Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1418547 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2016, 07:43:46 pm »
DR_Amazing: Try this page for instructions...
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Info_(Piratez)#WINDOWS

Offline kingdingeling

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2016, 10:43:57 pm »
Hi, I am new to this. I have bought TFTD on GOG.com
After installing the game (unzipping the openxcom_x-piratez folder, copying the full game directory from the GOG-files) the game gives me an error saying "sample2.cat" not found. Did I do something wrong on installation or does this mod not work with TFTD from GOG.com? (the install instructions are not very clear on this).

Thank you

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #257 on: April 04, 2016, 10:50:48 pm »
Nope, this is a Mod for UFO, not TftD.   :-\

Offline kingdingeling

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2016, 10:56:51 pm »
Ok, thanks. I bought the game after reading about it on rockpaperscissors and they said that it worked with TFTD. But thanks for the fast reply, at least i wont waste my time trying to get it to run...  :'(

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2016, 11:52:04 pm »
OpenXcom works with UFO and TftD now, but XPirateZ is a mod for UFO.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2016, 12:03:36 am »
Ok, thanks. I bought the game after reading about it on rockpaperscissors and they said that it worked with TFTD. But thanks for the fast reply, at least i wont waste my time trying to get it to run...  :'(

The mod is not for the classic TFTD, but for Openxcom, a remake clone. You can download it for free on the main page, but you'll still need the resources from the first X-Com game (UFO: Enemy Unknown or X-Com: UFO Defense, depending on which side of the pond you live).

Offline Warzameg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 05, 2016, 12:11:20 am »
I'm getting crashes to desktop in two situations with the attached save.

A) Hellerium Stilling

1) Open the manufacturing screen.
2) Click on New Production.
3) Select Hellerium Distilling.
4) Click on Start Production.

B) Mutant Pogrom

Send the Bonaventura to Mutant Pogrom 11.  The game crashes on arrival.

Offline Dr_Amazing

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 05, 2016, 02:10:58 am »
Yup that did it.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 05, 2016, 10:12:28 am »
A) Hellerium Stilling
B) Mutant Pogrom

@Dioxine:
A/ fails on getting the sellCost of STR_ELERIUM_115_XXX
B/ fails on map generation

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #264 on: April 05, 2016, 12:52:55 pm »
Thanks Meridian, but there was no need for that, old standard bugs in both cases :) I missed a code line, Hobbes had a map definition bug. Same old, same old...

Actually haven't been able to recreate the map crash, since it spawns Industrial not Area 51 for me :/

And for Christ sake, don't play Ironman mode, you're just asking for AYYY LMAO A BUG SIX MONTHS OF PROGRESS LOST.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:23:32 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Intikhab

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2016, 03:07:39 am »

A) Hellerium Stilling

1) Open the manufacturing screen.
2) Click on New Production.
3) Select Hellerium Distilling.
4) Click on Start Production.

B) Mutant Pogrom

Send the Bonaventura to Mutant Pogrom 11.  The game crashes on arrival.

Founded distilling hellerium bug a week ago but just made account today, i am just busy with my studies and also getting the know how of the game. Started first time playing week ago and playing on easiest difficulty lost 2 games due to poor choices and not understanding the limits for extracting the junk full vaults to do anything right etc mistakes. Third time trying to play by save scumming to understand what is what! . Is save scumming considered easy way out as a cheat? Because i usually play without save scumming but this mod i don't know what my brain is thinking not playing it right and losing!

Offline DoktorV

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2016, 07:41:10 am »
I'm new to PirateZ (and OpenXcom generally) so perhaps I've missed something, but I haven't found any reference to the bug I'm encountering anywhere on the forum.

On the inventory screens, both before and during a sortie, the hand slots are often blanked out and items can't be equipped to them. Using 'clear inventory' on someone in this state causes further oddities with blank spaces in the equipment store at the bottom. I've attached a save which should reproduce the problem.

If it matters, I'm on Kubuntu, and I compiled OpenXcom-extended myself from the git page.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2016, 09:15:17 am »
Founded distilling hellerium bug a week ago but just made account today, i am just busy with my studies and also getting the know how of the game. Started first time playing week ago and playing on easiest difficulty lost 2 games due to poor choices and not understanding the limits for extracting the junk full vaults to do anything right etc mistakes. Third time trying to play by save scumming to understand what is what! . Is save scumming considered easy way out as a cheat? Because i usually play without save scumming but this mod i don't know what my brain is thinking not playing it right and losing!

Can you provide a save? Because that's unusual.

I'm new to PirateZ (and OpenXcom generally) so perhaps I've missed something, but I haven't found any reference to the bug I'm encountering anywhere on the forum.

On the inventory screens, both before and during a sortie, the hand slots are often blanked out and items can't be equipped to them. Using 'clear inventory' on someone in this state causes further oddities with blank spaces in the equipment store at the bottom. I've attached a save which should reproduce the problem.

If it matters, I'm on Kubuntu, and I compiled OpenXcom-extended myself from the git page.

Just to be sure, are you using basic OXCE by Yankes or the further modified version by Meridian? Because it should be Meridian's version.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2016, 10:18:17 am »

You need OXCE+ instead of OXCE for this to work properly.
(source code here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/tree/oxce2.9-plus-proto)

Offline DoktorV

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 09, 2016, 03:36:52 am »
I cloned the OXCE+ from https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/tree/oxce2.9-plus-proto , then compiled according to https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Compiling_%28OpenXcom%29 , then copied over UFO and TFTD assets and Piratez data into their respective folders. Oddly, the compilation didn't put the  openxcom executable into the bin folder, I had to do that manually.

When I try to run it,  I get a "signal 11" crash and the attached error log.

The highlight appears to to be
[FATAL]   /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x36d40) [0x7fd9eca2fd40]

So I looked into what causes errors relating to libc.so.6, and followed the directions here https://askubuntu.com/questions/40416/why-is-lib-libc-so-6-missing
But that didn't help, so then I tried sudo apt-get install libc6* to install both 64 and 32-bit versions of everything that it might be missing. Still the same error.

I apologize if I'm missing something simple. I'm trying to wean completely off Windows but I'm not that sophisticated with any form of Linux yet either.