Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1460426 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #300 on: April 15, 2016, 07:04:07 pm »
I just noticed that pretty much all corpses in the Piratez_Factions.rul are recover: false. I'm quite confused as a lot of research projects still require them.

I've been struggling along fighting security guards for most of my missions (somehow all I get is Academy targets, with no academician in sight, only a few explorers and a LOT of guards & drones) and was thinking "at least I get lots of armor parts", until I noticed I didn't have any, the debriefing page didn't say I looted anything and then looked in the ruleset.

You have the newest EXE, don't you?
Until very recently, the "recover" flag didn't do anything for corpses... I changed it, so that the flag is now considered (Solarius' request).
Dioxine will have to revisit all those flags I guess...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2016, 07:19:58 pm »
Yeah, I pulled it from your git and compiled a few days ago. The last commit I have is from April 12th, with an interesting "Aargh" commit message ;) I guess that'll teach me to run the game with the proper exe instead of going for the newest one..

So.. that's interesting. Looking at the rulesets, most enemy units have a "corpseGeo" defined along with their corpseBattle. So one is there purely for battle graphics and one is the item you recover.

It looks like things worked for the bandits I faced in a pogrom, at least, as I did get the medallion and chemicals I would expect. Probably scrap metals too. All of these items have "recover: true" so they worked. But if I understand your code properly, you look at the "corpseGeo" and determine if it is recoverable, then only recover it if true? So all my security/academy corpses, since they are set to "recover: false" are not recovered? hum..

The recovery flag check makes sense for corpseBattle (for the multiple corpse tiles of 2x2 units, and for units who also have a corpseGeo defined), but for corpseGeo it's a bit odd. It seems like if something is defined as a corpseGeo, it should be recovered.. What's the point of "corpseGeo" if not recovery? I'll have a look for Solarius' request I guess.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:48:06 pm by Arthanor »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 15, 2016, 08:01:14 pm »
Old:
- corpseGeo always recovered
- corpseBattle never recovered

New:
- corpseGeo recovered if recover flag = true
- corpseBattle still never recovered

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2016, 08:26:41 pm »
Oh, I thought you could recover corpseBattle items too. Still confusing me as to the point of it:

If you don't want to recover anything, isn't it easier to not define a corpseGeo than to define one with "recover: false"?

If you want something, then defining a corpseGeo will give it (provided the item has "recover: true" in your new version, or always in the old but if you define a corpseGeo, presumably you want it).

Anyhow.. I'll swap the corpses to "recover: true" and add a few things to my vaults so that should be fixed. Thanks!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 15, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »
Are you asking how it works or making suggestion how it could work?

Because corpseGeo cannot be empty afaik, even if modder leaves it empty, it is populated by the first corpseBattle from the list.
And it's used on more places than just after-mission recovery... the game would just crash without it.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 15, 2016, 10:41:34 pm »
I was asking how it works. The bit I was missing was that there is a default value (first corpse of corpseBattle) since the UFOPaedia ruleset page didn't say there was a default (it lists default as "-").

It all makes sense now. Thank you!

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2016, 12:27:55 pm »
The game immediately crashes when I click 'Start Production' button on  Hellerium Distilling. There is no error in openxcom.log.

In Piratez_lang.rul file:
2 occurence of: STR_RIFLE_CLIP_PS: Assault Rifle Clip/PS
STR_NAZI_KKK_UFOPEDIA - typpo "symphatize"

I am not sure about:
STR_BLUNDERBUSS_UFOPEDIA - there is a word "grapnel". Shouldn't it be "shrapnel"?
STR_CYBERDISC_AUTOPSY: "Cyberdisc Wreckage Examination", but there is "Cyberdisc Corpse" ingame. Shouldn't it be "Cyberdisc Wreckage"?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2016, 12:51:54 pm »
The game immediately crashes when I click 'Start Production' button on  Hellerium Distilling. There is no error in openxcom.log.

Bug fix is here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.msg61855.html#msg61855

It will be fixed in the next release.

EDIT:  @Dioxine: Academy Provost (STR_SECTOID_COMMANDER) is missing a proper lookup in the ruleset (currently STR_SECTOID, should be STR_SECTOID_COMMANDER)... same is probably true for a few more units, which you share with vanilla, e.g. Esper, etc.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:49:57 pm by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2016, 01:45:41 am »
Fixed. Thank you!

Offline sabrecat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2016, 09:05:38 am »
In the latest version, I keep finding things like STR_CORPSE_RUNT in my loot. What's that supposed to be? (There was at least one other similar STR_CORPSE_something, but I forgot to note it down.)

This is on a save from the version immediately previous; do I need to do some save editing, maybe?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2016, 09:16:11 am »
Oops. More victims of Meridian's behaviour change on corpses. :) It seems while I fixed enemy corpses, I forgot to do the same for the gals. There will be a fix posted, for now just ignore this, it's harmless.

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2016, 03:24:42 pm »
I don't know if it's intended but if you're using a staff of airless, it's gone after you use every charge.
But if you use it once, it's still exists for example. Don't know if other staves have the same "issue".

Don't know if it's already fixed or if you want to leave it:
You changed nuclear fuel to hellerium and in the describtion of boneventure is still written "nuclear fuel".
I was confused and search for "nuclear fuel" until I realized it was hellerium.
It is written: You loose if you don't have any nuclear fuel. So you look after that in the game and can't find it until you realize it's
hellerium.
Minor thing.

At the options: see picture. Fresh install.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:38:21 pm by superschokokeks »

Offline bluberd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2016, 04:10:15 pm »
Gents,

First of thank you very much for creating that mod and supporting it, last time I had so much fun playing xcom was probably about 20 years ago :)

Anyways, I researched "Laser weapons manufacture" and I can manufacture clips for hunting and hydra laser (and only manufacture hunting laser). Bootypedia says about Lasgun that I can replicate the weaker clips, but I cannot manufacture them. Is it supposed to be like that? I could really use those Lasguns...
I was using 0.98b now swithed to 0.98c and the issue remains.
I attach save, thank you for your help.
Regards,

Piotr
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:33:24 pm by bluberd »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2016, 04:25:30 pm »
No, you can't manufacture them. Little point with how many there are to be looted.

Offline bluberd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2016, 04:30:54 pm »
No, you can't manufacture them. Little point with how many there are to be looted.

Oh, ok, thank you for the replay.
Thing is I run out of them now and I meet no one to loot it from :/
So, works for some, but not me...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:32:52 pm by bluberd »