aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610027 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99F - 4 Feb - Blood is Life
« Reply #3945 on: February 05, 2017, 08:34:29 pm »
But is is really an issue? Few enemies means poor loot, especially if the enemies are weak. I don't see a problem with the fact those mutants do some actual work once a blue moon.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: February 05, 2017, 08:41:37 pm »
It's not a huge problem but its on the slope to being one. A "free win" pogrom is visible from where I'm standing and that situation is bad. Better to solve the minor issue now before some unseen future change make it worse.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3947 on: February 05, 2017, 10:14:09 pm »
I'd need a save for that, with such problematic tiny Pogrom spawned since I haven't seen one yet. This might simply be an error in mission generation.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: February 05, 2017, 10:22:55 pm »
So I've updated this mod after looooooong hiatus and holy macaroni, there's so much new stuff. I'm getting lost again, and I still haven't finished that goddamn campaign I'm having for... a year or more. Ugh.

That aside, you're doing a great work, and I like this mod, because it's awesome!

And while I'm here, let me ask a question: do I still need to capture star god leader to win the game, or there are alternate ways to get the code?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: February 05, 2017, 10:26:43 pm »
There is an alternate path via a certain rare foe on smuggler ships.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: February 05, 2017, 10:35:42 pm »
Nice to know, thanks. Seems like I'll have to get back on hunting the smugglers now alongside exploring all the new stuff.

Offline Absalom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: February 06, 2017, 12:43:42 am »
It's not a huge problem but its on the slope to being one. A "free win" pogrom is visible from where I'm standing and that situation is bad. Better to solve the minor issue now before some unseen future change make it worse.

There are already "free wins."  The stun gas jungle can easily give you an entire ship full of prisoners, I've gotten over 50 live megaspiders just recently by sitting in the ship waiting.

So started the new version, and I like where things are going, I would like a way to actually set up the extortion, but I understand that is likely to be extremely hard or time consuming or just plain not fun.

Civilians being able to use weapons makes pogroms both more fun and kind of freaky, civilians might be a little OP though, second difficulty, humanists, civvies killed 4 out of the 11 dead and the humanists were shitting bricks very quickly.  Do civilians get the same boosts as enemy units do at higher difficulties?

Maybe.  However, on higher difficulties, there are LOT more enemies, better weapons, better stats.  On super mutant difficulty, civilians only survive past turn 1 by virtue of spawn location luck.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: February 06, 2017, 12:48:23 am »
That pogrom, which was the first, don't know if that influences anything, had around 18 enemies. I only saw activists, military police and maybe soldiers, but I got messages regarding a panicking officer and instructors, none of which survived.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: February 06, 2017, 01:06:16 am »
There are already "free wins."  The stun gas jungle can easily give you an entire ship full of prisoners, I've gotten over 50 live megaspiders just recently by sitting in the ship waiting.
snip

Fair point but letting pogroms slide when they are such a big score factor(particularly in first few months) has much more potential for problems then gas jungle that turns up every now and then. And at least with the gas jungle there some foes that ignore it. Much harder to ignore the contribution of a merc equvialent with a hammer on any enemy.

Offline Absalom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: February 06, 2017, 01:49:24 am »
Fair point but letting pogroms slide when they are such a big score factor(particularly in first few months) has much more potential for problems then gas jungle that turns up every now and then. And at least with the gas jungle there some foes that ignore it. Much harder to ignore the contribution of a merc equvialent with a hammer on any enemy.

You don't have to go to pogroms until you research the mutant alliance, not in the first months, and score is only vaguely relevant to the entire game.  And a "merc equivalent" with 30 melee accuracy?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: February 06, 2017, 02:11:22 am »
You don't need to, but you benefit heavily for going.  With a sledgehammer, accuracy doesn't really matter much right now.

Second pogrom in that game, spartans, civvies are doing far worse.

Can we get an indicator of the probable weather in an area? Either when we look at the target information on it or when we're landing? It's hard to prep at turn 1.  Also, can the weather stuff only hurt people who are in it or in an appropriate room, like cold shouldn't drain your gals when they're indoors unless they're in a freezer or something? Heat is irritating, but cold can stop your crew completely and without actually hurting them.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: February 06, 2017, 04:37:21 am »
Hammer, chainsaws and pick axes dont care about accuracy because of the way the are currently implemented as range 1 projectile attacks so they behave correctly for terrain demolition. Projectiles that roll a miss are still plotted out with calculated deviation. But even 50% conical deviation off center still hits the square at range 1. Most units take up sufficient volume in a tile that missing at range one is rare.   

I would second the forewarning for weather at least as far as pogroms go. Non inhabited maps are world terrain driven so one can make a reasonable guess and load accordingly but when a city is concerned the player has no data to make a guess with at all. I've had to abort on landing 2 mid game pogroms so far because i had elected for a high percentage of heavy non sealed armor. Such armors are the best option available to me at the moment to preserve lives vs terror units, but are double tapped by cold due there native stamina and stamina regen penalties. And even then they dont shield against the cold damage that well.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: February 06, 2017, 06:15:40 am »
More tools to help with cold or heat could be useful as well.  my issue is that cold and early eq is enough to stop your energy regen completely.  Incidentally, this is the first time in my admittedly halfhearted attempts at this game that I NEEDED atom beer to function, so bravo.  ;D

These aren't bugs, but I noticed that the Bootypedia pages regarding pay don't agree (still has the base 5000 hand cost, in addition to the 2500 swabbie cost and 7500 gal cost), I can't tell if the upgraded recruiting has the 10k base cost still or if they use the same system of ranked pay.  Do they have those base costs still, and the ranked cost is a bonus? 
Also, looking at civilian mutants gives the internal names rather than the official ones.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: February 06, 2017, 09:30:48 pm »
Can't agree more about weather warning. Missions in heat, sudden as they are (for me), make my best gals in guardian armour drop in 5-6 turns.

Do they have those base costs still, and the ranked cost is a bonus? 
Checked the base with only 1 Mistress-rank gal: only $100k salary, which matches the bootypedia description, so I guess that base cost doesn't apply.

As an aside, my maintenance costs skyrocketed with addition of salaries. Main base, consisting of mostly high-ranking gals, eats up $6747500 for salaries alone. Not a problem to handle in the state I am now, but it's something to consider when I start the next playthrough.

Offline Cimbri

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: February 06, 2017, 10:32:17 pm »
I've tried to see if there is an answer to this question somewhere else but I've yet to find it, so, sorry in advance if I've just been blind. But how does one research Plasma Weaponry? I've got several weapons but no research options, despite the fact I've exhausted the research tree to the point where I've gotten the last craft built. Is it just some enemy type I've missed interrogating? That was what ended up stalling me before when I had missed the Trader Engineer.