aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612528 times)

Offline Lone Wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N4 17-Feb-2023 First Ending
« Reply #8700 on: February 28, 2023, 02:17:23 am »
Hey everyone, really enjoying the mod so far, but I got a question...how to research hangers? 

Hangers are usually a regular staple of bases and you start with two, but I can't seem to build any additional ones?  Is this intentional or is my game bugged? 

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: February 28, 2023, 05:53:55 am »
That's intentional. The technology to build more hangars is a short trek down the tech tree, don't panic!

Offline Lone Wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: February 28, 2023, 07:18:09 am »
Good to know.  Thanks!

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: March 02, 2023, 12:29:36 am »
Minecraft research gives you hangars.

Offline Canas

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: March 02, 2023, 08:01:52 am »
Recently redownloaded this game, and now my pirates don't default to the loadout from their previous battle like they used to, and I'm not seeing any options to change that. Is that feature gone now, or am i doing something wrong?

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: March 02, 2023, 10:31:44 am »
It's a change to a new way loadouts save between battles (so equipment is less tied to the craft and is more to the soldier), which makes it easier to change crafts. You can change their gear on the globe, ship ->equipment->inventory.
If you dislike this, I think the option is in options - advanced - on the bottom alternate craft equipment management, tho give it a try first.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - v.N3 20-Dec-2022 Clear Skies
« Reply #8706 on: March 08, 2023, 03:49:44 pm »
For the wiki, there's been a few over the years. The current most updated/functional is this one: https://baturinsky.com/xpedia/
Or you can use the local version included in the most current downloads of XPiratez, which is found in the xpedia2 folder in the install directory. That one can be useful if the online version hasn't been updated to the most recent patches. Read through the README.md file in that folder to know how to use it.  I believe the online version is currently on N3.0, if that's important.

Also, posting this here for awareness/answer to a previous question:

What happened to xpiratez.wtf ? It was such a good site.

Offline Xolvix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N4 17-Feb-2023 First Ending
« Reply #8707 on: March 09, 2023, 04:26:38 am »
I think I need to add to a question asked before - what is the specific trigger now for Ninjas to build bases? I've dealt with them via helping the Lokk'Naars and got a research entry or two (ninja interception I think it was called, or something like that), but so far I haven't found any bases and the savegames don't seem to show any either.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8708 on: March 09, 2023, 04:49:27 pm »
What happened to xpiratez.wtf ? It was such a good site.

Reportedly, it was disconnected by the provider for reasons unknown. (It was not maintained by Dioxine.)

But there's a replacement: https://xpedia.netlify.app/

Offline Vengos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: April 12, 2023, 02:46:00 pm »
Reportedly, it was disconnected by the provider for reasons unknown. (It was not maintained by Dioxine.)

But there's a replacement: https://xpedia.netlify.app/
Its outdated. I compiled new version in attachments.

Offline termidor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: April 13, 2023, 01:15:22 am »
I don't know if the guns of the patriots mission is from this update or before, but reinforcement comes too fast and in substancial numbers (5 that I could count on round 7). Considering the amount of nazis in the mission, I think it would be more fitting of the description  to have then arrive a bit latter. Also a countdown would be nice, as that clearly inform the player how much time is on the clock.

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: April 14, 2023, 12:12:18 pm »
I don't know if the guns of the patriots mission is from this update or before, but reinforcement comes too fast and in substancial numbers (5 that I could count on round 7). Considering the amount of nazis in the mission, I think it would be more fitting of the description  to have then arrive a bit latter. Also a countdown would be nice, as that clearly inform the player how much time is on the clock.

To be fair description states you have to hurry, though finishing this in 5 turns seems impossible. I have to say that reinforcements on this mission are quite strong and make it a challenge compared to humanists alone.

I second the reinforcement timer though (even a 1 turn alert will be fine), once I had reinforcements spawn just behind my soldiers (though not on this mission - on bandit town, so they didn't do much damage) - since they act immediately it was surprising and I think unpreventable.

Also I had like 5 missions of this type and 4 times humanists just blew whole warehouse during panic or misplaced shot(s) resulting in at least half of them dying - is this intended? Maybe it should blow when an explosive is used? Otherwise I would not place people with firearms near that stuff :P

Offline OXCEForumLurker

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: April 18, 2023, 06:25:18 am »
Seconded on guns of the patriots.  I'd worked hard to sensibly take territory, and I had the whole left side of the screen, however it was separated by a wide road with no cover on either side of it for some ways.  Even though the Humanists were in a panic spiral, it took me as long to kill the reinforcements as it did for reinforcements to spawn.
So, there was basically no way to approach the other side.  Even with everyone panicking there's a good chance one or two humanists would get a shot off, meaning I'd need to send big numbers across at once.  Except, there was a 30-60% chance a bunch of enemies were going to spawn above and below them, and with 1st turn initiative shred them with their better firepower.

Honestly I ctrl-D ctrl-J'ed it.  If it weren't for freshness, I could camp and pull weaponry off the reinforcement corpses until I got a good roll and send folks across and kill the 2 dogs.  As it was, case of "life's too short"

Do reinforcements ever peter out, is there a set number of waves?  But I agree, an explicit timer like the supply ship missiions, that is longer than 5 or so turns, would be a good fix

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: May 07, 2023, 02:17:58 am »
Agree me too in that mission. Plus, i'd like to make some simply suggestioni (i hope) :

* humanist soldiers equipment is fine as it is exept for assault machineguns and auto rifles; their primary weapins  should be mainly ol rifle  and messer - since they are basic foottropers - while the instructors are fine as of now. Humanists are kinda minor faction so better leave more good stuff to bigger ones...

* guild security should carry usually medium type weapons  like auto rifles and assault smg leavin assault rifles, caws and assault machineguns  to bigger factions, like Church of syrus, smugglers and osiron security...

* military police should be renamed "govt police" while the actual one might change its name to "humanist gendarme" or "vigilante"

* a bit more coherence regarding individual enemy armamenti, eg givt pilot usually carry six shooters while i think they should have at least assault pistols; hell govt units are supposed  always to have the best!

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: May 10, 2023, 07:55:06 am »
Not sure if this should be in here, but is there a list of the requirements for each captain rank?  On my first playthrough of the newest version and have had some trouble figuring them out.