Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1992827 times)

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.2: Masters of the Universe
« Reply #3315 on: March 13, 2020, 01:15:19 am »
Pistols are will way too accurate on long range.
Insanely OP too accurate.
Like, shooting guys >30 tiles distance at more than 50-60% hit rate (no maxed out super soldiers, still first half year), at those low TU costs... why bother for rifles or even sniper stuff.
imo pistols should loose accuracy severly at more than 10-15 tiles.
Pistols are good to quickly empty a magazine into someone at low-moderate distance. And occasionally hit something above 10-12m with an aimed shot. but anything else is just crazy.
Could argue that if someone is *really* good at aiming he might hit stuff at 20m. But not at a rate of 3-4 aimed shots per turn...

EDIT: beretta and UAC Pistol, if anyone is wondering. Though UAC has at least a reasonable snap shot accuracy on long range. For beretta its basically a cheaper not as well aimed shot.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:50:16 am by TheCurse »

Offline eXalted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 13, 2020, 01:41:07 pm »
Are you using 1.2? Beretta has a snap shot range of 15 and aimed of 20. It drops with 2 accuracy per tile beyond that range.

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 13, 2020, 04:43:51 pm »
Pistols

Indeed one of the first things I noticed when playing XCF for the first time after having tried Piratez before, was the incredible usefulness of pistols. Pistols and to a lesser degree shotguns rule the battlefield in the early game with its small maps and poorly equipped or melee enemies and they remain very useful long after that. The potential damage output is so much higher than rifles thanks to very low TU costs and good accuracy at short ranges. Add to that the ability to wield melee weapons/grenades/shields in your offhand. Pistols only become a liability on wide open maps with little cover or against well-armoured foes.
I still mostly use rifles for their versatility and for aesthetic reasons (pistols go well with agents in coats and kevlar vests but not so much with military gear). Recently, however, I have considered giving more of my soldiers pistols again, not just as sidearms for snipers. TU-intensive aimed shots from rifles draw a lot more enemy reaction fire than fast pistol shots, which is a big problem.
I'm still mostly fine with the balance between rifles and pistols, because they each excel in different areas.
I'm more concerned with SMGs. They are really just inferior pistols. The added auto-option never gives you as many hits per turn as snap shots from a pistol would, unless you are so close to the target, that you might as well switch to melee. This as bad, since pistols and SMGs mostly serve the same purpose, being small, lightweight, often concealable and fast-firing short range weapons. So far, I only found the BlackOps SMG and the P90 to be worthwhile.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 13, 2020, 04:54:18 pm »
Are you using 1.2? Beretta has a snap shot range of 15 and aimed of 20. It drops with 2 accuracy per tile beyond that range.
yes, started on 1.2
seems still extremely high. Lets say i´d shoot at 75% acc aimed, target is 35 tiles away. That´d still be 45%... Considering TU/dmg this might be more than some sniper rifles.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 13, 2020, 05:53:43 pm »
Please remake the Asuka 4000 rifle.It is completely useless compared to a UAC rifle.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3320 on: March 13, 2020, 07:09:36 pm »
Please remake the Asuka 4000 rifle.It is completely useless compared to a UAC rifle.

Wow, that's a new one. ;D

As for the pistols: well, maybe. I'll think about it.

Offline eXalted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 13, 2020, 11:16:52 pm »
Yeah, maybe pistols could have a faster drop rate.

I also find shotguns incredibly overpowered too. Their range is just too high. Combine that with the new stun baton shells from the latest nightlies and you have the perfect weapon for your whole squad.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 03:42:30 pm by eXalted »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: March 14, 2020, 05:05:07 pm »
Having anyone who can't hold a minigun carry medkit and pistol. They still outrange red dawn snipers and such...
but of course the miniguns are more fun.
"What do you mean no line of fire? I am the line of fire!"  ;D

