Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720076 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE+] Original discussion thread
« Reply #1590 on: July 26, 2018, 07:04:29 pm »
Using the save file I attached earlier, I am now presented with an alien containment management screen at the end of the mission. I guess this is intended behavior.

Yes.

Perhaps the message could be changed, though (it says I must remove excess aliens from containment even though I don't have one).

This could be easily rephrased, if it's bothering you.
I left it as in original, because it's not bothering me :)

Wish it were possible to turn off the ability to transfer the aliens, but then I might as well just not use it.

It would be one more dimension to an already overcomplicated situation (and I didn't even tell you there is an unlimited number of alien containment types for various groups of creatures... by far my least favourite oxce+ feature).
I only hope that benefits from having after-mission-transfers (for other players) outweigh your non-vanilla frustration.

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: July 26, 2018, 07:48:38 pm »
Yes.

This could be easily rephrased, if it's bothering you.
I left it as in original, because it's not bothering me :)

It would be one more dimension to an already overcomplicated situation (and I didn't even tell you there is an unlimited number of alien containment types for various groups of creatures... by far my least favourite oxce+ feature).
I only hope that benefits from having after-mission-transfers (for other players) outweigh your non-vanilla frustration.

There is no frustration, just expressing my thoughts. Like I said, it might be easier to simply not use this feature instead. Especially since you say the situation is overcomplicated (well, I think I already got that when looking at the code and comparing it to plain OpenXcom). Maybe I will even try out one of those mods someday which make use of different alien containment types :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: July 29, 2018, 08:13:28 pm »
New OXCE+ version is up.

2018-07-29
 - Option to get a country back after they signed a pact with aliens: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5932.msg100448.html#msg100448
 - Added support for alien mission interruption: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6456.msg100411.html#msg100411
 - Fixed mission wave/objective mismatch: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5717.msg100406.html#msg100406
 - Added a 50-200% damage calculation type: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6455.msg100319.html#msg100319
 - Night vision can always be enabled
 - Grenade indicator in hand UI is now animated (same as in the Inventory)
 - Refactored hand UI drawing (now supports OXCE animation)
 - Fixed alien containment handling when limits are not enforced
 - Fixed crash when not all soldiers could be deployed and craft was lost
 - "New Battle" mode now has 2 ammo of each type instead of 1 by default
 - Fixed damage bonus from "strengthApplied" not showing in stats for nerds

Download: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedPlus/Extended+-3.10b-7e4188c64-2018-07-29-win32.7z
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:12:54 pm by Meridian »

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: July 30, 2018, 06:55:17 pm »
There seems to be a minor regression issue between builds 2018-07-29 and 2018-07-26. The weapon sprite in the status panel seems to disappear randomly while firing. Note that it has always done that once after clicking on the target (just before firing), but in that case everything in the panel disappears also (soldier stats, name etc.). In 2018-07-29 it seems to disappear randomly during the firing sequence, leaving only the ammo counter visible. This is most noticeable with auto shots.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: July 30, 2018, 08:03:00 pm »
@Meridian:
How do I activate the base-retake option?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: July 30, 2018, 11:11:20 pm »
@Meridian:
How do I activate the base-retake option?

You don't... let the modders do it.
It's not a user option, it's a modding parameter.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 03, 2018, 12:33:34 pm »
And a good one, just recoverd Spain in my recent campaign!  :D
Thanks so much for all your work here, Meridian.

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 03, 2018, 10:53:13 pm »
Hi again.

Found another bug in the latest build (2018-07-29).

Steps to reproduce:
  • Load save1.sav
  • Intercept the UFO with any craft (they are all armed), DO NOT SHOOT THE UFO DOWN, minimize the interception window instead
  • Load save2.sav
  • BOOM - segmentation fault

Unfortunately, these steps are not reliable (the crash doesn't always happen). But it appears the memory becomes corrupted after performing steps 1-3 and any further action taken may result in a crash or freeze. I had OXCE+ lock up completely when trying to load save2.sav again after it loaded normally for the first time. In another attempt to reproduce the bug, I had OXCE+ crash when exiting the game. I couldn't reproduce this in vanilla OpenXcom (though it might be subject to this bug as well, considering the apparent randomness in how it can manifest itself).

Tested on a clean installation - no mods used and no mods present. OS is Windows 10 x64, using build from the URL in the corresponding forum post (win32). BTW, the win64 build doesn't seem to work at all on my system (it just doesn't start, no error message or anything).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 04, 2018, 03:41:06 pm »
Yeah, trying to access already deleted objects... also applies to vanilla.

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 05, 2018, 12:46:48 pm »
Yeah, trying to access already deleted objects... also applies to vanilla.

I see. Hope it can be fixed in future vanilla and OXCE+ builds, then. Maybe file a report on the bug tracker for that one?

Here is another, this time OXCE+ exclusive issue (maybe I should create separate threads for them?): Chryssalid's "built-in" weapon has no sprite in the status panel (viewable when mind controlled), while in vanilla OXC it does have one. Not sure why, as the corresponding resource is present and rulesets appear to be identical. All other "built-in" weapons (Celatid, Silacoid, Reaper, Zombie) have their sprites correctly displayed. See the attached screenshot and save file.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 05, 2018, 07:33:36 pm »
I see. Hope it can be fixed in future vanilla and OXCE+ builds, then. Maybe file a report on the bug tracker for that one?

I have made a partial fix for OXCE+ (which had a bit more stuff in the destructor)... it's now only as bad as in OXC.

Here is another, this time OXCE+ exclusive issue (maybe I should create separate threads for them?): Chryssalid's "built-in" weapon has no sprite in the status panel (viewable when mind controlled), while in vanilla OXC it does have one. Not sure why, as the corresponding resource is present and rulesets appear to be identical. All other "built-in" weapons (Celatid, Silacoid, Reaper, Zombie) have their sprites correctly displayed. See the attached screenshot and save file.

This is a known OXCE issue... 2+ years old.
Yankes doesn't seem to be very interested in fixing it; or forgot about it.

Reason: the sprite ID = -1, which is normally a default value meaning "not set", but in this case it is unfortunately a valid index.

I'll fix it in OXCE+.

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 05, 2018, 07:49:23 pm »
I have made a partial fix for OXCE+ (which had a bit more stuff in the destructor)... it's now only as bad as in OXC.

OK, I've filed a bug report so that OXC developers don't foget about it.

Reason: the sprite ID = -1, which is normally a default value meaning "not set", but in this case it is unfortunately a valid index.

I'll fix it in OXCE+.

I see. Thank you then :)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 05, 2018, 09:10:06 pm »

I'll fix it in OXCE+.
I probably forget about this, overall then every item with `-1` will be claws? If yes then simplest way to fix this is change in `BattleItem::getBigSprite(SurfaceSet *set)` and remove `if (i != -1)` check.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 05, 2018, 09:16:38 pm »
I probably forget about this, overall then every item with `-1` will be claws? If yes then simplest way to fix this is change in `BattleItem::getBigSprite(SurfaceSet *set)` and remove `if (i != -1)` check.

I will just change the default in RuleItem from -1 to -999; and the above check accordingly too.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 05, 2018, 09:26:39 pm »
Right, this will work too, probably no modder used `-1` for "none" in this case.