Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609889 times)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L4 15-Sep-2020 Mad Melee Massacre
« Reply #7890 on: September 25, 2020, 12:51:55 pm »
Yeah offline doesn't work for me either.  This still works, though, and is L4 https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US

xcomfan

« Reply #7891 on: September 25, 2020, 04:19:41 pm »
Yeah offline doesn't work for me either.  This still works, though, and is L4 https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US

I updated from L3, and everything is fine, try to reinstall from a fresh download?

Hey, in L4 the plastasteel munition for smartpistol deliver the same damage the same of the regular ones (see screenshot)? I'd humbly suggest to increase its damage to 28 - same as the niner magnum ones - while the latter might only manufacturables, other than buayble at the market, for a better balancing :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 12:16:42 am by xcomfan »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: September 25, 2020, 04:53:51 pm »
Have you looked at the ANAL and noticed the differences? If not, then do so.

xcomfan

« Reply #7893 on: September 25, 2020, 04:55:48 pm »
Have you looked at the ANAL and noticed the differences? If not, then do so.

No...ok but plastasteel should be much thougher than "regular" piercin magnum rounds, well whatever :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 12:16:56 am by xcomfan »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: September 25, 2020, 06:19:53 pm »
As far as regular real-life firearms are concerned, the material of the bullet affects penetration and fragmentation (here: armor penetration and 'health damage'), while the impact power (damage) is a property of the cartridge itself, for the most part. So a .44 magnum revolver round will (in almost all cases) have more raw 'damage' (due to high kinetic energy), even though it's made of soft lead, while a 5.7mm (a modern armor piercing pistol round) will rip through armor, but leave comparatively smaller wounds. I don't want to turn this topics into a lecture on firearm mechanics so if you want more detail you can read up on the internet or drop me a PM.

TL;DR - yes, it works the way it's supposed to.

xcomfan

« Reply #7895 on: September 27, 2020, 12:19:48 am »
As far as regular real-life firearms are concerned, the material of the bullet affects penetration and fragmentation (here: armor penetration and 'health damage'), while the impact power (damage) is a property of the cartridge itself, for the most part. So a .44 magnum revolver round will (in almost all cases) have more raw 'damage' (due to high kinetic energy), even though it's made of soft lead, while a 5.7mm (a modern armor piercing pistol round) will rip through armor, but leave comparatively smaller wounds. I don't want to turn this topics into a lecture on firearm mechanics so if you want more detail you can read up on the internet or drop me a PM.

TL;DR - yes, it works the way it's supposed to.

Thanks for the explanation but at first i that thought it made worthless havin gals equipped with smartpistol, so better use confederate eagle or supet magnums, did not see any benefits

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: September 27, 2020, 03:46:36 am »
I wouldn't worry about weapon balance after back to school, there's like a million weapons.  If you want something light to kill mostly unarmored dudes, shiny niner and blackmarch smg e-pulse kinda replaces all of the pistols/smgs/shotguns once you reach back to school (throwing knives/ninja stars are pretty good too).  If it's armored, a pistol is probably not the tool you want to use at that point in the game (except maybe tazogun :D).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 05:51:49 am by Greep »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: September 27, 2020, 11:16:10 am »
*cough*Kustom Handcannon*cough*

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: September 27, 2020, 12:00:44 pm »
Oh interesting, didn't realize the kustom version lost the soft bullets.  Quite a thumper :D

xcomfan

« Reply #7899 on: September 27, 2020, 06:28:07 pm »
A bit of a suggestion: as of L4 findin the riot shield is quite aleatory, like the wrench for the workshop used to be in past version, since it's very random getting it unless player is lucky with megapol interception; i'd advice to remove the goddamned shield from the requirements for the "industrial tools" topic, or at least replace with something more common but still related...a screwdriver...for instance?

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: September 27, 2020, 06:52:41 pm »
something more common
Have you ever seen a screwdriver in-game?
IMO the access to riot shields is fine - Megapol flyovers are pretty common, so the shields are mostly guaranteed, just don't expect to get them on the first try. Sa as with any other tech. If you're that impatient, then perhaps you can mod the game to start with all the research critical items in storage.

Only thing that is a bit illogical with the shields is that they're not a tool but a product. It's like learning smithing by examining a sword - sure, you'll know what's possible, but it doesn't really tell you much about the process itself.

xcomfan

« Reply #7901 on: September 27, 2020, 07:02:01 pm »
Have you ever seen a screwdriver in-game?
IMO the access to riot shields is fine - Megapol flyovers are pretty common, so the shields are mostly guaranteed, just don't expect to get them on the first try. Sa as with any other tech. If you're that impatient, then perhaps you can mod the game to start with all the research critical items in storage.
Well i giess im unlucky then because on 5/6 runs only on a couple i got these  :'( And a screwdriver might always be an addiction needed...;)

Only thing that is a bit illogical with the shields is that they're not a tool but a product. It's like learning smithing by examining a sword - sure, you'll know what's possible, but it doesn't really tell you much about the process itself.

Actually yes, maybe in next version something will change? Unless Dioxine gonna be inspired..:(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7902 on: September 30, 2020, 12:24:10 am »
A bit of a suggestion: as of L4 findin the riot shield is quite aleatory

Untrue, they're rather common.

Offline DaEMon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: September 30, 2020, 07:41:18 am »
Hi everyone,
I just read that the new L4 version features "Battle Tank manufacturing time x2". I humbly disagree with this because Battle tanks production is your main late game source of income and you need a lot of money to produce the conqueror ship. The darn ship requires 250 hellerium capsules (who costs 3.1M a piece if you buy them, for a grand total of 775M!) or they require 12500 units of hellerium to manufacture. Buying that amount of hellerium costs 250M plus you still need to invest 1.250.000 hours of production to manufacture them.
In my experience (I already finished one campaign in the past and I'm about to finish the second one) the last months of the game you are just building tanks to produce enough money to build/buy the capsules for the ship. Nerfing the battle tank production will only make this process unnecessary longer. I would suggest to keep unchanged battle tank manufacturing time and maybe put it later on the tech tree. 

Thanks Dioxine for this amazing mod. I had thousands of hours fun playing it. I'm just trying to add my two cents here
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 07:51:29 am by DaEMon »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: September 30, 2020, 09:14:32 am »
I like how challenging the melee update is, but I feel it makes it a bit too easy for enemies to retaliate (especially on Jack Sparrow difficulty, with enemies getting insane reactions boost). I think it would be a good idea to balance it, for instance, by making more (if not all) melee weapons interrupt reactions.