aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3691430 times)

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #8880 on: January 09, 2024, 01:50:40 pm »
the earlygame is in a really good spot right now. the new bandit cars/trucks/etc added in N7 really add a lot of population and 'life' to the gameworld especially in the first half of year 1. The new earlygame crafts like Angry Bird/Huey are the other half of it to pull it all together; plenty of shitty enemies to shoot down and plenty of shitty crafts to do it. Despite being added literally in this version it already feels like Iconic Piratez Gameplay to fit a Huey with literal cannons and roll up on a bandit wartrukk guns ablaze.
Bandits and rats should disappear at +5-10 hours of the game. Why am I still killing bandits and rats at 35 hours into the game? This is moronicly tiring. I want development, to resist from rats and bandits to aliens, it seems like this is intended, but now I only have endless rats, a couple of mercenaries that fly around the map, a couple of ninja patrols but they don’t have bases, thanks for the stupid fix where their power was reduced so there are no more databases at all. And go fly for 50+ hours so that at least one base appears. The mod needs to be renamed to mad max.
In truth, we need to strengthen the factions, make more bases so that I can assault them instead of my base being assault 2 times a month, this is fucking shit. Add a stop to the appearance of bandits on the car at 5-7 hours of the game and add more appearances of factions. Otherwise my map is full of rats like the one above.
I never received an answer to my question:
"1) Too many encounters. Most of the time I clear the map of shitty cars and shitty gangs, 0 fun, 0 loot. Why so much?
2) AI throws grenades too often now. Literally 5-7 grenades in the first turn. The cards are small and grenades fly across half the map. Why do this? Or do you think it’s fun for me to lose 8 people per turn?
3) Where are the bases!!!!! Assault ninja outposts was fun, assault academy bases was even more fun. I played for 35 hours. I scouted a lot, but didn’t find anything. 0 bases I corrected rule to radar so that the bases would be displayed and again 0. I have no bases for 35 hours? What should I do? Clean out gangs of bandits in cars? After 35 hours? Or should I rewind another 35 hours so that at least 1 base appears? When will I have power armor? I used to assault outposts in PC first armor and it was fun. Losing 15-20 people per assault at the beginning but getting a reward was fun. There was a feeling of war. What now? Mad Max feeling. Why spoil the game?"

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: January 09, 2024, 02:48:57 pm »
..actually i really like the new addictions n N7, seems the game has a more progressive pace, so even most of low tech stuff finally is handy

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: January 09, 2024, 04:27:26 pm »
..actually i really like the new addictions n N7, seems the game has a more progressive pace, so even most of low tech stuff finally is handy
Agree. I enjoy early game much more now. Gaps in tech are being filled. However at the same time, we get much more things to research which slows progression considerably. I still find some things to be too time consuming or just too slow to get. Of course it's part of experience, but it's hard to invest in to some things, when you know you are very likely to get a lucky find that let's you skip a lot of early content. Just one 9 meter UFO landing in your radar range with 25mm cannon, let's you skip all low tech crafts and go straight to Aircar. I like building up power from zero. I think all high speed weaponry should also be locked behind a research requiring all low tech things first.
If you are going codex route, any kind, for  the cost of building one extractor in your base you get a high speed weapon. Now you just need car thieves to use it. You use it to take down police cars and those small fighters. Now you have a solid supply of 25mm cannons and ammo. You just skipped everything up to pirate air force. That is why I think high speed weapons should be locked behind some research to be used.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: January 09, 2024, 05:54:49 pm »
Like I said: on Jack Sparrow there should be (A LOT) of ninja bases. If you do not have any, you either met a very serious bug, or you fucked up your game by modding random shit in it.

Please provide a save game, I want to see this 35 hour JS game without ninjas, for myself. Maybe we can debug it.

The rest is just opinion. You do not have to fight bandits, and I believe the grenade issue is not actually true.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 05:56:47 pm by Iazo »

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: January 09, 2024, 08:38:11 pm »
The game turned into chill. There was a war before. And yes, constant base protection. Instead of assalt bases.
Does anyone know what needs to be fixed so that AI can build more bases?
Does anyone know how to make fewer counters?
Where is all this written down?

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: January 09, 2024, 08:39:18 pm »
Like I said: on Jack Sparrow there should be (A LOT) of ninja bases. If you do not have any, you either met a very serious bug, or you fucked up your game by modding random shit in it.

Please provide a save game, I want to see this 35 hour JS game without ninjas, for myself. Maybe we can debug it.

The rest is just opinion. You do not have to fight bandits, and I believe the grenade issue is not actually true.
The saves have already been overwritten to x files. I decided to freshen up and play there until I solved the problem with the pirates. Of course I plan to start a new game.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: January 09, 2024, 08:50:10 pm »
All in all it might be a bug because that is not intended, but without a save game, can't check what is wrong. It's not my experience, I had my game full of ninja bases though.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: January 10, 2024, 07:11:06 pm »
Bandits and rats should disappear at +5-10 hours of the game
Should they? it is only source for loot sometimes, especially on highest difficulty
The mod needs to be renamed to mad max
You can always do some mods yourself. This mod is functioning as it must be.
we need to strengthen the factions, make more bases so that I can assault them instead of my base being assault 2 times a month, this is fucking shit
Nope. It you are looking some hardcore - you picked wrong game
Too many encounters
You don't need to fight them all. One of tips in Bootypedia says it clear: "There are more important thing rather than win every battle"
AI throws grenades too often now. Literally 5-7 grenades in the first turn. The cards are small and grenades fly across half the map. Why do this? Or do you think it’s fun for me to lose 8 people per turn?
That's very noobish to lose 8 people in one turn. Try to spread your team, and use some advantages as explosive resistant armor or camouflage
Where are the bases!!!!! Assault ninja outposts was fun, assault academy bases was even more fun. I played for 35 hours.
Total playtime is around 400 hours, increasing with every patch. Bases will appear in time, they will appear more often after your certain actions.

