Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1951897 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.2: Masters of the Universe
« Reply #3300 on: March 08, 2020, 09:55:01 pm »
Thanks. Now what was that I wanted to investigate...? :-\
It was the reason on why there was not much progress in the late campaign :-) You responded, I think, in the Discord channel.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: March 10, 2020, 07:06:04 pm »
Hello. I would like to know when there will be a continuation of the story with people in black?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3302 on: March 10, 2020, 09:14:16 pm »
Hello. I would like to know when there will be a continuation of the story with people in black?

Yes, of course! Them and the hybrids are the two most important opponent forces on Earth.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: March 10, 2020, 10:42:46 pm »
I would also like to ask you to add missions to the game, where Xcom operates in conjunction with the army. I know that there is an event when the military shoot down UFOs, but I want more global battles, for example, when aliens conduct terror,then 1 allied tank and 10 soldiers who are fighting together with Xcom appear on the map. Just a feeling that the troops do not participate in the defense of the planet at all, do not protect civilians, and only 30 XCOM agents save the whole world. The lack of troops is clear at the initial stage of the game, they say, everything is just beginning and the world is not threatened, but when a full-scale invasion begins, the question arises, where is the army? Battles involving allies are very cool, it feels like you really got on the battlefield, you feel the scale of the battle.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: March 10, 2020, 10:56:20 pm »
I would also like to ask you to add missions to the game, where Xcom operates in conjunction with the army. I know that there is an event when the military shoot down UFOs, but I want more global battles, for example, when aliens conduct terror,then 1 allied tank and 10 soldiers who are fighting together with Xcom appear on the map.

OK, more missions with soldiers sound fun. No promises, as I need good ideas and a space to put them in, but I am not against it.

Just a feeling that the troops do not participate in the defense of the planet at all, do not protect civilians, and only 30 XCOM agents save the whole world. The lack of troops is clear at the initial stage of the game, they say, everything is just beginning and the world is not threatened, but when a full-scale invasion begins, the question arises, where is the army? Battles involving allies are very cool, it feels like you really got on the battlefield, you feel the scale of the battle.

Well, frankly there is never an official "full scale invasion", as everything is done more or less in secrecy. Of course the disguise is becoming pretty thin once cities around the world start suffering from inexplicable "gas leaks", but the army generally remains in the dark, or X-Com wouldn't be needed any more.

In other news, check out the new dog paperdoll! Made with some help from Perekrylo.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: March 10, 2020, 11:22:15 pm »
It seemed to me that in 1999 the Battle for Earth begins, cities are on fire, people are in a panic, and the secrecy of the war with aliens is no longer there. I just played Xcom Enemy Within, and I thought something similar would happen in 1999.There, the world knew about the war with aliens.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: March 10, 2020, 11:25:19 pm »
A dog without armor will be deprived of inventory?

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: March 11, 2020, 12:23:49 am »
dog looks cute :)

(but what is that few red pixels on his,/her nose? ? )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:25:15 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline WaldoTheRanger

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: March 11, 2020, 05:17:10 am »
Yeah, most dogs have black or brown noses.

But I agree it looks great. I'll feel a lot worse getting that killed now :)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: March 11, 2020, 07:22:39 am »
In other news, check out the new dog paperdoll! Made with some help from Perekrylo.

Hmm... As for me, Wolfenstein's dog sprite looks better, like a true battle dog. A new one is kinda home pet.  :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: March 11, 2020, 07:21:45 pm »
It seemed to me that in 1999 the Battle for Earth begins, cities are on fire, people are in a panic, and the secrecy of the war with aliens is no longer there. I just played Xcom Enemy Within, and I thought something similar would happen in 1999.There, the world knew about the war with aliens.

No, old X-Com is like, totally opposite. Even vanilla, though it didn't really explore it much.

A dog without armor will be deprived of inventory?

Nothing has changed here, it's only a new graphics.
...Then again, perhaps you're right. :o

dog looks cute :)

Palette limitation... Maybe it can be done a bit better.

Hmm... As for me, Wolfenstein's dog sprite looks better, like a true battle dog. A new one is kinda home pet.  :)

I didn't want to constantly see my own dogs attacking me with berserker rage... Also in the base. :P

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: March 12, 2020, 06:33:01 am »
I didn't want to constantly see my own dogs attacking me with berserker rage... Also in the base. :P

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: March 12, 2020, 03:41:04 pm »
I would like to suggest an idea. What if we add the possibility of producing a stun bomb from alien gardens? When exploring alien gardens, we are told that the aliens make chemicals from them for their weapons. You can get the technology to produce these chemicals when you interrogate an alien medic. After that, the player gets the opportunity to process the gardens into chemicals that make chemical weapons, for example, as I have already suggested, a paralyzing bomb.Also, why not add an acid grenade to the game that would be used by aliens and then the player? It would also be made from chemicals.The branch of chemical weapons technologies can be well developed.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 12, 2020, 07:48:35 pm »
I would like to suggest an idea. What if we add the possibility of producing a stun bomb from alien gardens? When exploring alien gardens, we are told that the aliens make chemicals from them for their weapons. You can get the technology to produce these chemicals when you interrogate an alien medic. After that, the player gets the opportunity to process the gardens into chemicals that make chemical weapons, for example, as I have already suggested, a paralyzing bomb.Also, why not add an acid grenade to the game that would be used by aliens and then the player? It would also be made from chemicals.The branch of chemical weapons technologies can be well developed.

The problem is, alien gardens don't make stun bombs directly - they produce a large variety of advanced extraterrestrial chemicals which can be used for countless purposes. I get your point, and it would be nice to develop the chem tree better, but it's a fairly challenging problem. Maybe later.