Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610570 times)

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - Under A Killing Moon
« Reply #4950 on: October 10, 2017, 11:57:48 am »
As with others - deal stun damage with your stun weapon of choice to just below the HP value (mind probe helps to find the exact dosage), then do a little HP damage with your little-damage-dealing-weapon-of-choice so that HP drops just a bit below the current stun.

Alternatively, unload into them with weapons that have shock x2 or shock x3 in their descriptions, I did not test it but assume you will get one stunned eventually with low damage rolls.

The problem is not making them go down stunned. The problem is that the moment the animation finishes you are still left with just a corpse. In one can case I had a strix zombie with still over 200Hp and more than the whole visible hp bar worth of stun and I down with a few hits from the leather whip, deals nearly no lethal damage at all. It didn't matter I still just got a corpse.

And not getting a live one is a bit of problem since there is other research that depends on it.

Offline raziel_malakai1981

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - Under A Killing Moon
« Reply #4951 on: October 11, 2017, 01:42:26 am »
i was thinking the other day on possible new missions that would be cool and in-theme with x-piratez after going over the "escaped lunatic" page and i was wondering how feasible would it be to do an sanitarium/asylum mission as as an addition or replacement to organ grinders? Also another thing that i thing might work pretty well with respect to the existing archeological digs missions - grave robbers :), preferably magical girls' or just ridicolously overloaded with zombies instead which you harvest for their bits and pieces post-mission

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - Under A Killing Moon
« Reply #4952 on: October 11, 2017, 09:24:00 pm »
Extending the Soundtrack:

How do I add new GMTACTIC and GMGEO tracks to the existing XPiratez music to be played at random sometimes? 

Will these entries work?

Piratez.rul:

- type: mainMenu         // default XPiratez entry
    music: GMSTORY        // default XPiratez entry
  - type: mainMenu
    music: GMSTORY2     // new track
  - type: mainMenu
    music: GMSTORY3    // new track

Or should the above look like:

- type: mainMenu         // default XPiratez entry
    musics:
  - type: GMSTORY        // default XPiratez entry
  - type: GMSTORY2        // new music
  - type: GMSTORY3        // new music

--------------

Will this work?

musics:
  - type: GMINTER01
  - type: ZIZZ_STUDIO_SPOOKY_SCAPE
    normalization: 1.0
  - type: AS_2_AMBIENT_02
  - type: AS_2_THEME
  - type: GMTACTIC
  - type: GMTACTIC2         // new musics
  - type: GMTACTIC3
  - type: GMTACTIC4
  - type: GMTACTIC5
  - type: GMTACTIC6
  - type: GMTACTIC7
  - type: GMTACTIC8
  - type: GMTACTIC9
  - type: GMTACTIC10
  - type: GMTACTIC11
  - type: GMTACTIC12

----------------

MISSION BRIEFING: adding more randomly  selected tracks

- type: STR_TERROR_MISSION_NO_PENALTY
    alert: STR_ALIENS_TERRORISE
    alertDescription: STR_TERROR_MISSION_BRIEFING
    alertBackground: BACK03.SCR
    briefing:
      palette: 2
      music: GMENBASE   
      music: GMENBASE2   // Will this work?

Or this one maybe?

briefing:
      palette: 2
musics:
  - type: GMINTER01
  - type: GMINTER02  // new music to be selected at random
  - type: GMINTER03  // new music to be selected at random
  - type: GMINTER04 // new music to be selected at random?

--------------

Or should I simply expand  \\XPiratez\standard\xcom1\music.rul like this?

musics:
  - type: GMDEFEND
    catPos: 3
    normalization: 0.76
 //[..skipped vanilla entries to make my post short]

- type: GMGEO3     // Will new music tracks work like this?
  - type: GMGEO4
  - type: GMGEO5
  - type: GMGEO6
  - type: GMGEO7
  - type: GMGEO8
  - type: GMGEO9
  - type: GMGEO10
  - type: GMGEO11
  - type: GMGEO12
  - type: GMGEO13
  - type: GMGEO14
  - type: GMGEO15

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: October 12, 2017, 01:56:05 pm »
New patch scheduled?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4954 on: October 12, 2017, 03:39:39 pm »
New patch scheduled?
It may be a while as Dioxine is taking a bit of a break right now after almost two solid years of development.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: October 12, 2017, 04:58:06 pm »
In that case sweet sweet holidays~

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: October 12, 2017, 08:56:42 pm »
The problem is not making them go down stunned. The problem is that the moment the animation finishes you are still left with just a corpse.

It may be a while as Dioxine is taking a bit of a break right now after almost two solid years of development.

I may suggest that in lieu of a patch you just cheat. If you think you got one to go down, save your game and add a live strix to your base inventory (or alien containment or whatever section it goes in). And if you're in hardcore mode do it after the mission finishes of course.

There isn't anything dishonorable about that, you're only modifying it in a way it would already be modified if it was properly functioning. Even less so, since you'd only be giving yourself one zombie to research, not the others that you should also be getting that could be butchered for more hellerium or a higher sale price.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: October 14, 2017, 05:14:48 pm »
The problem is not making them go down stunned. The problem is that the moment the animation finishes you are still left with just a corpse. In one can case I had a strix zombie with still over 200Hp and more than the whole visible hp bar worth of stun and I down with a few hits from the leather whip, deals nearly no lethal damage at all. It didn't matter I still just got a corpse.

And not getting a live one is a bit of problem since there is other research that depends on it.

