aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 373941 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2017, 12:34:05 am »
some small bugs i encountered, the CTD i once poste about seems to be caused by upgrading the mod during a running campaign, i cant recreate it anymore

mastercrafted chainsword appears in the purchase screen
mastercrafted pistol ammo dito
mastercrafted plasma weps can be manufactured even though i dont have researched plasma
map did not fully generate - CTD on terror mission (randomly, maybe try them all out in the battle generator)
typoes:
-Tatical Armor misses a C
-is it prometheum or promethium

The difficulty of missions is varying wildly, too wildly imo, i landed two dropods with 8 crew and a turret in a terror mission, encountered 8 rocket-dreadnoughts and a bazillion of chaos elite guys, the mission did last exactly 1 turn, i didn't do anything except turning around one unit. Month 3 iirc.

also: what PRECISELY does the ToArmor and To Health stats explain? If the bolter has 1.0 to health and no armor entry, does it ignore armor then? If something has 0.9 to armor, is that good or bad? see what i mean.

The resources in your mod: Wow, just wow!  :o

p.s I made something funny (see attached screen, see chest area)

thank you so much, i really need to people to play to help me see bugs, just corrected all the points you made

About the random difficulty on mission i can´t do much, i remember spiking fight against chaos dread in the beginning, where is easy to recover the loss point early in game (also when i tested chaos was stronger, guard was not equipped and chaos was better equipped all heavy plasma) (spoiler = landspeeder carry more troops but no hwp, still it makes  more easy to face  heavy chaos early stage of the game) To counter that now servitors(hwp) can heal to make drop pods again a viable option

About the CTD on terror mission,  i correct as i go along until it stop the crash , so when i release i think i have hited the sweet spot with no crash

mastercrafted plasma weps can be manufactured even though i don´t have researched plasma (only plasma pistol was on purpose)

what ohartenstein23 said about damage is correct ( it only deals 0.9 to x  damage  goes 90%  to x )  bolter now does  1.0  to health and 0.1 to armor (cant remember if i updated ufopedia yet)

i see  what you did ;) , other modders are free to use resources

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2017, 04:55:31 pm »
just started a new campaign on emperor iron man, first 2 terror mission chaos raptor´s, needless to say i decided to start the game again, after brutal defeat... so i understand the difficulty curve (we need the 3 first months negative, curve can be bested if cultist or traitor guard appear)

still i was trying speed run to catch up game bug, no grenades, no much thinking, nor sniper or heavy weapons exploit ...
well i love a good challenge   

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2017, 08:49:24 pm »
New update coming soon with a lot of corrections, a whole new air combat balance and resprite, and a lot of new stuff, but also a revise on old models

OLD vs NEW

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2017, 12:34:53 am »
Thought you might appreciate this!

Click here if animation fails to load

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2017, 12:38:30 am »
Thought you might appreciate this!

Thks, but i already got it, also got the tau one. The first thing i did when making this mod was looking for already made 40k pixel content hehe still no help, lot of stuff.. but mostly sucks

--- posts merged ---

The  complete family

Dread need to be 3x3 tile, but from what i´ve read it´s not happening
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:35:41 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2017, 07:37:26 pm »
I think we can easily forgive such small size discrepancy. After all it's a problem with X-Com from the beginning.

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2017, 08:33:08 pm »
Greetings, bulletdesigner! You did a nice job on this mod. You have successfuly delivered an atmosphere of the GrimDarkFuture™ with great art and all this music from DoW and Chaos Gate.
However, there are bunch of unlogical and background inappropriated things. And if the femmarines could easily be disabled via editing soldiers_40k.rul, some stuff need a rework, in my opinion:
1) Weight and STRENGTH modifier.
         That's really strange that apothecary or chaplain cannot carry something more than knife cause of STRENGTH penalty...
         ...and the same for techmarine and librarian...
         ...and noone exept terminators cannot take powersword or storm bolter cause their weight... and so on.
2) Special weapons.
         Meltagun with explosion and heavy plasma without it, stun-grav weapon are looking weird
3) Laspistol and lasgun.
         Lasgun must take niche of a main starting weapon as it is very weak but cheap lore-wise. Laspistol is not needed at all cause there is a
         boltpistol (but captain with dual laspistol looks really fun ;D)
4) Daemonettes of Tzeentch. It comes from very first mod versions. So... Daemonettes of Slaanesh maybe? ;)

Oh, that's all for now. Sorry for long post and my awful grammar.

P.S.: I can translate the mod to Russian if someone here need it)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2017, 10:38:25 pm »
Thks, but i already got it, also got the tau one.

