Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612152 times)

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J1 - 20 May - Fistful of Ammunition
« Reply #5535 on: May 27, 2018, 01:07:49 am »
Can i suggest to move "aqua plastics" into sub-category?
well... QOL feature for science  :)
https://imgur.com/a/SOrmi3Q
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:11:34 am by FG »

Offline Voidflame

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: May 27, 2018, 01:12:53 am »
I like the new hiding item in purchase screen feature, much less clutter now. =w=
Throwing stuff cost a bit more TU, which is fair i suppose.
Haxxor is a nice addition, a good early in-between sniper rifle.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: May 27, 2018, 01:51:17 am »
Actually the haxor is more like a standard scoped rifle. It has neither minimum range, dmg scaleing, or skill squared accuracy scale.

magus1

« Reply #5538 on: May 27, 2018, 02:51:11 am »
Where I can find wrench (except interrogation)? It needed for researching workshop.

And,  if you looking Lokk'Naar scriptures - you may got it as loot in desert maps with rock buildings ruins.

Oh, I like that little detail, the designers tipping their hats to the Dead Sea Scrolls found in Israel.

This kind of detail makes this the best ever mod.

:]

Magus1

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J1 - 20 May - Fistful of Ammunition
« Reply #5539 on: May 27, 2018, 06:19:52 pm »
hi Piraterz! ;D

great (and HUGE :o ) job! 

almost everything is welldone,

(except - why you now, in last 1 - 2 versions, quitted, deleted those few (sub)categories - in "Fence Stuff Away" ,  (Selling Stuffs, and also Purchasing too.. )

the "old" subcategories which were there, - were good, and logical ones :

1. People (Personnels, /piratersz staff..)

2. Enemies ( /Monsters)

3.) RawResources  ( /Treasure)

4.)  Hangars, - "Airplanes & armaments

( and possibly - 5. Stores,  small storage & equipments.. )

.. + and also, - such subcategories were very useful, -as they were very quickly accessibles, straight quickly ´way´ into each kind of stuffs..

-------------------

btw. - important

i offer & recommend you, for uploading new "editions of X-Piraterz, - try, look at

www.ulozto.cz

yap,
(as "back-up, /secondary external  data-store.. )

magus1

« Reply #5540 on: May 28, 2018, 07:26:04 am »
Dioxine,

a query:

It seems to be more worthwhile to just sell prisoners than rob them. After a certain amount of research, for example GOs, they stop telling
 you anything but give 2x the $ to sell them.

Am I a missing something?

Best regards,

Magus1

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #5541 on: May 28, 2018, 07:46:47 am »
Yes, Ransom is often more profitable than Robbery.    There are some exceptions however.

Robbery gives you access to whatever special resources the enemy might yield, (Aqua Plastics, Kevlar Armor, Power Armor Parts, Rare Earth Elements, etc.)   Beyond that, there is the opportunity to take the credits from the Robbery and multiply them in the Mint.  This can bring in significantly more than the simple Ransom price.

Finally, the best use of most prisoners is Slaves!  Slaves save you precious building tiles on your base by giving you negative space.  Beyond that, they also pay their own way, in that you get money from them every month!  In a late campaign, its not out of the question to be bringing in hundreds of thousands to millions, per month, from the slaves.

Spoiler:

So, once I get slavery, I usually just Ransom off most captives that can't be slaved, but use Robbery only on Priests (Force Circuitry) and Marsec Bodyguards (Power Armor Parts) and specials like them.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J1 - 20 May - Fistful of Ammunition
« Reply #5542 on: May 28, 2018, 03:09:21 pm »
what about add 1 helicopter, - for example, RAH66-Comanche ?  as mid range, attack "vehicle", for slow very small, small, - to medium ufos (respectively, planes..) ?

..and you just MUST add the experimental, prototyphe, TR-3B "flying-saucer", you know,
that with anti-grav, superconductive, supercooled "ring", -gravitic, mass.less effects, by *Skunk Works team"

strongly recommend :p

..and 1 really heavy, HUGE lifter, ultra big transport plane - Mrija, An-225,
or B-380..

\     and /or  V-22 Osprey, medium lifter, transport & (close-air)support plane...

also, what about add few new suggestions, to new Rooms, into buildings :

Garden, (Farm) /hydroponics Room,

fully equipped Hospital

un-conquerable Fortress, /Bunker (*Tresor, - smthng like *Panic Room* ), extremely good, versatile, and strong heavy armed, and tought locked..

magus1

« Reply #5543 on: May 29, 2018, 03:39:31 am »
Yes, Ransom is often more profitable than Robbery.    There are some exceptions however.

Robbery gives you access to whatever special resources the enemy might yield, (Aqua Plastics, Kevlar Armor, Power Armor Parts, Rare Earth Elements, etc.)   Beyond that, there is the opportunity to take the credits from the Robbery and multiply them in the Mint.  This can bring in significantly more than the simple Ransom price.

Finally, the best use of most prisoners is Slaves!  Slaves save you precious building tiles on your base by giving you negative space.  Beyond that, they also pay their own way, in that you get money from them every month!  In a late campaign, its not out of the question to be bringing in hundreds of thousands to millions, per month, from the slaves.

Spoiler:

So, once I get slavery, I usually just Ransom off most captives that can't be slaved, but use Robbery only on Priests (Force Circuitry) and Marsec Bodyguards (Power Armor Parts) and specials like them.

Thank you Ivan!  I had not gone down the Slavery route when it was so obvious :D

I don't know about a mint yet but will watch out. TY for these 'soft' spoilers - more like a debate really and I am desperate for $$$$!

Here is a thing, the mansion missions are difficult but I don't see the point of wench/maid when I can get more with thief trappings and maybe 1 or 2 nurses. Not a criticism of balance, I just don't know how to use the first two I guess.

Magus1

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: May 29, 2018, 03:53:50 am »
You can clear mansion with thief outfits? I admire you. Personally, I don't take them despite their camo because of harsh penalties they impose.

Also, maid is the default outfit if you bring something non-appropriate, and I do that a lot because I'm a logistically lazy person. It's not bad, too; no big penalties, enough space to fit gun + dagger + rum + explosives.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #5545 on: May 29, 2018, 05:37:49 am »
Yeah, I go with primary maids in my Mansions.  Any witches or seductresses play too, but I strictly avoid Theif due to energy and stat penalties.  I'm usually there to kill em all, not loot and scoot, so Thief is not my bag.

magus1

« Reply #5546 on: May 29, 2018, 11:37:13 am »
Thank you for both your tactics; I am going to test maid more; I guess you clear the mansions so do not need the Thief trappings with the extra backpack space. Greattuna what did you mean by non-appropriate? Ivan, I used a seductress and she worked against low level creeps - I guess I need to examine which is my best gal to be one and not just randomly hand out costumes though.

Best regards,

Mags

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #5547 on: May 29, 2018, 12:18:28 pm »

Finally, the best use of most prisoners is Slaves!  Slaves save you precious building tiles on your base by giving you negative space.  Beyond that, they also pay their own way, in that you get money from them every month! 

they save building space, build.´tiles, for Rooms in base, or just storage space, in Store rooms ? ?  ??? :-\
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:34:35 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: May 29, 2018, 01:11:04 pm »
With enough slaves you don't need as many vaults (ok, with enough of them you don't need any, but I never got that far), so you can build something else in that tile.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: May 29, 2018, 03:45:59 pm »
On slaves - you can get negative storage if you have enough of them.