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 14, 2020, 11:01:33 pm »
Please recycle the plasma sword. When I researched it, I thought I got a super-powerful melee weapon, but I was terribly disappointed in it. 1-Why is the impact cost so high? A plasma sword has a weight of 9,a katana has 12, but a katana strike costs 12, and a plasma sword costs 20.Why is that? This is not justified at all,a plasma sword strike should cost 10-12, but no more.Also, the description says that the plasma has a very thin blade, which hints that the blade (perhaps) has no weight and therefore the sword should be very light. 2-force damage bonus Is not clear. Why use force with this weapon? If with a katana it is clear that you need to apply force to cut through an object, then in the description of the plasma sword, we are told that it cuts titanium like oil. 3-Damage.It is very low for plasma-type weapons. With an ordinary katana, I destroy the cyber disk with 2 blows. With a plasma sword, I struck him 3 blows, after which, he, smiling maliciously, killed my fighter with a return shot.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: March 15, 2020, 01:28:18 pm »
Please recycle the plasma sword. When I researched it, I thought I got a super-powerful melee weapon, but I was terribly disappointed in it. 1-Why is the impact cost so high? A plasma sword has a weight of 9,a katana has 12, but a katana strike costs 12, and a plasma sword costs 20.Why is that? This is not justified at all,a plasma sword strike should cost 10-12, but no more.Also, the description says that the plasma has a very thin blade, which hints that the blade (perhaps) has no weight and therefore the sword should be very light. 2-force damage bonus Is not clear. Why use force with this weapon? If with a katana it is clear that you need to apply force to cut through an object, then in the description of the plasma sword, we are told that it cuts titanium like oil. 3-Damage.It is very low for plasma-type weapons. With an ordinary katana, I destroy the cyber disk with 2 blows. With a plasma sword, I struck him 3 blows, after which, he, smiling maliciously, killed my fighter with a return shot.

100% intended. This weapon is made for aliens, not humans. In fact, it kinda sucks.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: March 17, 2020, 05:18:24 am »
Please tell me how to open a Gauss weapon? I have almost passed the game, my fighters have long been armed with plasma, but I have not seen a Gauss weapon. Also, what should I do next? I've already destroyed 3 alien embassies, launched a satellite to the moon, saved M. A. G. M. A. astronauts, and I don't know what to do next. Apocalypse, Dagon, Lotus, Dawn, EXALT are destroyed. The syndicate is almost destroyed, leaving only the storming of the headquarters. I didn't do any underground or underwater missions at all. What do you need to do to open a mission to storm the alien base on the moon? I'm tired of shooting down endless UFOs. It became very boring.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: March 17, 2020, 06:17:05 am »
Please tell me how to open a Gauss weapon? I have almost passed the game, my fighters have long been armed with plasma, but I have not seen a Gauss weapon. Also, what should I do next? I've already destroyed 3 alien embassies, launched a satellite to the moon, saved M. A. G. M. A. astronauts, and I don't know what to do next. Apocalypse, Dagon, Lotus, Dawn, EXALT are destroyed. The syndicate is almost destroyed, leaving only the storming of the headquarters. I didn't do any underground or underwater missions at all. What do you need to do to open a mission to storm the alien base on the moon? I'm tired of shooting down endless UFOs. It became very boring.
gauss:
Spoiler:
MiB uses them. Kill some of those...
Final mission:
Spoiler:
You were at the source already. Embassies have some really cool ethereals you wanna catch living. But in the end you need a living eth commander though, probably only chance would be battleship.
I do agree the endgame is kinda drawn out though, since it depends on waiting for many very specific things and there´s just tons of missions/ufos which are basically fillers by then.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: March 20, 2020, 01:21:46 pm »
Maybe you will find it useful, Solarius.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: March 20, 2020, 03:00:30 pm »
Thanks! It's definitely a bit different from mine, I'll take time thinking of which one is better.

EDIT: I've decided to use your boots and helmet, they're definitely nicer. But I'll keep the torso, because not every agent is slim and twiggy. :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:04:37 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: March 20, 2020, 11:45:23 pm »
Soo, how long until the new update is released?