aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609997 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98A - 12 Mar - Magic Missile Massacre!
« Reply #2085 on: March 12, 2016, 05:33:33 pm »
Which one?

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 12, 2016, 07:29:29 pm »
The answer is yes, there will be more voodoo armors.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 12, 2016, 09:16:50 pm »
Interesting stuff! Looking forward to trying it!

One nitpick:

When you release the mod, you have the OXC and OXCE commit numbers, which used to be handy: I knew exactly which version of OXCE to compile to be able to play XPiratez.

Now that you moved to OXCE+ from Meridian, the OXCE commit number is old (Jan. 29th, probably when Meridian pulled from OXCE?) and there is no OXCE+ commit number. So I have no idea which version of Meridian's OXCE+ is released with XPiratez, which means I have to guess (compile the latest) and that doesn't always work. Knowing which version you have (and is thus known to work and work with XPiratez) would be handy.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2089 on: March 12, 2016, 09:27:38 pm »
Oh right, sorry! This one is 9 March 2015. I will add it to the metadata file in the 'version' field.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 15, 2016, 06:26:54 am »
Dioxine - had this when I used the latest version (0.98A) last night.

Had to go back to the exe from 0.98 to get it to run

Just checked Meredians thread, He found what he thinks is a fix for this. I've downloaded his exe and will try it tonight.

Offline Proboscis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 16, 2016, 12:32:07 am »
Getting a reproducible crash involving capturing armored church beastmasters. Only happens if I don't break their suits before MCing them, so I guess there's a problem with the armored unit itself. If it's been reported already, my bad. I checked back 20 pages and didn't see anything about it.

On the newest version too, I should mention.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2092 on: March 16, 2016, 01:45:52 am »
Please provide a save. It was never a problem before since they seemed to be impossible to capture by normal means (due to how the engine works, not by intention). There is code to support capture but obviously something is wrong.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:13 am »
It is possible to MC them with a good gal, and with psi-capture enabled to finish the mission with them.

I did it a few versions ago and could interrogate the armored church beastmaster, but it yielded very little (I was hoping for some amazing breakthrough from their fancy armor!). I don't know what went wrong since then..

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 16, 2016, 08:39:59 am »
Getting a reproducible crash involving capturing armored church beastmasters. Only happens if I don't break their suits before MCing them, so I guess there's a problem with the armored unit itself. If it's been reported already, my bad. I checked back 20 pages and didn't see anything about it.

On the newest version too, I should mention.

Same here. It caused a CTD when I psi-captured an armored one and tried to end the turn.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2095 on: March 16, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »
If it worked and then stopped, must be a code issue, since I didn't change the unit for years... I'm at a loss, honestly.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 19, 2016, 02:07:18 am »
I never really liked the TU debuff of the Camo armor, and the lack of additional armor, aside from percent modifiers it gives the same protection as no armor. I kind of expected something like Human security armor since its made out of kevlar. It would be cool if camo armor could be turned into human security armor to get the same defense bonuses like with the addition of metal plates.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 19, 2016, 06:17:43 am »
Still getting the 'Not a Valid Win32 Application' Error with 0.98A, and now I'm getting it with Meredians 2.9 version (v2016-03-17)

Any sugestions?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2098 on: March 19, 2016, 11:48:51 am »
aside from percent modifiers

That's a big aside sometimes :P

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 19, 2016, 07:22:10 pm »
That's a big aside sometimes :P
A kevlar vest would probably reduce piercing by more than 20% in most situations. A gunshot wound against a bullet proof vest vs one without should say it all.
The human armor description in the lore even says that human armor was designed to stop bullets. I'm not sure if something that's considerably heavy should have so few modifiers in regards to protection. Its also more flammable so its a give and take situation in regards to protection in game. IRL Kevlar is more resistant than Nylon, Plastic, and basic clothing in terms of fire protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBwn8b15wVI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H85mnt3D30

Ghillie Suits would be flammable if the gals used leaves in the armor construction but Kevlar is the material used in game. I still think it'd be cool if the camo suits could be upgraded to human security armor. Tac suits are supposed to do that, but I think it'd be cool if kevlar could be used to make more armors like
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f7/48/1e/f7481ecf3de4211f0f51ce61028fd5a0.jpg