Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434122 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2016, 04:41:03 pm »
Just use some other of hundreds of weapons.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 18, 2016, 11:26:04 am »
Missing strings:
STR_CORPSE_UNARMORED (probably dead body of civilian)
STR_CORPSE_PIR_CLOTHING

+ STR_CORPSE_SWIMSUIT
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:21:31 pm by Bartojan »

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 18, 2016, 12:54:32 pm »
Unsure if typos should be reported in this thread, but "Activities:  Political" is listed on the research screen as "Activities:  Politiical", with an extra 'i'.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2016, 01:17:53 pm »
A small bug: In my loot lists STR_CORPSE_PIRATE_CLOTHING appears sometimes, even if I do not lose any of my gals. And i fought guys in personal/power armor, which makes the whole thing even more mysterious. I think you forgot to set RECOVER: FALSE in those corpses?

And there are some STR_'s missing , mostly for the new exe stuff like the 2 new options and other ingame text.

Dioxine, FWIW: Not many know (or better remember) it, but there's a debug option for developers in OXC, enable it in the option.cfg and press CTRL+D when in game, you can then access all manufactures, researches, ufopedia entries etc and check them all for missing strings and other things. That way you can get rid of all those STR bugs at once. Interestingly most of the newer OXC exe developers do not seem to remember that trick either, there were MANY missing strings when they decided to add TFTD support....  :D

You can also use it in the battle generator (or in game battles) to take control of civilians, aliens etc, and watch them do their job)...

see here: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Hidden_Features_%28OpenXcom%29
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:26:17 pm by new_civilian »

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2016, 02:50:05 pm »
random generation terror map had a building floor without an entrance:

Nevermind. There was an elevator, that was hard to spot

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #320 on: April 18, 2016, 03:32:24 pm »
Hobbes' maps are tricky and mysterious :)

And yeah, this version has a bug with pirate corpses being recovered somehow. Just ignore it, or add recover: false flag to all of them, if you're savvy (piratez. rul. all the way from STR_CORPSE to STR_CORPSE_ARRANCAR_ARMOR).

Unsure if typos should be reported in this thread, but "Activities:  Political" is listed on the research screen as "Activities:  Politiical", with an extra 'i'.

Fixed, thanks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 03:33:57 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2016, 03:37:32 pm »
In my save, I discovered Mysterious Siberia Base. Launched the Bonny for it only to discover that the game CTD once the Bonny got there.

Version used is 0.98C with the latest Meridian .exe.

Is this base one of the mansion thingy's? Could the problem be I was using my customised Shogun armor and the game CTD'd because it wasnt allowed?

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 18, 2016, 03:52:08 pm »
Either there are insane local govt or the research against sway govt doesn't work. I'm not sure

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2016, 04:07:24 pm »
In my save, I discovered Mysterious Siberia Base. Launched the Bonny for it only to discover that the game CTD once the

I probably fukked sth up. It's still an experimental feature. I will investigate, thx for the save!

Either there are insane local govt or the research against sway govt doesn't work. I'm not sure

Once Sway Govt mission has started, it has to finish its course; it's hardcoded that way. By finishing its course the game means converting a whole continent. But, since you have that research done, after this is finished, no more Sway Govt missions will be generated.

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2016, 04:33:57 pm »
So there are insane govts. good to know : |

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »
In my save, I discovered Mysterious Siberia Base. Launched the Bonny for it only to discover that the game CTD once the Bonny got there.

Looks like it's actually normal when upgrading a save - mission scripts go haywire. In all probability you've fallen victim to that.

Offline sabrecat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2016, 07:33:37 pm »
Issue with the new Fatal Wounds indicator: mouseover still says "Center on Enemy". This legit confused me for a bit! I thought maybe it was saying something like "you spotted an enemy during their turn; they're not visible now, but they were somewhere around here."

I admit I was skeptical at first, like Dioxine, about having yet another warning light about wounds. But having played with it a bit, I particularly appreciate that it lets me center in on an unconscious bleeding gal--on some maps, that eliminates some substantial (and potentially lethal) hassle.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 18, 2016, 07:57:58 pm »
how do i fix it?

Offline Warzameg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 18, 2016, 08:15:12 pm »
A couple of typos on the BootyPedia menu:

- Vessels and there armament (should be 'their')
- Combat units and armors (should just be 'armor')

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2016, 10:41:51 pm »
Magischen-Motors. If this is german (maybe it's correct. Don't every word), do you want to correct it?
right grammer is: Magische-Motors. but mixed up language are somewhat difficult. hard task to write the right german article to a english word <.<
Magische Motoren. Die magischen Motoren.
Wow. Now I'm confused. with article I would write it with "N" .
I would write without n for  the bootypedia and don't think about grammar anymore because propor name.
Better ask a german-speaking guy of your trust.
Still, just a minor thing.
..Maybe it isn't german at all. Some piratish future speak: magical. aayee kaptn here's that magischen-motors, ou wanted!