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: January 10, 2024, 09:11:26 pm »
All in all it might be a bug because that is not intended, but without a save game, can't check what is wrong. It's not my experience, I had my game full of ninja bases though.
In my game, too, from the version half a year ago. Now they have cut them down but have not replaced them with anyone.

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: January 10, 2024, 09:15:54 pm »
Should they? it is only source for loot sometimes, especially on highest difficultyYou can always do some mods yourself. This mod is functioning as it must be.Nope. It you are looking some hardcore - you picked wrong gameYou don't need to fight them all. One of tips in Bootypedia says it clear: "There are more important thing rather than win every battle"That's very noobish to lose 8 people in one turn. Try to spread your team, and use some advantages as explosive resistant armor or camouflageTotal playtime is around 400 hours, increasing with every patch. Bases will appear in time, they will appear more often after your certain actions.
1) The maps are small, do the same as half a year ago, then there will be no such problems.
2) What prevents you from doing, by analogy with civil courts, so that they are not displayed? I scroll and what do I see? +7 enk at a time!!!! Just like a screamer jumps out all the time! Skip 7 times each time. Enough! Why is this shit?
Write what I should fix in the files so that
1) Reduce the priority of using grenades
2) Make fewer enks or even remove rats and homeless people from cars after 3 hours of play.
3) Make factions more aggressive towards creating bases

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: January 10, 2024, 09:58:32 pm »
In my game, too, from the version half a year ago. Now they have cut them down but have not replaced them with anyone.

Again, no. I mean recent, last month version.

N6.07: https://imgur.com/a/rsZ5dbX There were 14(!!!) bases many of which I assaulted by Nov.

I am really tired of your insinuations. Either provide a save game, or don't, but be prepared for me to accuse you of lying.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 10:06:43 pm by Iazo »

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: January 10, 2024, 11:11:18 pm »
I get plenty of ninja activity and bases than I know what to do with.
Maybe 1-2 each of Traders and Mercenaries bases out of the bunch (found so far).
My air game came really late in the first year, but it's been hella fun as a result of the Ninja takeoever. It's funny to see the areas they consolidated into mainly where I have no real coverage opposite of my bases.

Mod is fine. Please don't change anything. I seldom still get rats and bandits, but only as base attacks (which are fine to me for more xp/commendations farm, among all the other factions constantly attacking my bases).

Keep doing what you've been doing, Dio.

Edit: Yes, there are still upper 40s of bases on the globe.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 11:15:28 pm by Xylon666Darkstar »

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: January 12, 2024, 01:55:40 am »
1) The maps are small, do the same as half a year ago, then there will be no such problems.
2) What prevents you from doing, by analogy with civil courts, so that they are not displayed? I scroll and what do I see? +7 enk at a time!!!! Just like a screamer jumps out all the time! Skip 7 times each time. Enough! Why is this shit?
Write what I should fix in the files so that
1) Reduce the priority of using grenades
2) Make fewer enks or even remove rats and homeless people from cars after 3 hours of play.
3) Make factions more aggressive towards creating bases

1) You can always ignore something you don't like
2) Just press Ctrl when clicking "nope" to that ship, current ship will be ignored until disappear. Little thing like patrolling rats are good for team training ACC and REA
3) Nope. Enemies are not stupid and will use any opportunity. Learn how to spread your team and learn how use covers.
4) There is special research for it.
5) You can do it manually somewhere in game files.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: January 23, 2024, 08:42:31 pm »
Ok, so...sorry for bothering you, but I am a new player of this mod and I feel kind of like I am doing something wrong.

Even though I play on easy, I feel as though I am one step away from losing through "infamy". In march I had a large score of ~3k, but then in april I suddenly had -200. I have read that that is (apparently) intentional, and if that's the case then that's ok. But now, in may, even though I did every mission but the terror one (so I "only" have -100 instead of -500 to 600), and researched a whole lot, but still only managed to get barely 600 points.
I also read that ships flying around your airspace deduces points, but I can't do anything to them without weapons.

I am just curious if that's normal, and what I could do (aside from just looking up the exact research path for craft weapons).

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: January 24, 2024, 01:58:27 pm »
Without seeing your save game, it is difficult to say what is wrong. Put up a save game, and maybe there will be some advice given.

I do not think it is air traffic that drains that much, but without looking at the graphs it is difficult to know if it is preventable or not.

My bet is a combination of low researcher numbers, lack of researched missions, or a really unlucky enemy excavator mission.

Also, it is obviously commendable you want to navigate the tech tree blind, but I think that Dioxine gave up on trying to coax people into running the tech tree blind, so now it is probably expected to an extent to know which tech is important.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 02:05:27 pm by Iazo »