Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609537 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98B - 31 Mar - I Can See My House From Here!
« Reply #2205 on: April 11, 2016, 10:55:43 pm »
Oh God, please resize the images at source, or in the post... please.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: April 11, 2016, 10:59:27 pm »
Incendiary damage is the worst. And I keep forgetting to bring extinguishers with me.

Question of the day: how would I know if the INC damage is also a white phosphorus? WP granade is obvious from description, but when I found LACC-WP workshop entry, I was... surprised.

Question of the day-2: does LACC-WP ammo work as advertised or is it just an incendiary ammo?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2207 on: April 11, 2016, 11:18:51 pm »
Everything which has WP in the name works as advertised. It holds true for any such abbreviation.

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: April 12, 2016, 12:37:16 am »
Is there any point in copying the "Aliens pick up weapons" mod over from the "standard" folder and enabling it, or is the functionality included with Piratez by default?

Edit: Heh, forgot the most important part: thanks a lot for making the mod! It's what finally got me back to OpenXcom.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:34:10 am by Hazard »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: April 12, 2016, 01:48:35 am »
i do not believe that functionality is in piratez. least i have never observed it happening. In my opinion it would make the mod a more challenging experience. I wouldn't like supply ships runs where foes pick up there dead buddies baby nukes

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: April 12, 2016, 02:27:34 am »
Copying the AliensPickupWeapons mod wouldn't do much, since that mod only works on vanilla weapons.

Piratez already has attraction values set for pretty much every weapon, so you can consider it to be built-in already any ways.

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: April 12, 2016, 02:40:06 am »
Ok, thanks for the answer.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #2212 on: April 12, 2016, 10:27:59 am »
Is there any point in copying the "Aliens pick up weapons" mod over from the "standard" folder and enabling it, or is the functionality included with Piratez by default?

Edit: Heh, forgot the most important part: thanks a lot for making the mod! It's what finally got me back to OpenXcom.

I had enemies pick up weapons, meridian too when on his first attempt to capture a marsec bodyguard.

Copying that mod is pointless anyway because it only affact vanilla weapons.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2213 on: April 12, 2016, 12:11:42 pm »
Yeah and the Bodyguard picked up weapon from his dead buddy. So it is implemented as good as it can be; if it happens rarely it's because the AI works the way it works and there's no helping that.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: April 12, 2016, 12:17:14 pm »
Yeah they do pick up things. After some testing it seems they are reluctant to pickup things while in view of foes. I always run with parrots so i have very large portions of the map under observation most the time which seemed to be hindering the attraction behavior.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: April 12, 2016, 08:16:11 pm »
- New Mission: Russian Files require an actual mission now

What happens if you upgrade and use an old save, but Russian Files is already researched?

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: April 12, 2016, 09:39:30 pm »
Do I need a printer, if I built a factory?

After I saw what building will come later, It seems I should built a manufactoring-hideout and one that provides stuff for research, then built my mainbase to a easy-defend base (access behind hangar. hangar has only one connection to the rest of the base).
(It seems I'm in mid-game)
But Can I research stuff, that need facilities that isn't in the mainbase? If not, then I have to build a lot buildings that provides places for brainers.. And that's a lot maintance cost.

That means I have do to more ufo raids.. what really starts to annoy me, because I got most of the time the same with "cheap" loot and I can do up to three ufo raids per day because so much flying around ( I don't do that)... Most of the time it's small ufos or .. crackdowns. And then .. I have to intercept some of it because of score.. And I can't kill crackdowns ship (even star gods was searching for me <.<)
At the end I do a lot more busy work/tactical combat than producing/researching.
I did the same missions so often, if someone got hurt, then because I was too lazy to do it right. Freighters, all small ships. ugh
Can't really see it anymore. even the raider/spartan ships are no problem anymore. Powerarmor eats everything.. Second Powerarmor gets a Meele weapon and range weapon, because it reminds me so much of a space marine. Attacking mining ships isn't really that profitable and it isn't fun anymore to see G.O with shovels running towards to you (and I thought a mining ship has a mining laser..)

It's start to get really really grindy. What do I wrong? I mean what can I do to improve my booty. I mean. Do I really have 5-10 raids per month to keep govs happy? And for the late game: Do I have to do more raids per month to keep things running?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: April 12, 2016, 09:52:08 pm »
It depends. I every month get either a crackdown (obvious) or peacekeeping (ruins score with alarming speed). There are a lot of ships, including Star God mission to sway the non-existant country in Central Asia. Every month, for two years.
Aside, there's also supply ships to replenish the 10+ enemy bases, which also ruin score. And variety of other missions. Despite being in 3 year, I lack the ability to shoot down most military ships and just have to let go.

Do I need a printer, if I built a factory?

-snip-

It's start to get really really grindy. What do I wrong? I mean what can I do to improve my booty. I mean. Do I really have 5-10 raids per month to keep govs happy? And for the late game: Do I have to do more raids per month to keep things running?

I think printer is explicitly required for top-tier stuff.

I'unno, don't attack low-price targets? And they're not that low-priced, you get pretty penny from the hellerium, plastasteel and other loot, and hostages. There are also other ways to get money.
You can get away with only a few BIG operations. Assault a cruiser if you can, or do an imperial probe mission. Anything which gives you a lot of dead bodies will also give you big score.
No, there are research topics, which can alleviate the score problem, but they're more of a late-game thing, though I already have one (*Rebel Trading*).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2218 on: April 13, 2016, 12:50:30 am »
What happens if you upgrade and use an old save, but Russian Files is already researched?

It will spawn the mission next month. You'd better win it :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: April 13, 2016, 01:22:17 am »
Most faction missions have no score penalty and can be ignored unless you need the score from the combat. Peacekeeping is the big one to watch out for since it is a huge negative hit. Supply runs do not have any penalty its the base itself that is causing the score ding. Crackdowns are only a threat to your bases not score.  pogroms are actually a net positive if you can manage the ground combat.

As to the industrial printer/factory problem the printer is specifically needed for some items. The factory is just a supersize workshop with greater capacity and lower maintainment then 9 workshop blocks. However fully staffing its 450 capacity requires significant supporting building. 13 luxury barracks at the smallest space. also a power plant. Factory is a late game thing that i feel is best suited to either cashflow or gal hour intensive things like vessels and advanced HWPs.

To be able to build everything in the same base requires: a surgery, a laser defense, a plasma defense, a gauss defense, an industrial printer, a power plant, a excavation, a still, a mint, a summoning circle, at least one vault for component storage, a prison and an influx of slaves(which means ground combat team), an unused hanger, and some additional barracks space. The complexity and the piecemeal acquisition of needed tech makes a single center of production unreasonable imo. Granted a manufacturing focused base for component processing and substeps to a final product is a good investment.  Saves runt hours on the high tech base.