Perhaps their capture is not been programmed in yet? Not sure about this current version, but I swear that in the one immediately before, Strix couldn't be captured alive no matter what, they always were supposed to die: I checked and there wasn't an entry for them in the 'pedia, only for their bodies, thus giving me this theory. It's been a while since I played though and I discovered this through messing with the debug mode, so perhaps my info is mistaken/outdated already.

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: October 14, 2017, 05:24:36 pm »
I seem to recall that zombie butchery or whatever the tech you're all talking about was supposed to require "one of" the specimens, not all.

So it's a bug, but the research branch concerning this is going to be different next version so you may as well cheat yourself to this inconsequential bit of tech.

Offline Voiddweller

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: October 15, 2017, 10:18:04 pm »
I found myself in a difficult situation, using only non lethal melee weapons to capture people for ransom and slavery. That makes game's huge pile of guns useless to me.
Guess i am going to add some rubber bullets and stun gas by myself...

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: October 15, 2017, 10:31:09 pm »
*fires off howitzers and mortars in ghoul town
*spends several minutes listening to the explosion sound effect play on loop while I switch to other apps

I found myself in a difficult situation, using only non lethal melee weapons to capture people for ransom and slavery. That makes game's huge pile of guns useless to me.
Guess i am going to add some rubber bullets and stun gas by myself...

Actually I would give a noteworthy mention to Holdout Pistols... shoot someone with that and it will probably drop their HP by half and give them a bleeding wound. One whack and they'll likely go down.

You're early in the tech path though as far as I can tell. Because Stun Grenades and Knockout Grenades do wonders to take down civilians. Also the harpoons are the way to go for awhile even though they seem to be less accurate than their stats say.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: October 15, 2017, 10:44:21 pm »

Handle and cattleprod, works almost every time - I don't see a problem with this, just run up and hit them from behind.

You can build/aquire some ranged stun weapons from mid to end game though.

Because Stun Grenades and Knockout Grenades do wonders to take down civilians. Also the harpoons are the way to go for awhile even though they seem to be less accurate than their stats say.

I agree.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4962 on: October 15, 2017, 11:39:46 pm »
I'd add that the Hallucigen Gas grenade is amazing against almost all light (and early) foes.  Once they panic, they count as surrendered for mission end, and its also an easy access smoke cloud.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: October 16, 2017, 04:25:18 pm »
Civilian-farming should turn into a cakewalk once your squad can field somewhat decent armor (tac-armor or chainmail) to tank those early gunshots.
Near impossible to be scratched just rope/whip those goons until they drop.

The newest addition "Assault-Shotgun" with rubber bullets is a lovely tool to gun down civilians. Even a full burst can't kill a squishy but knocks him out safely. Sadly this shotgun starts to fail if you use against anything with some sort of protection (for example this weapon can't pierce through a highwayman's armor).

It still got a gunbutt tho and a handle is like a 100% must-have in any gal's quickslot.

For more lethal-fun I recommend to invest into guerillia suits and silenced pistols.
Cheap handgun offering a free handslot for ninja-sticks/handles and the armor itself scales with 7,5 extra damage for the pistol ontop of the gal's own reactions.

A potential 130 reactions nets 32,5 additional damage, surpassing nearly all high-caliber handguns in precision and clip size.
Super Magnum is better ofc and kustom-handcannon does reliable damage but hey, it's quite early to get until you can field better stuff.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: October 17, 2017, 11:01:20 pm »
Siberia Base Found.
Couple days later engage the mission.
Mission map generator puts a + shape right through the middle of the battlefield, separating the siberia base into 4 pieces.

Hands wearing Assassin armor, Plasma Pistols and a spare heavy weapon to drop once used. Couple hands with flying armor armed with SRLaser Pistols and RPG/Nukes. Couple hands wearing Revenant with plasma pistols and force blades.
2 Tanks:  Howitzer, Battlecannon.

The Howitzer tank got caught out in the open and unfortunately destroyed on Turn 2 because I underestimated the chainguns the supersoldiers were using. But at least I got 1 shot off with it and destroyed an enemy tank (this is a sore loss to me, but my manufacturing base can replace it).

Most of the other enemy tanks were destroyed either with Plasma Rockets, Plasma Mortars (the Mortar commanded by Moral Chill), or Baby Nukes. However I destroyed one with concentrated plasma pistol fire to the hindquarters (about 8 shots, guided by Assassin suit targeting).

By having the Battlecannon tank take up defensive cover in the Bonaventura craft it was able to destroy 3 Supersoldiers by firing roughly three times as many shots (as well as some humanist instructors and soldiers who happened to be hit by accident). The Battlecannon tank survived the battle ironically without a scratch on it.

One of the Leaders and a Stormtrooper made the dumb move of setting up defense in the center of the trench and got a plasma mortar dropped on them (sorry dude maybe kinda you might've made it to trial and execution, but that stormtrooper was just too hard a target and you were too close to him). At least his briefcase survived.

The other Leader tried to pin one of my hands in a corner and molest her but Slutty Allison was close enough she heard the screams and came around the corner and blasted him back out into the trench with her plasma pistol (nothing left of 'im except his briefcase and krueger).

Boss Gal Gorgeous Robber took the east quarter of the underground base all by herself, though was wounded in the process. Chalk up 4 instructors and a stray soldier who were mostly bisected with a force blade.

Several hands ended up hurt by the end, though it was mostly because of the frigid cold since their assassin suits were completely lacking in any kind of insulation.