aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950564 times)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.6: Paranormal Activity
« Reply #4800 on: November 09, 2022, 02:37:22 am »
Met up the ninjas today  :P That is awesome.

Spoiler:
I'm guessing you have to be right next to these guys or you wont even see them, they obliterated like 3 of my guys in one turn. I couldn't even see them, to make matter worse, they were standing on black top, so they blended right in. Just amazed at the depth of this X files game. It is really well done.

Offline zx_79

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.6: Paranormal Activity
« Reply #4801 on: November 09, 2022, 11:06:45 am »
Won't it just make it even better? :) Captures instead of kills!
I'm comparing it with the Flame Glove and it's not that great... I need more testing...

Ohh, but the Flame Glove is *awesome*! That`s your Plasma Rifle worth of firepower, sans the Elerium, batteries, extreme research times and requirements, not even live alien capture needed or Psi Skill required to use it - just any encounter with Exalt (Psiclone > Alien Engineering), one Black Lotus Outpost to take the thing off the Witch, plus some luck with agents PST rolls - and even before Promo II there`s a weapon to just BEGONE almost anything from the field. Only significant drawback is that it often leaves no corpse.

In fact, Flame Gloves was what tempted me to execute my first MiB ambush on Crop Circles mission, even though I suspect the Enforcers cheat on night vision somewhat. With time, I opted not to use these "pre-psionic" weapons as they make the fights too easy.

Btw, is there some kind of comprehensive summary/explanation of all wiki listed parameters? Some I did figure out, but others like aforementioned "Radius Effectiveness" are elusive. That would be much appreciated.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.7: Spectral Entities
« Reply #4802 on: November 09, 2022, 12:03:12 pm »
Ohh, but the Flame Glove is *awesome*! That`s your Plasma Rifle worth of firepower, sans the Elerium, batteries, extreme research times and requirements, not even live alien capture needed or Psi Skill required to use it - just any encounter with Exalt (Psiclone > Alien Engineering), one Black Lotus Outpost to take the thing off the Witch, plus some luck with agents PST rolls - and even before Promo II there`s a weapon to just BEGONE almost anything from the field. Only significant drawback is that it often leaves no corpse.

In fact, Flame Gloves was what tempted me to execute my first MiB ambush on Crop Circles mission, even though I suspect the Enforcers cheat on night vision somewhat. With time, I opted not to use these "pre-psionic" weapons as they make the fights too easy.

OK, fair point. :) For me they're kind of impractical, but it's good that there are other perspectives.

Btw, is there some kind of comprehensive summary/explanation of all wiki listed parameters? Some I did figure out, but others like aforementioned "Radius Effectiveness" are elusive. That would be much appreciated.

I don't think so, the ruleset reference is your best bet.

EDIT:
2.7 has been released!

- New weapons: Chemthrower (with two ammo types), Chryssalid Gas Grenade.
- New units: Reclamation of Aether Initiate (2 genders), Reclamation of Aether Journeyman (2 genders) (both mostly by CosmicAfro).
- New missions: The Sound of Graves, Impossible Internet Intelligence, Televised Ghost Hunting (all mostly by CosmicAfro).
- New commendation: Pest Controller.
- New Postindustrial maps (mostly by Dioxine).
- 7 new Catacomb maps and terrain (by Dioxine).
- 4 new Port map variants (by Thallori).
- 1 new Sewers map (by Dioxine).
- Desert stones are yellow.
- Better Moon minimap (SCANGs by Kato).
- Added Security Camera description.
- New lore articles.
- Hybrid Control Circuitry bigob (by Brain_322).
- Spirit Cultists have worse Psi Strength.
- Flamethrowers give Technician commendations.
- Commando reinforcements in manors never come from the south.
- Children of Aether are more grey.
- Night-Ops and MiB Enforcer graphics improved (by Dioxine).
- Fixed an issue with Katapeltes Spiritus clips.
- Fixed missing commendations.
- Fixed an issue with Polar terrain where X-Com craft may be placed on water.
- Terror Ship map fixes.
- Fixed Trinidad position.
- Minor fixes.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 05:42:17 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Slow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: November 10, 2022, 02:38:31 pm »
Will save file from 2.6 work in 2.7?

