Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949679 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.4: Flesh and Circuitry
« Reply #4545 on: May 02, 2022, 05:20:31 pm »
1) Yes
2) It's going to be greasy.
3) I don't know what you mean.
4) It's going to be greasy.

Soldiers are already because of these awards have inflated stats. And if you lower the conditions on these recurring awards, the soldiers will be imbalanced

Offline flanker84

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: May 02, 2022, 08:13:35 pm »
thank for your reply

reg 3) - I mean description in the new wiki for this great mod, for example for the "gun kata" commendation: https://xcf.trigramreactor.net/master/article/STR_GUN_KATA

*I`d like to kind of a role play, so I`d like ajust commendations, if I change the numbers in commendations_XCOMFILES.rul will it work?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 09:06:20 pm by flanker84 »

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: May 03, 2022, 11:46:17 pm »
In some mods, when selecting vehicles, you can see the possible radius of flight, depending on the fuel. How do I enable such a feature in X-files?

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: May 05, 2022, 08:40:00 pm »
3) My guess is as follows
Flat Stat Bonus affects the stat as is and is limited by the stat's maximal value.
Stat Bonus is tacked on top of whatever the stat happens to be, ignoring maximal stat. Commendation bonuses work this way.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: May 06, 2022, 01:10:08 am »
In some mods, when selecting vehicles, you can see the possible radius of flight, depending on the fuel. How do I enable such a feature in X-files?

Isn't that already in? I can see it with crafts who has limited range.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: May 06, 2022, 01:40:13 pm »
oh, question solved. I pressed "R."

Offline flanker84

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: May 07, 2022, 01:13:27 am »
Bug report: researching "Mateba Autorevolver acquisition" doesn`t show ammo in popup screen and doesn`t allow to buy it

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: May 07, 2022, 05:02:53 pm »
Bug report: researching "Mateba Autorevolver acquisition" doesn`t show ammo in popup screen and doesn`t allow to buy it
There is a separate bug thread for reporting exactely this, best post this there instead.

That aside, research for the Mateba and the Judge/Kludge is messed up at the moment. Purchasing either gun deosn't actually require Magnum acquisition (or the gun specific acquisition for that matter), but buying the ammunition does. On top of that both the AP and the shotgun ammunition only become available if both Mateba&Kludge acquistion as well as shotgun aquisition have been reasearched. I don't think this is intended.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4553 on: May 08, 2022, 08:09:32 pm »
Since this was mentioned several times: I also prefer to assign a small number of scientists to a project. Not necessarily just 1, but I think 10 is a bit too many, unless it's a major project with the cost in triple digits. (Or when I'm out of researches, of course.)

Sol, maybe we should make the hangars roomy or small hangars in 1 cell? Very strange that 1 car takes a hangar for the plane. I understand that the game convention, but still...

Multiple hangar types are currently unsupported, or at least not in a satisfactory way.
Think of it as having a huge garage for your awesome ride. Pure swag.

Sol, I discovered the UNEXCOM mod. Some of the weapons have amazing tracers. What a beautiful thing that is. Please implement something like that in your mod. These tracers are amazing.

There are many awesome mods out there, and I stole quite a bit of material from them when I was a rookie... But now I'm trying not to. :D
But okay, what exactly do you mean by tracers? Particle trails left by projectiles?

That aside, research for the Mateba and the Judge/Kludge is messed up at the moment. Purchasing either gun deosn't actually require Magnum acquisition (or the gun specific acquisition for that matter), but buying the ammunition does. On top of that both the AP and the shotgun ammunition only become available if both Mateba&Kludge acquistion as well as shotgun aquisition have been reasearched. I don't think this is intended.

Thanks, indeed it was bugged - both guns had too lax requirements for purchasing them. Hopefully this fix is good enough.

