Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3663525 times)

Offline SymbolicFrank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L2 - 21 May - Blood And Skulls
« Reply #7830 on: July 24, 2020, 10:35:31 pm »
When you see your feedback isn't going anywhere, or keeps going in circles, just give up.
People who agree with it, have seen it (and mostly don't react to it).
People who don't agree with it, will just keep not agreeing with it... changing opinions on this forum is a very rare sight (maybe not only on this forum? :) ).

Dioxine has most likely seen it, or will see it in the near future... and will decide on his own.

I agree with you on many (not all) specific points.
There's a LOT of things I don't like in piratez... but there's even more I do like.
The mod is for free and it is just a single-player game... don't be afraid to cheat and don't be afraid to mod it.
I've played this mod only twice (many real-world months each)... and I cheated and modded both times.
I don't feel bad about it, quite the contrary.... it made my experience a lot more pleasurable.
And that's the only thing that counts.

Thanks.

The thing is, the most interesting (although longest) project would be a new (and very deadly) AI, and I'm not sure this community would appreciate that. For starters, even if ranged enemies couldn't hit you if you were standing next to them, I would definitely program them to take a step aside before shooting your gal. So it would make melee much harder, and it seems that is the preferred way to play.

Offline LandrewHun

• Squaddie
  • Purge the Mutant!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: July 25, 2020, 12:18:19 pm »
Finally back to this great mod!
Really enjoying it with or without any rule-set edits, even edited the chance of factions showing up a bit.
Quite happy to experiment with that..  :D Kinda want to attack and take down a few Humanist ship before any Pogrom happening.
This game mod being still active was a good surprise. :)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: August 04, 2020, 02:21:43 am »
Heya, checked out the manufacturing costs for big rocks, and it seems like the benefits of processing them are too small.  Checked out the ruleset and did some math, and you statistically get under 2,000 credits in the 400 workshop time.

When you check out the equivalent gains for x-grog in that time (~8000), you essentially gain -6000 by processing them.  In other words, the huge fee for selling each rock (5k each) is cheaper than processing them.

Since you eventually will end up selling them months later, it's kinda like starting the game off with -850,000 funds.  Yikes.

I'm assuming they were mainly added to stop you from selling your armored vaults in january, so I'd have hoped they would add some value rather than just be a pain in the butt.  Lowering the rock production from 775 to 100 (so 100 {}, 50 ore, 35 corpses, 10 silver, 10 gold, 1 of each gem) would at least put it in line with x-grog production.  That would yield on average ~4 gems, so this makes it a very random treasure chest with an extremely long processing time.  So they're still an annoyance, but at least you get some shinies out of it rather than just paying some dudes to ship them out of your base.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 03:32:34 am by Greep »

Offline magitsu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: August 09, 2020, 01:43:52 pm »
I'd have hoped they would add some value rather than just be a pain in the butt.
Perhaps it's better to just adjust your expectations. In a mod which campaign takes several hundred hours this kind of thing is likely just that, for early game pacing/lore purposes. Overall they start from literal scrapheap and iron age tech.
"X-grog profitable" is an arbitrary level, other early things are very likely not meant to be as worthwhile as it. That's an useful item, wheras I'm not seeing why Xpiratez should strive to become a profitable quarry business.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 02:18:30 pm by magitsu »

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: August 10, 2020, 12:50:43 am »
Well, main thing I was pointing out was when it comes time to clear up space, it's more viable to take the -5k hit and ship them out then it is to crush them.  Seems like a waste of a randomized manufacturing process.  Not a huge concern to me either way, just pointing out some math nerd crap.  I do think it'd be nice if they were also useful like "piles of junk" but if not, whatever xD
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 12:56:58 am by Greep »

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: August 10, 2020, 02:00:47 pm »
Why not just add a small chance for gems?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7836 on: August 10, 2020, 04:54:34 pm »
But they have a chance to yield gems already.

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: August 11, 2020, 06:49:12 am »
Maybe just increase it to the point where it's no longer cheaper to just sell them.

(Or, alternatively, make their negative sell price more extreme - either way.  The point is that since it takes a little effort, research, setup and workshop space to break them apart, doing so should have at least some advantage over selling them / paying to have them removed; and I'm not sure "get gems whose value is far less than what you'd get by doing anything else with your time" qualifies, especially since at that point in the game you have no use for specific gems and won't for a looooong time.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 06:53:31 am by Yglorba »

Offline magitsu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: August 11, 2020, 07:43:28 pm »
In my current game processing the rocks was slightly useful, because I managed to turn all initial Rares into sailor suits and the research bottlenecked for a bit due to me not finding any from loot. I just sell them usually.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 08:03:08 pm by magitsu »

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: August 14, 2020, 04:17:10 am »
It seems especially annoying on jack/davy with the earthquakes.  Each quake basically costs over 500k in damage through shoving a bunch of big rocks in your base.  I found an amusing exploit to this, though:  Just make an undefended "rock base"  that you ship big rocks to once you start accumulating thousands of them (only costs 70 credits to ship to another base).  If the enemy takes it, they just get a bunch of big rocks lmao.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L3 23-Aug-2020 The Byzantine Crown
« Reply #7840 on: August 23, 2020, 10:45:21 pm »
New version up, finally. Enjoy, you basement neets, you.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: August 25, 2020, 11:50:01 am »
yay! 

yap, "socky" ( = ~~neets  ;D :)

xcomfan

« Reply #7842 on: August 25, 2020, 12:00:37 pm »
Another shot at glory! Small note: instead of havin' that o'harty's gun, might it be renamed "kustom rifle" to parin with kustum blunderbuss) and the description may say that gals are fascinated by long projectiles of some sort...always hoping for some motre metal tracks...see you in next version!

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: August 25, 2020, 12:58:48 pm »
But Oharty's gun is not a rifle. Even carbine is stretching it. It's a pistol(?). A pistol-carbine hybrid?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:00:57 pm by Iazo »

xcomfan

« Reply #7844 on: August 25, 2020, 02:37:15 pm »
But Oharty's gun is not a rifle. Even carbine is stretching it. It's a pistol(?). A pistol-carbine hybrid?

yes  but in game's logic it's supposed to be (generically) an handgun, but i was arguin on the name, not on the classification. Another possible solution might ve "kustom handgun" or "kustom lil'gun" 8)