otheiv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 01, 2020, 09:12:30 pm »
Попробовал пройти версию 1.1.2 на сложности "Сверхчеловек" с редактированием сохранений (деньги, клонирование предметов, быстрая постройка, оглушение противников). Закончил в январе 2000 года. Было несколько неприятностей:
  • Следы топлива пришельцев (STR_ETRACE) долго не появлялись, а от их исследования зависит "Прием на работу вед. науч. сотр." (STR_CHIEF_RESEARCHER_CONTACT). Я уже разграбил пару тарелок, но достал нужное только получив доступ к геодезическим работам (STR_EXPEDITION_PLANET_SURVEY) после события "Случайные находки при геодезических работах" (STR_RANDOM_LAND_SURVEY). TIME PARADOX?
  • Бонусы за медали одинакового типа, одинакового уровня засчитываются только за первую из них. "Любимое оружие" (STR_MEDAL_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY), "Душегуб" (STR_MEDAL_RACE_KILLS), "На страже" (STR_MEDAL_CAMPAIGN_RIBBON). Поэтому выгодней было иметь такие медали разных уровней.
  • Произошло событие "Сексуальный убийца" (STR_HYBRID_CARNAL_KILLER), а на базе не было тюремных камер (STR_PRISON_CELLS). Пока ожидалось прибытие, после миссии столкнулся с тем, застрял на распределении пленных, на базе было -1 места. Закрыл игру, загрузился, убил всех на миссии.
  • На карте "За границей портала Рока" (STR_BEYOND_THE_DOOM_PORTAL) была изолированная комната с врагом внутри.
  • Иногда появлялось очень много  НЛО с миссией "Пролеты НЛО" (STR_ALIEN_FLYBY), даже в первые годы. В файле сохранения видел десяток этих миссий.

Ещё может усложнить формулы оружия? ОД - это же не просто ОД, а скорость. Более "правильно" рассчитывать стоимость по формуле "абсолютная стоимость + относительная стоимость" (как в https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1716.msg109079.html#msg109079 ). Добавить бонус к урону от скорости для метательного оружия и оружия ближнего боя(damageBonus: tu: x.x)?

-----
{Machine translation}
I tried to pass version 1.1.2 on the "Superhuman" difficulty with editing saves (money, cloning items, fast building, stun opponents). Completed in January 2000. There were a few problems:
  • STR_ETRACE did not appear for a long time, and STR_CHIEF_RESEARCHER_CONTACT depends on their research. I have already looted a couple of UFOs, but got the right one only after getting access to STR_EXPEDITION_PLANET_SURVEY after the STR_RANDOM_LAND_SURVEY event). TIME PARADOX?
  • Bonuses for medals of the same type and level are applied only for the first one. STR_MEDAL_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY, STR_MEDAL_RACE_KILLS, STR_MEDAL_CAMPAIGN_RIBBON. Therefore, it was more profitable to have such medals of different levels.
  • The STR_HYBRID_CARNAL_KILLER event occurred, but the base did not have STR_PRISON_CELLS. While the arrival was expected, after the mission, I encountered the fact that I was stuck on the distribution of prisoners, there were -1 places on the base. Closed the game, loaded the save, killed everyone on the mission.
  • On the STR_BEYOND_THE_DOOM_PORTAL map, there was an isolated room with an enemy inside.
  • Sometimes there were a lot of UFOs with the STR_ALIEN_FLYBY mission, even in the early years. I saw a dozen of these missions in the save file.
p.s. Can complicate weapon formulas? TU is not just TU, but speed. It is more "correct" to calculate the cost using the formula "absolute cost + relative cost" (as in https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1716.msg109079.html#msg109079 ). Add a bonus to speed damage for throwing weapons and melee weapons(damageBonus: tu: x. x)?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:58:32 pm by otheiv »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 02, 2020, 06:58:13 am »
It was a punishment for the unfair game.