*snip*

I haven't see the tau one.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2017, 05:12:12 am »
He's working on it madam, there is a folder called 'dunno yet', you'll see there the sprites still on the making and not being used

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:01 pm »

Here also a 2 more 40k related

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2017, 01:44:42 pm »
Greetings, bulletdesigner! You did a nice job on this mod. You have successfuly delivered an atmosphere of the GrimDarkFuture™ with great art and all this music from DoW and Chaos Gate.
However, there are bunch of unlogical and background inappropriated things. And if the femmarines could easily be disabled via editing soldiers_40k.rul, some stuff need a rework, in my opinion:
1) Weight and STRENGTH modifier.
         That's really strange that apothecary or chaplain cannot carry something more than knife cause of STRENGTH penalty...
         ...and the same for techmarine and librarian...
         ...and noone exept terminators cannot take powersword or storm bolter cause their weight... and so on.
2) Special weapons.
         Meltagun with explosion and heavy plasma without it, stun-grav weapon are looking weird
3) Laspistol and lasgun.
         Lasgun must take niche of a main starting weapon as it is very weak but cheap lore-wise. Laspistol is not needed at all cause there is a
         boltpistol (but captain with dual laspistol looks really fun ;D)
4) Daemonettes of Tzeentch. It comes from very first mod versions. So... Daemonettes of Slaanesh maybe? ;)

Oh, that's all for now. Sorry for long post and my awful grammar.

P.S.: I can translate the mod to Russian if someone here need it)

Thank for your opinion, i need people contribution for the mod go forward, since it´s a mod for everyone not just for me so:
you can put female frequency to 0 in soldiers_40k.rul
1) just removed all strength penalties on armor, the main reason it was there , was for no abuse on apoth armor at start of game, but now we have the servitor so i will make apoth armor came later
2) Initaly i made it that way because damage type must correspond to explosion type (without oxce i think), now i can make  heavy plasma create explosions. Grav weapon are  a green stream, not possible to make so i just changed it to green plasma with a longer sprite (will be in a new release )
3) you got a bunch lasgun on first terror mission if you win, bolter is more powerful to units (not vehicles) , and you can have mastercraft ammo before lasgun´s ( so the research is mainly if you want to progress and manufacture yourself)
4)true, just  corrected

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:22:46 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2017, 10:27:07 pm »
Thank for your opinion, i need people contribution for the mod go forward, since it´s a mod for everyone not just for me so:
you can put female frequency to 0 in soldiers_40k.rul
1) just removed all strength penalties on armor, the main reason it was there , was for no abuse on apoth armor at start of game, but now we have the servitor so i will make apoth armor came later
2) Initaly i made it that way because damage type must correspond to explosion type (without oxce i think), now i can make  heavy plasma create explosions. Grav weapon are  a green stream, not possible to make so i just changed it to green plasma with a longer sprite (will be in a new release )
3) you got a bunch lasgun on first terror mission if you win, bolter is more powerful to units (not vehicles) , and you can have mastercraft ammo before lasgun´s ( so the research is mainly if you want to progress and manufacture yourself)
4)true, just  corrected

Great! Will wait for next update. Let the Emperor be with you! (and pre-Heresy Fulgrim, as an artist)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2017, 07:55:35 pm »
I didn't have time to get around making them Orkz yet; meantime I needed your bunker/fortress "urban" tileset, and thus I gave it a very thorough update. Maybe it might be useful to you if you haven't done so yourself already. What I changed:
- normalized all armor values to represent reinforced concrete and steel properly. Now all fortifications have 45-65 armor, depending on thickness.
- fixed issues with weird HE block values
- added some properly Imperial explodey force to missiles
- made 2 damaged tiles for frontal bunker walls (S and E); they cannot be reinforced by placing a wall behind them, so now they go through damaged state before being destroyed.
- removed 3 unused tiles to put these 2 damaged walls in, and added a chimney at 3rd slot.

Attaching the tileset, as well as a picture of what I made with it (if you want it, it's gonna be added to next Piratez ver.)

Keep fighting the good fight!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2017, 02:31:14 pm »
wow, it looks really amazing!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2017, 11:18:12 pm »
 Well Saratovetz after intense testing , i tried to implement your request for heavy plasma with 2 tiles blast and there are  big 2 problems:
1- the sprite don´t match the 2 tiles ( always a huge sprite match the damage not the explosion tiles) , read a lot in forum and there no solution for that problem yet
2- Hwp and 2x2 unit´s instant kill 100 x 4 damage always , just made a new facility with 4 turrets , on base defense they didn´t last a round
Anyway i resolved the request with a bigger 1 hit animation blast for heavy plasma and new sprite to distinguish plasmas.
Meltas gun have no explosion with brand new sprites also.
So to make explosion back on chaos side, i made a lot of the arsenal that was missing. and have to ajust rank weapons etc

So Next week i will launch new version ,with tons of new content, more weapon´s and bulletsprites, that resolve the melta and plasma issue.
i guess it´s DLC without release