Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3685985 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N4 17-Feb-2023 First Ending
« Reply #8730 on: May 29, 2023, 06:50:38 pm »
I do not think the UAC weaponry idea would work like you want to.

The  UAC weaponry list is large and heterogenous.

UAC carbine is ubiquitous and pretty good, but clearly an early weapon.

UAC Rifle is a bit later, rare, but not quite having a good niche.

UAC Pistol is even more rare, but is actually plenty useful compressing the rifle use case in a portable sidearm format.

UAC Nailgun is gnarly but is a NPC weapon, and you are unlikely to even see it until year 2.

UAC plasmagun is very useful but really rare, and sourcing ammo for it is difficult.

BFG 9000 is a monster of a gun, even rarer than plasmagun, with it being a plasma Rocket Launcher.

UAC Rocket Launcher is a fast firing rl that can be taken to space, so it cas quite an use case.

All these weapons are VASTLY different, operate differently, ammo is sourced in different fashion, and you rely on them at different part of the game.

Just because you know about the common as fuc UAC carbine does not entitle you to knowledge about BFG operation.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: June 01, 2023, 02:29:31 am »
I do not think the UAC weaponry idea would work like you want to.

The  UAC weaponry list is large and heterogenous.

UAC carbine is ubiquitous and pretty good, but clearly an early weapon.

UAC Rifle is a bit later, rare, but not quite having a good niche.

UAC Pistol is even more rare, but is actually plenty useful compressing the rifle use case in a portable sidearm format.

UAC Nailgun is gnarly but is a NPC weapon, and you are unlikely to even see it until year 2.

UAC plasmagun is very useful but really rare, and sourcing ammo for it is difficult.

BFG 9000 is a monster of a gun, even rarer than plasmagun, with it being a plasma Rocket Launcher.

UAC Rocket Launcher is a fast firing rl that can be taken to space, so it cas quite an use case.

All these weapons are VASTLY different, operate differently, ammo is sourced in different fashion, and you rely on them at different part of the game.

Just because you know about the common as fuc UAC carbine does not entitle you to knowledge about BFG operation.

mhh I don't know I've always wondered why the uac arsenal has always been so scattered in the research tree. Perhaps the logical and underlying answer in the game is that less powerful uac weapons are more common to find, even on the black market? And because the researchers - who are civilians - are sometimes armed with uac carbines, shouldn't it be the prerogative of military units or bandits? Maybe there are links between uac and academy? If yes, I believe that this should emerge from research, throughout history, perhaps with a couple of topics

In any case, I noticed that zombiermen are sometimes armed with domestic shotguns and pitchforks, but in reality they should always have the basic weapons of the uac, i.e. pistol, rifle, and perhaps the aforementioned carbines, wouldn't it make more sense? Maybe the more advanced uac weapons unlocked with research to be purchased should be unlocked with a dedicated research topic? What do you think?

To make game less frustrating i'd lower the rank for hunter-killer manufacturin, as of N4.0.2 is "boss", and a 14mm cannon or At least its ammo should be easily unlockable in early phases of the game in the black market, so we might replenish ammo stockpike for crappy craft (buckaroo and such).

In closing, reading this post here i was thinking: wouldn't be nice if every contry in the world would give access to an unique craft, after unlocking it with research? Aside the buckaroos and more sh***y vessels (the birds family) that can manufacture everywhere? Might be used the existing ones or even some more might be added so we should get one vessel unique per country. Deal?  :D ;D

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: June 01, 2023, 09:59:34 am »
In closing, reading this post here i was thinking: wouldn't be nice if every contry in the world would give access to an unique craft, after unlocking it with research? Aside the buckaroos and more sh***y vessels (the birds family) that can manufacture everywhere? Might be used the existing ones or even some more might be added so we should get one vessel unique per country. Deal?  :D ;D

if you personnaly balance, tileset and paint that crafts - why not? Not to mention that anyone can make their own submod  ;)  it's not forbidden or something
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:05:58 am by LexThorn »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: June 06, 2023, 08:41:02 am »
Don't know whether might be fine, but i'd remove "prize:scoped magnum" as a perquisire for "bigger guns", "guns 4 us" to manufacture boarding guns and hancannons.

And in the briefing screen (the one appears once a new mission is spawned in geoscape) besides info on wheather, might we get some poniters in the terrain? (eg, urban, woods and so on)

A little help for us players, please?

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: June 07, 2023, 02:33:40 am »
I see that the sky ninjas timetable has been pushed back, and is now triggered by player action.  What triggers the first round of ninja retalitation missions?  I just had my secondary base get absolutely wrecked by a full ninja team + assassin.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: June 07, 2023, 10:40:08 am »
Mr. handy has a bonus for demolish, but hammer not. And seems the shovrl cannot be used to dig as the pickaxe, right? So why cannot it be? Maybe in next versions thinghs gonna change?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N5 07-Jun-2023 Shadow Descent
« Reply #8736 on: June 07, 2023, 04:19:50 pm »
New version is up. Enjoy!

Offline JDS

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: June 07, 2023, 07:34:02 pm »
Awesome, thanks!

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: June 07, 2023, 09:31:11 pm »
Super! Just thinking: messer is an ancient weapon, so would make more sense to make avaiable in black market after "contact:merchants" i researched, like the ol' rifle, while as of now is required "contact: gun emporoium".

In general there is shortage of early assault rifle in the beginning of the game. Aside the ramshackle rifle, RCF carabine and homefront rifle, maybe something else could make its way into the market? Of course, weapons of old...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 09:33:00 pm by ontherun »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: June 07, 2023, 11:04:19 pm »
New version is up. Enjoy!

Nice update! I'll resume my current campaign as soon as I can.

By the way, non named dogs and bloodhounds need to be sold prior to the update. I suppose you won't tell so not to spoil the surprise. The sell applies to only those two auxilia. Werewolves, cats and other critters remain unchanged, right?

In general there is shortage of early assault rifle in the beginning of the game. Aside the ramshackle rifle, RCF carabine and homefront rifle, maybe something else could make its way into the market? Of course, weapons of old...

In my current campaign, I found myself issuing the homefront rifle (with a bayonette) as the first standard issued weapon. Said weapon should be available to produce or to buy, has decent stats (specially on long range fire), have autofire, not be heavy, and have large magazines. It was later replaced by the Omega Rifle. Stocks of Homefront rifles and ammo were sent to the main storage base along with all the surplus of everything.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8740 on: June 08, 2023, 12:28:17 am »
By the way, non named dogs and bloodhounds need to be sold prior to the update. I suppose you won't tell so not to spoil the surprise. The sell applies to only those two auxilia. Werewolves, cats and other critters remain unchanged, right?

Yes, only unnamed dogs and bloodhounds.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8741 on: June 08, 2023, 03:30:50 am »
And ye I told 'sell them' but you can name them, too. The named ones stay.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: June 08, 2023, 03:55:49 pm »
Is there any working wiki for xpiratez?

Offline Berggen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: June 09, 2023, 12:18:45 pm »
I am still using the old xpedia.bat last packaged with N2, it still works even with newer versions of the mod.