Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609056 times)

Offline AhsokaTaHo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L2 - 21 May - Blood And Skulls
« Reply #7725 on: June 01, 2020, 02:07:36 pm »
Tell us what at the beginning, having studied the gold code will give an opening to all others there is a bug? If so, when will it finally be corrected?

xcomfan

« Reply #7726 on: June 01, 2020, 11:01:28 pm »
Tell us what at the beginning, having studied the gold code will give an opening to all others there is a bug? If so, when will it finally be corrected?

In my run i picked the gold one and i think it's balanced along the others, so it's ok

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: June 01, 2020, 11:31:11 pm »

What bug?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: June 02, 2020, 04:38:54 am »
I'm assuming a faulty translation is at work here.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: June 03, 2020, 05:35:46 pm »
I honestly don't remember that bit from the in-game english description of the gold codex, so yea, might be an issue with the translation.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: June 06, 2020, 06:03:04 pm »
Should Combat/Survival Bow be added to stun weapons with Combat Bow Stun Arrows?

xcomfan

« Reply #7731 on: June 07, 2020, 06:52:17 pm »
Should Combat/Survival Bow be added to stun weapons with Combat Bow Stun Arrows?

Don't know, i'd leave it as it is know cebause of its main ammo. moreover in lots of maps there are ancient wheeled vehicles, it's just a small observation but in 2601 should be a bit more of futuristic cars part of the background, don't you think? like aircars. Some inspiration here, also a DeLorean as a scenery part would be nice. Just thinking :)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: June 07, 2020, 07:45:21 pm »
You run around with flintlocks, so there is definitivly space for some 20th/21st century style cars. Large parts of the world are even less advanced, they probably know about petrol cars, but all they have is steam power, if they are lucky.

Offline amjh

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:32 pm »
Wouldn't advanced tech be too valuable to leave lying around? Even if it's just scrap value, it would be good money for commoners.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: June 08, 2020, 04:37:52 am »
Don't know, i'd leave it as it is know cebause of its main ammo.

The domestic shotgun/police shotgun are also labelled as stun weapons because of the rubber bullet ammo. Their main ammo is absolutely shoot to kill. I really don't see how that is relevant.

xcomfan

« Reply #7735 on: June 09, 2020, 04:10:28 pm »
Just for enquiry: from version futher L2, are gonne be implemented breaking changes in the research tree?

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: June 09, 2020, 07:22:23 pm »
Maybe. While Dioxine works hard to allow for backwards save compatibility, it's not always possible. See the topic "Upgrading saves between versions".

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: June 10, 2020, 01:29:46 am »

:o wůt? ? so, me, im granted by choosing the Gold Codex opening,access also to all 3 others reaming ? ?  :o

hmmmnnnn
i just must try it

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: June 12, 2020, 04:33:54 am »
It is hard to discern what AhsokaTaHo is asking.  I assumed he/she was looking for a legit way to research the other color codices after researching the gold one.  Which of course there isn't one since only one choice is allowed by design.  Recent posts discussing modding XPiratez to research all 4 colors might have confused AhsokaTaHo especially if english is difficult for him/her.

xcomfan

« Reply #7739 on: June 12, 2020, 03:19:20 pm »
Well actually just a thougth: codex crafts should not supposed to be avaiable via black market since these are the product of arcane understandin  involving the drill and then should be only manufacturable? This might make more sense,could it even made it without revolutionize the research tree?

Moreover, documentation research should lead to craft buying, like the weapons, would be nice, what do you think? the turtle might be a nice example,as of L2 is avaiable with all codexes. Maybe some more vessels hope will be added, of course following the philosophy "reay when it's ready"!!

Megapol at least at the beginning of the game should not use rusty niners, more that often in such early stages i've seen that, it sould use mostly police revolver and shotguns. Might be added in the future also specific police issued guns (megapol pistol, mrgapol carabine), as well other marsec entitled ones, or some more xg stuff in later stages. My 2's cents :) :)

Edit: AI should be less cheaty on cover, it always knows how where and how take cover, i'd suggest only more military oriented/trained units may calculate that (spartans, marsec?)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 03:23:39 pm by xcomfan »