Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3611271 times)

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - M3 28-Nov-2021 The Planet of Rust
« Reply #8295 on: December 27, 2021, 08:43:23 pm »
Yeah, light weapons got split into light and "ground", of which the buckaroo uses ground instead.  Early game this is just 14mm chainguns, gotten from necroparts recycling.  So you'll need an aircar for now or something.  Or use airballs (DV) I guess.

alright, that's what the [GR] stands for, thx Greep. I mounted some airballs on it, never used them before.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: December 29, 2021, 01:49:48 am »
Sure thing :D  And yeah, going green codex definitely seems to be the way to go on jack sparrow, kind of amazing how much difference it makes on score being able to shoot down all these bandits :O

The assault clones might be a little too badass, though, due to the golden shields and hardcore bio resistance.  It's a little silly being able to just grab some knives and go melee a whole bunch of megascorpions and giant spiders.  I could probably knock them all out even for uber bucks although it'd be a bit tedious.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:07:31 am by Greep »

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: December 29, 2021, 04:10:41 pm »
We need new update.
Just wanna more lore.

Offline Xolvix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: December 30, 2021, 04:32:51 am »
I've done a couple of EuroSyndicate Elimination missions now, but they've always ended up with a Disaster raiting. The mission text clearly states to "eliminate all targets", yet once the mission ends the "Enemies Killed" score is always in the high negatives (as well as for Dead Men Looted). People tend to surrender before this happens though, ending the mission early. Is that what's causing the mission to be considered a failure despite being a bloodbath? What am I doing wrong?

I did a quick search and someone also asked about the same issue a couple of years ago, but the only response I saw was a quip about how it's a bad idea to do deals with an evil corporation mega-state without reading the fine print. Which I mean... yeah, but it's research. You do whatever research you come across, especially if your brainers aren't fully utilized. Since I get an infamy disadvantage regardless of whether I partake in the missions or not (at least until I work out how to do them properly) and I can't seem to tell them to piss off permanently, I feel like I will have to resort to savegame editing to keep going eventually.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 04:42:39 am by Xolvix »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: December 30, 2021, 04:54:08 am »
The euro syndicate eliminations are intentionally designed to be bad scoring. Almost all the targets are units that give negative score on kill, and only modest positive if captured while researched. Given that there government/MDF units you rather rarely have many already researched. The big wads of cash on the ground just barely break even on the average composition. Attending is still marginally better then the de-spawn penalty. This is all as designed and intended.

It is after all the euro-syndicate getting you to do there wetwork against other governments, in exchange for access to more of there tech. Help one nominal ally stab other nominal ally in the back is generally not a good thing for ones reputation. Hence the shitty score.

The meta thing to do is delay starting the deal till you have the other unlocks to do the renegotiation as quickly as possible and avoid the task entierly or at least only need to do it for a single month.

Offline Xolvix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - M3 28-Nov-2021 The Planet of Rust
« Reply #8300 on: December 30, 2021, 05:28:46 am »
Aha, OK then. Something to remember I guess for the next eventual replay. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8301 on: December 30, 2021, 01:58:12 pm »
I never got that far, but you can cancel the deal eventually.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: December 30, 2021, 06:43:16 pm »
So, I ended up fighting one of those early game jeeps, the ones that come before the armored patrols,  and rolled spartans.  Stuck it out anyways I ended up going against some unexpected weapons.

Among the loot was a wyvern plasma gun and a gauss pistol O.O  I think they might have the wrong tech level lol.  This is may '01 fighting an undefended ground patrol.

Anyways, turned out to be a win since even though a few died I got some light machineguns :D  And some kevlar for the sausage fest.

Edit: Arg, am I going to get a spartan retaliation? Blugh.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:14:09 pm by Greep »

Offline adix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: January 02, 2022, 12:48:30 pm »
quick question:
 i have started a run with M.2.2 and upgraded to M3.2.1
 I have researched Lost Souls short prior the upgrade.
 With M3 .. there is now a option to offer lost souls - however i cant capture them within any shadowrealms mission. (this is similar to ghosts)
 Its a bit strange that i cant build any Dream Walker tappings for peasants as well.
 What is the requirement to capture them?
Thanks

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - M4 6-Jan-2022 Peasant Revolution
« Reply #8304 on: January 06, 2022, 05:14:31 pm »
M4 version released. Enjoy!

Offline SteamStalker

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: January 06, 2022, 08:07:16 pm »
A little question: I've found no mentions of the Data Patch (which is on openxcom.org, the forum just doesn't allows me to post a link) in the XPiratez subforum, but I recall that on some other site, while XPiratez mod was discussed, somebody mentioned that Data Patch is necessary to install. Should I apply it? If so, how? Should I just copy my X-Com files (say, from Steam copy of a game) to "XPiratez\UFO" folder, and then copy the Data Patch files into the same folder, overwriting every file it prompts? How important Data Patch is while playin XPiratez anyway?

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: January 07, 2022, 12:54:37 am »
M4 version released. Enjoy!

Thank you, our messiah!

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: January 07, 2022, 01:59:39 am »
@steamwalker

Never heard of the data patch, works just fine with just the base xcom files.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: January 07, 2022, 04:10:52 am »
A little question: I've found no mentions of the Data Patch (which is on openxcom.org, the forum just doesn't allows me to post a link) in the XPiratez subforum, but I recall that on some other site, while XPiratez mod was discussed, somebody mentioned that Data Patch is necessary to install. Should I apply it? If so, how? Should I just copy my X-Com files (say, from Steam copy of a game) to "XPiratez\UFO" folder, and then copy the Data Patch files into the same folder, overwriting every file it prompts? How important Data Patch is while playin XPiratez anyway?

@steamwalker

Never heard of the data patch, works just fine with just the base xcom files.

If you are talking about what I think you are, you can find the 'data patch' files on the offical OpenXcom site, here:
https://openxcom.org/downloads-extras/

Specifically this one for X-COM: UFO Defense:
https://openxcom.org/download/extras/universal-patch-ufo.zip

And this one for X-COM: Terror From the Deep:
https://openxcom.org/download/extras/universal-patch-tftd.zip

As many mods are going to rely on the original game's files using these patches to fix a few of the remaining glitches is worth the install and the setup is very easy.

If you installed the windows version of OpenXcom via the .exe release (Not the standalone .zip) it should already have the 'Data Patch' included... I think.

To install the patch manually for X-COM: UFO Defense: (Information from patch.txt included in universal-patch-ufo.zip)
"To install, extract to your OpenXcom\UFO folder, overwriting every file."

To install the patch manually for X-COM: Terror From the Deep: (Information from patch.txt included in universal-patch-tftd.zip)
To install, extract to your OpenXcom\TFTD folder, overwriting every file.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:23:53 am by The Martian »

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: January 07, 2022, 08:46:50 pm »
Surely Meridian's Openxcom extended has taken care of this, so there would no need of the patch for Piratez or Openxcomfiles.