aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1418563 times)

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2016, 09:52:28 am »
I cloned the OXCE+ from https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/tree/oxce2.9-plus-proto , then compiled according to https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Compiling_%28OpenXcom%29 , then copied over UFO and TFTD assets and Piratez data into their respective folders. Oddly, the compilation didn't put the  openxcom executable into the bin folder, I had to do that manually.

When I try to run it,  I get a "signal 11" crash and the attached error log.

The highlight appears to to be
[FATAL]   /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x36d40) [0x7fd9eca2fd40]

So I looked into what causes errors relating to libc.so.6, and followed the directions here https://askubuntu.com/questions/40416/why-is-lib-libc-so-6-missing
But that didn't help, so then I tried sudo apt-get install libc6* to install both 64 and 32-bit versions of everything that it might be missing. Still the same error.

I apologize if I'm missing something simple. I'm trying to wean completely off Windows but I'm not that sophisticated with any form of Linux yet either.

I'm just wondering whether it's a cardinal sin in OSS to redistribute the motherfucking libraries you use for compiling the motherfucking software?
Because I always seem to see people not having those specific versions of something something that you need to compile the fucking thing.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2016, 09:54:43 am »
I am no Linux guru, can't help you with the error.

But I have compiled my own version on Kubuntu just now and it works for me.
Please try this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YbFBiZ19kSG9KN1E

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2016, 02:05:52 pm »
When I try to run it,  I get a "signal 11" crash and the attached error log.

Could you compile with `-g` and then run it in gdb? This will show exactly place where program tried access invalid memory.

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2016, 08:08:29 am »
When I try to start a Hellerium Distilling job (after having an Extractor), the game crashes.

Additionally, the job lists its units produced as "Hellerium Distilling", which I assume is part of the issue.

Attached is a save; just go to the hideout and try to start a Hellerium Distilling manufacturing job to reproduce the crash.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2016, 08:53:36 am »
Already reported and fixed, wait for update.

Offline DoktorV

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2016, 06:49:52 am »
I figured out my problem, it turned out I didn't have the 32 bit versions of some dependencies, I thought I did but I must've made a mistake trying to install them. Once I had all of those it started working, and now I appear to have full function.

Offline MeteorBear

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 12, 2016, 10:04:28 am »
Into July of first year and all country and city names have disappeared along with the borders. Its been like this the last few loads.
Ver 2.9a
Windows 7

Great game btw!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #277 on: April 12, 2016, 05:58:21 pm »
Into July of first year and all country and city names have disappeared along with the borders. Its been like this the last few loads.
Ver 2.9a
Windows 7

Great game btw!

You must have hit the HotKey for Countries.
"Tab – Toggle Country Detail (show the outlines on the map"
from the Ufopaedia OpenXcom Controls page: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Controls_(OpenXcom)

Offline MeteorBear

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 13, 2016, 02:09:20 am »
Ah, I see, thanks!

Offline sabrecat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2016, 04:57:14 am »
Maybe an XCom Extended bug, but:

Gal empty on Energy but with quite a few Time Units remaining attempts to open a door. Gets the "not enough time units" blare instead of "not enough Energy".

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 13, 2016, 06:39:18 am »
That particular issue is another long occurring flaw since no one has bothered to craft a separate error message for energy. I'm frankly impressed we have separate messages for the various types of LOS failures. All 3 are the same type of failure as far as the game cares. And energy shows up so rarely as an issue in unmoded play. piratez has it all the damn time on the other hand because we have negative energy recovery on almost every power armor.   

Offline sabrecat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 13, 2016, 08:02:03 pm »
Oh, interesting. Though we do have a "not enough energy" error, it just doesn't always display when you'd expect it to.

What I reported may be a subtly different problem, though. It seems that you get a "not enough time units" error when failing an "open door" click, regardless of why it didn't work. Last night I was on a TFTD or TFTD-inspired terror map whose doors apparently don't close once opened. (You can walk straight through them once open, and they don't budge.) I didn't realize that at first, though, and got the "not enough time units" error when trying to click one shut, with both TU and Energy to spare.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2016, 11:40:07 pm »
Oh hehe i remember those one time doors.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 14, 2016, 05:42:07 am »
Minor Bug: Plasma subrifle clips appear as "STR_PIR_SUBRIFLE_CLIP" in manufacturing menu popup after plasma weapons research is completed.

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 14, 2016, 04:42:07 pm »
After a while of thinking, researching people and viewing I come to conclusion:
There have to be a research bug in game somewhere or the Techtree page is wrong.

That tech tree, which you can look up at the internet shows if you need hostages for researches.
For Diplomacy you don't need one, but I got trough asking friendly a guild hostess.
but I still can't research Interrogation Techniques.
Then I ask myself: What if there's two Diplomacy-research-items? For some reason you can see two Diplomacy-Items in the research tree-page, but both gives you the same page.
So one Diplomacy-Mission for Ufos and something that do other stuff and you need to come further.

Most of the hostages I capture I can't research anymore.
That mean I have to capture more of other people.
I upload my savegame and well then.

I get annoyed of myself for being so present at this forum and posting one "issue" to another.
That means I tried to make sure that I didn't do something wrong. I'm half sure my savegame missing a Key-research-item.