aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3692993 times)

Offline ronin1313

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N6 03-Oct-2023 Zany Cats
« Reply #8790 on: October 15, 2023, 08:06:16 pm »
There's a bug after the first Ninja event for me.

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: October 21, 2023, 11:51:56 pm »
There's a bug after the first Ninja event for me.

I have got same crash issue but hard to tell what is triggering it.
To reproduce:
- load save
- skip time on geoscape (ignore prepper camp mission, I have skipped time by 30 minutes)

This is clean installation and game started from beginning.

Offline Xolvix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N6 03-Oct-2023 Zany Cats
« Reply #8792 on: October 22, 2023, 06:10:22 am »
I encountered that bug as well, but I deleted the save and restarted before thinking to submit it. Clean installation as well.

Bit of a shame particularly since we've currently got screenshots of the error happening on a Windows 7 machine (FFS it's out of support, stop using it!) and a Windows 11 system, so with my Windows 10 install it would complete the trifecta. :)

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: October 22, 2023, 09:10:49 am »
I encountered that bug as well, but I deleted the save and restarted before thinking to submit it. Clean installation as well.

Bit of a shame particularly since we've currently got screenshots of the error happening on a Windows 7 machine (FFS it's out of support, stop using it!) and a Windows 11 system, so with my Windows 10 install it would complete the trifecta. :)

There are possible fixes in Bugs & Crashes thread.
Nice that you recognize Windows version by, well, windows xD

Offline Xolvix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: October 22, 2023, 09:36:36 am »
There are possible fixes in Bugs & Crashes thread.
Nice that you recognize Windows version by, well, windows xD

OK thanks, I've tried the option of removing MEGASCORPION_ARMOR from Piratez_Events.rul, we shall see if it works. I know this problem definitely didn't exist in 6.0.2 so I wonder what happened, but it's just skipping some research so no matter.

Also I guess I could be wrong about it being Windows 7 - I mean it could be Vista, they share mostly the same appearance. But that would be worse.  8)

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: October 22, 2023, 10:20:18 am »
OK thanks, I've tried the option of removing MEGASCORPION_ARMOR from Piratez_Events.rul, we shall see if it works. I know this problem definitely didn't exist in 6.0.2 so I wonder what happened, but it's just skipping some research so no matter.

Also I guess I could be wrong about it being Windows 7 - I mean it could be Vista, they share mostly the same appearance. But that would be worse.  8)

If I understand the files properly:
There's a new event which gives pedia entry about random enemy armor and the megascorpion option was missing from research.
Removing megascorpion armor from event will allow it to fire properly but never give you the scorpion entry (small loss), but now there is also mod posted which should fix the missing research option.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: October 25, 2023, 09:39:04 am »
Lil thought: s of 0.99N6.07 i'd swap the bootyopedia pics for "rank: boss" and "rank: big boss" botypedia articles since the former is more of a "macho" type and seems to suggest a more powerful reputation.

Also, a couple of lines more about the recruitment limit for ogres in the article explaining why might be also nice touch. (maybe ther're solitary, or what)  8)

Edit: i also have nearly completed the smart weapon family (smartgun, smartpistol, smartshotgun) but missing the smartrifle because it needs "advanced rifle". Since it seems might be unlocked only by some specific research, could be another more esay way to get it?  :'(

Edit 2: as for ogres the only clue provided Is that they are rare, a bit some more specific info would be better i think
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 07:26:50 pm by ontherun »

Offline Belcanzor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: October 28, 2023, 04:25:17 am »
Found your mod thanks to some drama posted in other places.
Thanks for your work.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8798 on: October 28, 2023, 10:53:27 pm »

It did not exist because the event causing it did not exist yet, it was added in 6.0.3. It was I think definitely fixed in 6.0.7.

Lil thought: s of 0.99N6.07 i'd swap the bootyopedia pics for "rank: boss" and "rank: big boss" botypedia articles since the former is more of a "macho" type and seems to suggest a more powerful reputation.

I wouldn't. Big Boss moves beyond 'just a bigger gal with more complete clothing' and shifts the rank picture gradation towards flashiness, wealth and technology. Badass captain outfit, for one, and a laser gun. As for any 'machismo' it's only your interpretation. Ofc the anime style is debatable, but there are sevaral ranks above that still.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: October 30, 2023, 11:02:05 pm »
You should use the larger character for Big Boss to reflect the fact that Boss has gotten Bigger.

Offline Vengos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: October 30, 2023, 11:46:47 pm »
You should use the larger character for Big Boss to reflect the fact that Boss has gotten Bigger.
When Naked Snake became Big Boss he didnt get bigger.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: October 31, 2023, 01:00:41 am »
Never played Metal Gear, but wasn't Naked Snake already Bigger than the Boss from the beginning? So he just got his rightful rank. :P

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: November 02, 2023, 01:46:44 am »
Another thing, expeditions should be manufacturable at hideouts like hunt parties, right now these are buyable instead..i think only recon expeditions should avaiable via black market, what do you think about?

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: November 02, 2023, 02:36:26 am »
Definitely better to be buyable rather than manufactured imo, but ideally both because why not. I think it's better for craft like Expedition to be available without having to bother with workshop space and runts and so on.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: November 08, 2023, 03:13:09 pm »
Definitely better to be buyable rather than manufactured imo, but ideally both because why not. I think it's better for craft like Expedition to be available without having to bother with workshop space and runts and so on.

Sry forgot to tell: as of now actually the party is manufacturable even without and extractor, so would be nice to have expeditions that way. Also an option to disable th hyperwave decoder, as happens for the hideout shroud would be nice.