Offline SMA

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: May 09, 2022, 01:21:12 am »
Bug report:
[INFO]   MCD COPTER object 53 has invalid DieMCD: 64
[FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Unit generator encountered an error: item set not defined

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: May 09, 2022, 11:50:01 am »
Bug report:
[INFO]   MCD COPTER object 53 has invalid DieMCD: 64
[FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Unit generator encountered an error: item set not defined

Yeah, you're right, thanks. Fixed.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: May 10, 2022, 03:56:28 pm »
Sol, doesn't your mod have a script like FTA?
So that in the first turn the enemy has less AP

But okay, what exactly do you mean by tracers? Particle trails left by projectiles?

yep

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: May 10, 2022, 04:35:17 pm »
Sol, doesn't your mod have a script like FTA?
So that in the first turn the enemy has less AP

No. You usually land your big ass aircraft in the middle of an enemy base, why would they be unprepared???

yep

Maybe... It's a controversial solution, perhaps one day.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: May 12, 2022, 09:37:01 am »
No. You usually land your big ass aircraft in the middle of an enemy base, why would they be unprepared???
Because a) not every cultist sleeps with their gun under their pillow, boots on and dynamite pack in hand; b) they don't know where exactly your big-ass craft will land and will thus have to 'spend TU' to catch up with it; c) it's terribly random in execution and quite a few people find it not fun.

Edit: The one thing this feature does is provide a distinct challenge of "They got you in their sights, now what?" Unfortunately, the same could be said about 'pod' management in NuCom. Both led to rather boring solutions (pod creeping or stay put if in closed craft/pop smoke and pray/abort)./edit

It's a controversial solution, perhaps one day.
What's so controversial about it? It's complicated, but I haven't seen anyone really rail against tracers and saying "Tracers? Never! I will stop playing [this mod] if there are tracers!"

It'd be better if you just said "It's my mod, I like it how it is and that's the way it's gonna be!" or "Too much work!" instead of coming up with strange justifications.

In any case, there's a mod for this, and even StarvingPoet's extra tweak on the next page.

If I were you, I'd head off any further such discussion by making a list of XCF submods and certain other mods (sounds are already linked, Arsenal, Medical, Ratatat, this, maybe the 'pact country recovery' change, probably more), and put a Solarius' Seal of (Dis)Approval next to them.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 10:07:49 am by Juku121 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: May 12, 2022, 01:09:10 pm »
Because a) not every cultist sleeps with their gun under their pillow, boots on and dynamite pack in hand; b) they don't know where exactly your big-ass craft will land and will thus have to 'spend TU' to catch up with it; c) it's terribly random in execution and quite a few people find it not fun.

"I'm already here in the open, gun in hand, so why not turn my back to the oncoming vehicle and contemplate some bushes?"
Typical strawman argument. It's not about people caught asleep or otherwise unprepared.

It'd be better if you just said "It's my mod, I like it how it is and that's the way it's gonna be!" or "Too much work!" instead of coming up with strange justifications.

Jesus, why do you always have to be such an asshole in every post? Do you think it's cool or something? It's not.

I give answers according to what I think, even if sometimes it's rushed or not considered carefully enough (which admittedly happens). If you don't believe me, then it's your problem, stop projecting it on the community.

In any case, there's a mod for this, and even StarvingPoet's extra tweak on the next page.

Yeah, everyone can modify the mod however they want, I have no problem with that.

If I were you, I'd head off any further such discussion by making a list of XCF submods and certain other mods (sounds are already linked, Arsenal, Medical, Ratatat, this, maybe the 'pact country recovery' change, probably more), and put a Solarius' Seal of (Dis)Approval next to them.

Too much work (ha), but primarily it's not really my business, it's the community's will. I can only comment whether I personally agree with something or not, but only as a private person, not a mod author. There are no "wrong decisions", it's the player's time spent on a game and the player's fun to be had; even if I consider some behaviours distasteful or counterproductive, I am not going to actively prevent people from enjoying XCF any way they want.