Offline Advancement

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: November 10, 2022, 05:16:54 pm »
- Commando reinforcements in manors never come from the south.
That's a great change!

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: November 10, 2022, 05:20:26 pm »
That's a great change!
I would like to know where the south is.))

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4806 on: November 10, 2022, 06:07:27 pm »
2.7b has been released.

There was a harmless, but unsightly bug where you could research Salt Pile without having it.
If you don't want to download the whole mod, you can simply replace the attached file.

Will save file from 2.6 work in 2.7?

Yes!

I would like to know where the south is.))

Same as the gate. :)

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: November 10, 2022, 09:21:51 pm »
Hell ya 2.7 what a perfect timing to have come out still in my early new campaign!  :)

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: November 10, 2022, 09:31:44 pm »
Also if anyone could answer or share their POV, is there any benefit or detriment monthly to unlocking extra missions/branches through research before completing previous? Such as
Spoiler:
unlocking Hybrids, Syndicates, Dagon, etc before completing/eliminating the cults.

Mainly wondering if their impact mission pop up RNG monthly or not by unlocking them.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: November 10, 2022, 11:04:52 pm »
I had a bug but forgot to keep the save file. My bad.

I know it wont help but it was in the sand dunes map (desert with hills).
One of my guys fell into the sand hill and couldn't move (besides rotation was still achievable).

Besides that, I haven't seen hardly any bugs in this newest version. It's incredible. Loving it.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: November 11, 2022, 02:31:03 pm »
Also if anyone could answer or share their POV, is there any benefit or detriment monthly to unlocking extra missions/branches through research before completing previous? Such as
Spoiler:
unlocking Hybrids, Syndicates, Dagon, etc before completing/eliminating the cults.

Mainly wondering if their impact mission pop up RNG monthly or not by unlocking them.

Its a both sided thing, usually opening up more arcs means more missions you have to attend to (+ more negative events) and usually, some arcs require alot more effort and tech to finish than others.
But on other side its simply more oportunities for score, loot and XP.

Though i wouldnt bother fighting against enemies beyond the cults till i atleast got the heavy tactical suit going (Promotion 3) and people and bases ready to handle more missions aorund the globe.

Offline zx_79

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: November 12, 2022, 06:46:08 pm »

I don't think so, the ruleset reference is your best bet.

That actually is exactly what I was asking for, hanks for pointing me to it!

Got myself the Natasha`s Custom VSS, and there appears to be a discrepancy in its damage listed in game and on the Wiki page. Latter says 0.36*Firing Acc minus 20, while former subtracts 20 from total. Is that an overlook or intentional? [or am I just reading the wiki formula wrong] To me, the Wiki calculation seems more plausible, since the regular VSS also has 20 base damage before reactions bonus.

[edit] Also found out that USO Ambush mission doesn`t count towards Aquanaut commendation, though it apparently should
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 09:41:50 pm by zx_79 »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: November 12, 2022, 11:56:18 pm »
Got myself the Natasha`s Custom VSS, and there appears to be a discrepancy in its damage listed in game and on the Wiki page. Latter says 0.36*Firing Acc minus 20, while former subtracts 20 from total. Is that an overlook or intentional? [or am I just reading the wiki formula wrong] To me, the Wiki calculation seems more plausible, since the regular VSS also has 20 base damage before reactions bonus.
Not sure what your question here is? The in-game information directly represents the item values, and the damage bonus for the the rifle and the clip haven't changed since (at least) 1.4. Why should the wiki information be "more plausible"?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 12:00:56 am by krautbernd »

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: November 13, 2022, 02:41:02 am »
The custom VSS has been minus 20 because it's already powerful with the stats behind it.

Offline zx_79

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: November 13, 2022, 09:14:42 am »
Not sure what your question here is? [...] Why should the wiki information be "more plausible"?

I am unable to elaborate this without some tedious boreness, please confirm if you actually wish to hear it - or just nevermind :)

[edit] how does one re-bind the "examine unit" function from the middle mouse button, if possible, that is?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 09:29:47 am by zx_79 »